View Poll Results: What did you think of USM #16.1?

Voters
44. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

34 77.27%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

8 18.18%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 4.55%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

The face and hands are both pretty weak links. Doom's hands are pretty normal versus Venom's claw-like fingers, and the faces really look nothing alike. All they share in the face is shallow cheekbones, but venom is missing Doom's distinct chin.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    The face and hands are both pretty weak links. Doom's hands are pretty normal versus Venom's claw-like fingers, and the faces really look nothing alike. All they share in the face is shallow cheekbones, but venom is missing Doom's distinct chin.
    yah I just mean the cheek bones but still there is still something related to Doom. If it is Doom I'm not sure how to react. Why would he even care about Miles. Maybe the 42 Spiders but not Miles. So I'm going with an absorbed dead Doom.

BANNED

Well it's clealy not True Venom.

EDIT - Unless it's bonded to Doom..
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 11-02-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Well it's clealy not True Venom.

EDIT - Unless it's bonded to Doom..
    If this was True Venom they better have a good explanation why he changed so much.
    Or this could means there are currently two Venom's.

Bendis said it's not Eddie.

Really great issue. Ultimate Jameson has become such a great character.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Best issue since Miles became Spidey! I love how Jonah has been since Ultimatum, and he hasn't reverted since Peter died; he actually cares about what Spidey stories he writes in his paper. Sad to see Betty die after so long :(

This Venom looks skinnier than the original. It's either a hostless monster like the original Carnage or someone other than Brock. Either way I'm convinced its the suit from SHIELD. Maybe Ned Leeds is the new Venom
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar

I absolutely like Ultimate Jameson versus 616 Jameson. It always seemed ridiculous that 616 Jameson, after all evidence to the contrary, still sees Spider-Man as a menace. He's as ridiculous as the MU public constantly hating mutants. But, Jameson characterization, much like MU public hating mutants, is Marvel's status quo and it won't ever change. Ultimate books are being bold by moving away from 616 status quo and that's a good thing. Poor Betty. She got down in the dirt and paid the price. It will be interesting to find out the identity of Venom and what are his motivations.

I think deep down 616 Jameson knows that Spidey does good. He's just an eccentric guy and stubborn so he won't admit that a part of him likes and respects Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Yeah. He had a massive change of heart after he thought Peter died during the Ultimatum so I could see him trying to actively protect Miles' identity this time around.
    ....Either that or he's the new Venom and he killed Betty to shut her up.
    I'd Have to stop reading if i find that in the book yechhhhhhh

If I had to go for obvious I'd say its Marcus. He has motive and means, being a scientist that now works for the same company that cloned Peter Parker under the watch of Otto Octavius. Not to mention they contained Eddie for a short while and did experiments. If it's not Marcus I'd be very surprised.

Doom makes no sense. Sure it ties into the finale of War of the Symbiotes, but that's it. Doom, who's dead, wouldn't bond with the suit and then travel to New York to murder a reporter who's covering a story that literally has absolutely nothing to do with him (that sounds like something Loeb would write). Marcus dislikes Betty and wanted her to NOT publish a story naming him in it. The part where Venom says she's profiting from somethig that doesn't belong to her might not have anything to do with Spider-Man's identity but rather about he, Marcus, and his involvement with the spider, which he seemed pretty adamant about when they met earlier.

Jefferson is unlikely, since he hates mutants and anything like them, also he doesn't know who Betty is or that she was going to publish a story about him. Also, it's not believable to have Venom be Spider-Man's father and Prowlers' brother. That comes off as bad fan fiction.

While I HOPE it's the Peter clone, and while the new Venoms appearance resembles that of the Scorpion Suit, I don't see a connection to Betty or Miles. The goat legs look similar to Scorpion and Doom, both of which have ties to Venom, but I have a feeling Bendis told Marquez to add those simply to mess with fans and generate discussions. And it's working.
    Last edited by Balfro; 11-03-2012 at 02:14 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    If I had to go for obvious I'd say its Marcus. He has motive and means, being a scientist that now works for the same company that cloned Peter Parker under the watch of Otto Octavius. Not to mention they contained Eddie for a short while and did experiments. If it's not Marcus I'd be very surprised.
    Was it not the CIA who cloned Peter rather than Roxxon?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Was it not the CIA who cloned Peter rather than Roxxon?
    The CIA could have hired Roxxon to do the scientific work. Nonetheless, I don't remember Roxxon being mentioned in that arc, Doc Ock was revealed working for them in the Doomsday trilogy, not the Clone Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    The goat legs look similar to Scorpion and Doom, both of which have ties to Venom, but I have a feeling Bendis told Marquez to add those simply to mess with fans and generate discussions. And it's working.
    The goat legs aren't foreign to the Ultimate Symbiotes though, Gwen!Carnage had them too.
    Last edited by Don Yoyo; 11-03-2012 at 04:55 AM.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yoyo View Post
    The CIA could have hired Roxxon to do the scientific work. Nonetheless, I don't remember Roxxon being mentioned in that arc, Doc Ock was revealed working for them in the Doomsday trilogy, not the Clone Saga.

The goat legs aren't foreign to the Ultimate Symbiotes though, Gwen!Carnage had them too.
    Hmm you are right it does I never actually noticed that. I found a picture of Ultimate Carnage from Ultimate Marval Alliance game it's similar really similar.

Elder Member

...what if it's Namor?