View Poll Results: What did you think of USM #16.1?

Voters
44. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

34 77.27%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

8 18.18%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 4.55%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Was it not the CIA who cloned Peter rather than Roxxon?
    Oops, that could be. But it was Roxxon who captured Eddie, correct? That's the important link to Marcus.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Oops, that could be. But it was Roxxon who captured Eddie, correct? That's the important link to Marcus.
    You know, you made me doubt, so I checked : it actually isn't Roxxon which captured Eddie, it was Trask Industries. I think the Venom arcs are the only ones where that particular company is involved, so confusion with Roxxon, which is much more present in the series, is bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yoyo View Post
    You know, you made me doubt, so I checked : it actually isn't Roxxon which captured Eddie, it was Trask Industries. I think the Venom arcs are the only ones where that particular company is involved, so confusion with Roxxon, which is much more present in the series, is bound to happen.
    Ah ok, my bad :P thanks for checking. I still think its Marcus, though, because of what he says to her when he kills her and their conversation outside of Roxxon. Plus Venom will be directly tied to Miles since it was Marcus' spider that bit him and turned him into Spider-Man.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Ah ok, my bad :P thanks for checking. I still think its Marcus, though, because of what he says to her when he kills her and their conversation outside of Roxxon. Plus Venom will be directly tied to Miles since it was Marcus' spider that bit him and turned him into Spider-Man.
    Marcus is a very logical choice. Although his personality in human form didn't really fit the Venom M.O. So far Eddie was a angry ego maniacal maniac in the UU and Peter almost went insane. Marcus was what I would describe as whiny, incompetent and frightened.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I loved this issue, but I was kinda asking WTF at Betty's conclusion. The new Spider-Man is Miles' Dad? Have you SEEN the size difference?! How did she not conclude it was his son?!
    Check out my Spark Comics: http://SparkComic.com
    Cyclops Vs. The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/14oECsT
    Superior Spider-Man Vs The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/122FuwE

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSparkplug View Post
    I loved this issue, but I was kinda asking WTF at Betty's conclusion. The new Spider-Man is Miles' Dad? Have you SEEN the size difference?! How did she not conclude it was his son?!
    Who would suspect a 13 year old kid? Most people didn't even suspect that the first Spider-Man was 15. Felicia didn't even know even after she kissed him until she saw him with his mask off. So it's hard to tell the age of a masked person, she just assumed Spider-MAN was a... Well... Man.

On Vacation

Who would suspect a 13 year old kid? Most people didn't even suspect that the first Spider-Man was 15. Felicia didn't even know even after she kissed him until she saw him with his mask off. So it's hard to tell the age of a masked person, she just assumed Spider-MAN was a... Well... Man.
    You know now that I think about it I wonder if the people of New York think Miles is a midget lol. No one would guess automatically that Miles is a kid though now that it's been known that Peter is Spiderman I guess that probably think he is a kid now.

Eh, with Peter's identity being public knowledge and Miles looking to be smaller than Pete I would think most people would assume he's a kid.

On another note, I don't know if it was mentioned, but what if Ben Ulrich was Venom? It's kind of an out there suggestion I know, but the disdain he showed Betty made him seem like he'd have a motive in killing her.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

RIP Betty Brant. If you had never threatened to burn down the Bugle, Peter would have never gotten that job.

Nice to see JJJ's transformation on the idea of superheroes actually remain consistent, I would think it'd be easy for him to go and hack up the new Spidey but he actually, like, learned something. After seeing the city drown and getting shot in the head. But it's nice to know some things stick.

EDIT: Y'know I had no idea that it wasn't supposed to be Eddie until scanning the thread. Derp. I think I thought for a second "Not Eddie" then my brain promptly reverted to "Eddie" and now back to "Not Eddie". Carry on.

Oh, and when I organize my All New UCSM issues, this is definitely being placed after the DWF crossover. To re-read it in the middle would be really, really odd.
    Last edited by President Kang; 11-03-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16-1.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	103785
    UUVenom a bit like Baytor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16-1.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	103785
    UUVenom a bit like Baytor.
    I posted in that thread lol.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Y'know if you just read basically one Bendis book, like me with USM, his style fits perfectly because he's been writing the book since issue 1 and you don't see his stylistic quirks pop up in other books all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, with Peter's identity being public knowledge and Miles looking to be smaller than Pete I would think most people would assume he's a kid.

On another note, I don't know if it was mentioned, but what if Ben Ulrich was Venom? It's kind of an out there suggestion I know, but the disdain he showed Betty made him seem like he'd have a motive in killing her.
    I'm personally going with Marcus, but this is a pretty good guess too. I have no idea how he could have gotten the symbiote though.
    Check out Mywebbedreviews.com for Spider-Man related reviews, rants and more!

Loving this series. It's a slow burn but so much better for it. Only nitpick I have is I think the writer hates Felcia Hardy, she's hardly ever in the book and I doubt she'll be popping up anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed83 View Post
    Loving this series. It's a slow burn but so much better for it. Only nitpick I have is I think the writer hates Felcia Hardy, she's hardly ever in the book and I doubt she'll be popping up anytime soon.
    She's been in three out of 29 arcs. How often do you expect her to appear? Even Green Goblin only showed up five times.