View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: X-Men #18

Voters
49. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

38 77.55%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

7 14.29%
  • Meh. Could've been better, but I didn't hate it.

4 8.16%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    Lol you and that 5ents dude need to hang out.....didn't know I would be reading this conversation in an X-men board...but this is the ultimate universe
    Uh.. was that a dig at me? Are you actually trying to insult me on a forum? I don't know who 5ents is but if you have a problem with my posts, I suggest you PM me. This entire conversation is stupid, frankly, and it's derailing the thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Uh.. was that a dig at me? Are you actually trying to insult me on a forum? I don't know who 5ents is but if you have a problem with my posts, I suggest you PM me. This entire conversation is stupid, frankly, and it's derailing the thread.
    Why is suggesting that you and 5cents hang out an insult?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    Why is suggesting that you and 5cents hang out an insult?
    I don't even know who he is!

You don't clearly didn't like what I had posted. And then you said I would probably get along quite well with 5ents. So I assume you have a problem with his posts too?

Whatever. I'm not going to carry on with this. PM me and tell me properly what I've done wrong. But you won't be getting another reply from me on this thread. If we speak again in the future, I hope for us to be on better terms with each other.

Elder Member

I find this whole thing hilarious. Kitty wins and then Cap tells her she still lost.

Don't get your feeling hurt guys. This is just a discussion about how we can see the similarities between the ultimate x-men world and our world esp at the moment with all the political stuff going on in both. Yes the ultimate world is fiction but people did write it. Your world/surroundings can affect your art.

@SayOcean I was trying to get a discussion going but I think maybe this is a subject too close to your heart so I will leave it

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I find this whole thing hilarious. Kitty wins and then Cap tells her she still lost.
    Been in office for 5 minutes and he's already going for another term.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

I hope the majority of the mutants don't take the cure but knowing the cure is around does lead to paranoia. Are they putting it in our food, our water etc. Do you guys think Kitty and co will soon want the cure destroyed?

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I hope the majority of the mutants don't take the cure but knowing the cure is around does lead to paranoia. Are they putting it in our food, our water etc. Do you guys think Kitty and co will soon want the cure destroyed?
    Personally it's not going to matter if a mutant takes the cure or not. In the 616 after M-Day happened the mutants who lost all there powers were still discriminated. If they take the cure I bet they would still be discriminated as former mutants and probably as well from Mutants. Like in X-Men 3 the movie. Actually the only other element that would make this all interesting would be the introduction of REAL MUTANTS. People who have a real X-Gene and not the fake X-Gene. It would make for an interesting plot line on who is better fake mutants or real mutants.

Elder Member

No more mutants, please.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Personally it's not going to matter if a mutant takes the cure or not. In the 616 after M-Day happened the mutants who lost all there powers were still discriminated. If they take the cure I bet they would still be discriminated as former mutants and probably as well from Mutants. Like in X-Men 3 the movie. Actually the only other element that would make this all interesting would be the introduction of REAL MUTANTS. People who have a real X-Gene and not the fake X-Gene. It would make for an interesting plot line on who is better fake mutants or real mutants.
    Wouldn't Wolverine actually be the only "fake" mutant since everybody since him was born with the gene? Well most of the living ones anyways I suppose Magneto and Professor X could be "fake" too.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Wouldn't Wolverine actually be the only "fake" mutant since everybody since him was born with the gene? Well most of the living ones anyways I suppose Magneto and Professor X could be "fake" too.
    I don't think it ever said people were born with the mutant gene in the Ultimate Universe. It was said that the gene was activated during Puberty and we still don't know how the mutant gene spread. Don't you think that amount of mutants and the corresponding mating ratio makes any sense? I know Hope in the 616 was born a mutant and that's what I am talking about here. Mutants who are born mutants not because the gene was changed because of puberty.

Yeah, we still have no idea what happened with the mutant gene. The concept of a man made mutant is cool in itself, but Bendis did nothing to explain it in Ultimate Origins, and no one has fixed that yet.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

BANNED

I'm guessing the only real mutant in the UU then would be Apocalypse.

And perhaps the Atlantans and the Inhumans too.

And with the People of Tian added to the mix, I'd rather not have another race, personally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Yeah, we still have no idea what happened with the mutant gene. The concept of a man made mutant is cool in itself, but Bendis did nothing to explain it in Ultimate Origins, and no one has fixed that yet.
    That's the mystery behind Apocalypse and what he plans to do.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I'm guessing the only real mutant in the UU then would be Apocalypse.

And perhaps the Atlantans and the Inhumans too.

And with the People of Tian added to the mix, I'd rather not have another race, personally.
    Wait was it ever stated that Apocalypse was a mutant? I thought he was some sort of techno-organic virus that latched on to people.

I would love to see a miniseries that shows some backstory about Namor and the inhumans maybe they had a war once that would be cool.

The People are not mutants either they are metahumans.

I actually think that there isn't any actually mutants in the Ultimate Universe.

The Atlantans were a different race.
    The Inhumans were probably the same as modern mutants in the Ultimate Universe but they are not real mutants.
    The modern mutants are not actually mutants.
    The people have just taken a serum that probably rewrites there DNA.

A real mutant would have there gene changed naturally not through man-made means.