View Poll Results: BOP or batwoman?

Voters
60. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • BOP

20 33.33%
  • Batwoman

40 66.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I have absolutely zero problems with you talking about comics here and asking for feedback. You can ask for as much feedback as you want. The problem is that the majority of your threads are basically just asking about what books you should buy, or comparing two books and asking which one is better, and ALL of those could be condensed into a "help me decide what books to buy" thread. People have already told you to do this so I'm not sure why you don't.
    Because my ideas are always ignored and people always suggest stuff which I just don't want, like bat titles or superman stuff. Everytimenit always 'these titles suck' it's my taste, yet they also suggest other stuff which they know I'm not keen on. I just want all these threads gone, anther thing is I know If I made this thread people would bitch.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Because my ideas are always ignored and people always suggest stuff which I just don't want, like bat titles or superman stuff. Everytimenit always 'these titles suck' it's my taste, yet they also suggest other stuff which they know I'm not keen on. I just want all these threads gone, anther thing is I know If I made this thread people would bitch.
    Birds of Prey is fine, I think its a really good book. Personally I would rate Batwoman even better though, and a large of part of that is because I think Kate Kane is such an awesome character.

Definitely keep picking up BoP, and if you can't make room for Batwoman as well then I can suggest that you consider picking up the Batwoman: Elegy trade at some point. It's basically the introduction and origin to the modern Batwoman and it's an amazing book.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    And could one imagine the fantastic synergy between Batgirl and BOP if Gail were writing both? As it stands now it feels like two separate Batgirl's existing on the same Earth Prime. Maybe the one on BOP is from an Earth-3 or something and just hasn't noticed, lol.
    Based on Simone's most recent work with Birds of Prey (the second volume that launched with the Brightest Day event), I don't want her back on the title. Because it was bad. A new writer was definitely needed and Duane Swierczynskwi definitely has the chops, but it's been pretty obvious that editorial has been messing with his stories. He's pretty much said that he was suddenly ordered to use Batgirl in the book, so he's probably doing his best. I mean we already know editorial is messing with a fair amount of other titles.

TBH, I think Simone should take over Suicide Squad and attempt to recapture the Secret Six vibe. Or even just straight up bring Secret Six back. That was by far her best work in recent times, and much much better than her current work on Batgirl.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    You're asking for quality titles, and we tell you. It would be more helpful if you could bump your old threads instead of making new ones all the time as well. I don't, and I'm pretty sure nobody else does either, have a problem with recommending you things. But it's the constantly-seeing new threads almost every day from you about which book to buy that gets old. Also, blaming people who recommend something that "isn't your taste" for compelling you to make a new thread isn't a quick way to get good help. Sometimes you have to branch out of your tastes. Quality writing and art is quality writing and art. Try something new, explore your boundaries and expand your horizons.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    Based on Simone's most recent work with Birds of Prey (the second volume that launched with the Brightest Day event), I don't want her back on the title. Because it was bad. A new writer was definitely needed and Duane Swierczynskwi definitely has the chops, but it's been pretty obvious that editorial has been messing with his stories. He's pretty much said that he was suddenly ordered to use Batgirl in the book, so he's probably doing his best. I mean we already know editorial is messing with a fair amount of other titles.

TBH, I think Simone should take over Suicide Squad and attempt to recapture the Secret Six vibe. Or even just straight up bring Secret Six back. That was by far her best work in recent times, and much much better than her current work on Batgirl.
    Oh Simone on Suicide Squad, thats a really good idea.

Ya Duane has it hard, for some reason the editorial staff keep messing with his work, which sucks, cause if they did not it would be a way better comic (its still really good!).

It makes me worried about whats going to happen with Ivy in Detective Comics, are they going to ignore the stuff he did with her like, Spoilers:(the being a real good person on the inside, are they going to make her hate every human, when her friendship with the Birds was real, and are they going to forget the stuff about her dying)

Or are they going to mess with her so he has to change his future plans with her (cause he said he was not done with her yet).

Anyways, back on topic. Glad you picked BoP, its a great book. It has its moments of meh, but most of the time its really good. (Also prepare to fall in love with Starling, that Duane for making her!)
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Birds of prey is just another superhero group book.

Batwoman is a visually innovative book that is pushing the genre, doing things that has never been done in comics. It's also a much denser read. I feel like you'd get more out of your money with this choice.

Birds of prey you can read an issue in 5 or 10 minutes. Batwoman has more words, and more going on in general, you'll end up spending 20+ minutes on your first read, then go back to admire the art some more.

I do agree with batman9 and a lot of the other poster though, most of the books you want to read aren't as good as, say batman, or daredevil, or hawkeye. You're on a budget, we know this, that's why we try and recommend the REALLY GOOD BOOKS like batman when you ask for our opinions on other books.

I'm not into batman though. My budget is now better, I can pick one more title. Possibly a big one as you all want but I refuse to make a new thread unless someone will do it for me because I know what some people are like. Ill admit maybe I should have made just one thread but I didn't, and I know if I make another now plenty of dummy's will be spat out.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

DebkoX there are two threads you can post future questions of this sort into: the general sticky thread or this one.

At the end of the day these threads really come down to "I like Book X" and "I like Book Y" - how helpful is that to you really? The best way to see what a series is like is to try it yourself, you'll know whether its something you want to buy again or not.

Although you have already sort of made a decision, in my opinion its worth keeping in mind just how fantastic Batwoman looks in hardback trade. The big, wonderful hardback art is so good I have been trade waiting just to collect them like that. If you find yourself strapped for cash and want both, I would buy BoP monthly and wait for Batwoman.
    An unashamed Bloodstone, Captain Britain, Hawkman, Zatanna and Bat-villain fanboy.

Agent of W.A.N.D, Magic-ops division.

People, the only thing affecting my budget is marvels double shipping, that's all, I ca still get Batwoman if I wanted ;S

Birds of Prey. I picked up the trade the other day. Read it in one sitting. Really good story and I enjoyed the interaction between the Birds. Have also added it to my pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by Statham View Post
    You mean like, two issues in one month? Never. I don't think I've ever seen DC put out a book twice in one month unless it's been delayed or it's a weekly book like 52.
    Back in the early 1990's, during the Knightfall arc, they did.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Quite frankly, I've dropped both of those titles.
    son, i am dissapoint.
    So was I, with both books. That's why I dropped them.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Back in the early 1990's, during the Knightfall arc, they did.
    Well, I did give myself that get-out clause of 'I don't think I've ever seen'. I wasn't reading comics properly at that point. But again, when it comes to modern comics? DC don't double-ship, by and large, unless again, it's been a weekly book or something like that. Certainly not like Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    You can't be that oblivious??!! I see this kind of stuff all the time on these boards, readers wanting new writers and/or artists because they can't stand the current one. It's pretty standard.

Also, he is not the only one with frustration about the book. It is underperforming in sales and I and many other posters have criticized the writing. I stuck it out a full year before dropping it. But when I was following it on the boards, there was plenty of criticism of it.

It also doesn't help that a former BOP writer, who was very successful with the book, is out there seemingly with room for another book on her schedule. So if Simone took over the book, I would be ecstatic. This is comics. New writers get assigned and dumped all the time.
    I'd hate to see Simone take the book back over. Not only was her last run just full-out bland and uninspired, her current run on Batgirl has been mediocre at best. As much as I like Molenar, I think I'd love to see Nguyen on the book.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches