View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: X-Men #18

Voters
49. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

38 77.55%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

7 14.29%
  • Meh. Could've been better, but I didn't hate it.

4 8.16%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    You're reading my comments wrong. I'm not saying there's a cure for being gay I'm just using it as an example (since it's a hot topic right now). There's a group called spoilers:
    "Pray the Gay Away" I don't want to even say their name
    end of spoilers. That already tells you that there are people already working on curing the gay symptom. One of the spokesmen for the program has said it works and he has been cured or at least suppressed his urges. So it's not so far fetched that someone will come out with a so called cure esp if they can make a profit from it.

In the ultimate comic world there will be mutants who will take the cure even if the others are oppose to it.
    Yes, since that'll work for getting rid of the gays. Did you know that Hurricane Sandy is because of the gays?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Yes, since that'll work for getting rid of the gays. Did you know that Hurricane Sandy is because of the gays?
    I knew it would involve a preacher somehow (which makes you wonder what "judge not that ye be not judged" really means). They always try to capitalize on tragedy hoping to draw attention to their cause. After Westboro and their BS I think we need to not give these people any attention.

but we are getting off topic back to comics.

Well I for one can't wait for the next issue of Ultimate X-Men to come out. I can only imagine what completely off topic discussion that issue will spark. Please lets keep these threads about the comics.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Well I for one can't wait for the next issue of Ultimate X-Men to come out. I can only imagine what completely off topic discussion that issue will spark. Please lets keep these threads about the comics.
    Did you that a woman by the name of Valentina Vassilyeva holds the record of the most child births with sixty-nine children!!?

In all seriousness, not expecting homosexual conversation from X-Men is kind of absurd.

BANNED

Why, because there's one character who's gay in it?

I thought I might post this here.

Here's a link to some DWF/UWS Hardcover details. I really like how it's separated into chapters. Can't wait for February!
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Divided_We_Fall

Elder Member

You do know that since 1963 Marvel's mutants have been a metaphor for minorities, right?

Did you that a woman by the name of Valentina Vassilyeva holds the record of the most child births with sixty-nine children!!?

In all seriousness, not expecting homosexual conversation from X-Men is kind of absurd.
    It definitely has it's place in the X-Men Mythos, it definitely does not have a place in this particular issue. It is completely off topic in this thread. I'm not offended by it and I actually enjoy discussing these issues, but lately every GD thread on this board turns into some sort of socio-political argument/discussion and I'm bored/annoyed with it. I come here to talk about comics, if I want to talk about the other stuff there is the OT thread or websites devoted specifically to that type of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Why, because there's one character who's gay in it?
    Two actually, northstar is still alive I believe.

I thought I might post this here.

Here's a link to some DWF/UWS Hardcover details. I really like how it's separated into chapters. Can't wait for February!
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Divided_We_Fall
    Weird Miles and the Ultimates fighting Nimrods, I don't remember that ever happening during the entire crossover.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Elder Member

It definitely has it's place in the X-Men Mythos, it definitely does not have a place in this particular issue. It is completely off topic in this thread. I'm not offended by it and I actually enjoy discussing these issues, but lately every GD thread on this board turns into some sort of socio-political argument/discussion and I'm bored/annoyed with it. I come here to talk about comics, if I want to talk about the other stuff there is the OT thread or websites devoted specifically to that type of discussion.
    Fair enough.

BANNED

You do know that since 1963 Marvel's mutants have been a metaphor for minorities, right?
    Yes, but what's you're point?

Minority rights are incredibly contrived. Especially within an economy where the distribution of wealth is the distribution of power.

Minority Rights? No. It's about Equal Rights. Otherwise you'll end up with a group of people having more rights than other people, both legally and socially. For example: a race of people allowed to say a certain word and another race not allowed to say it. Or mothers that automatically win custody of their kids even though their the one who ruined the family. Or women in the UK being able to turn unplanned pregnancy into a career, or winning a divorce even though she's the one who cheated. Or being young enough to gain a free education. Our laws are so incredibly subjective. It's a bias point of view, minority. That's all.

EVERYONE's a frikkin minority if they want to be. Did you know, if you live in the UK, are White, work five days a week and pay taxes, you're less than 15% of the population, making you a minority. It's mad!! I don't know why you abide by these CONCEPTS so strictly. (Just one of the many inaccurate aspects of our languages, people not knowing where words come from, or whether they're factual objections or not). Perhaps it has something to do with you being a Contrarian. Perhaps that's why you love the concept of "minority" so much.

Two actually, northstar is still alive I believe.
    Is he? Thanks.

Weird Miles and the Ultimates fighting Nimrods, I don't remember that ever happening during the entire crossover.
    The event's not over yet. I think we might see some Nimrods in UCSM #17 and #18.

I hope we get some news about the ultimate world in 2013.

Elder Member

Yes, but what's you're point?

Minority rights are incredibly contrived. Especially within an economy where the distribution of wealth is the distribution of power.

Minority Rights? No. It's about Equal Rights. Otherwise you'll end up with a group of people having more rights than other people, both legally and socially. For example: a race of people allowed to say a certain word and another race not allowed to say it. Or mothers that automatically win custody of their kids even though their the one who ruined the family. Or women in the UK being able to turn unplanned pregnancy into a career, or winning a divorce even though she's the one who cheated. Or being young enough to gain a free education. Our laws are so incredibly subjective. It's a bias point of view, minority. That's all.

EVERYONE's a frikkin minority if they want to be. Did you know, if you live in the UK, are White, work five days a week and pay taxes, you're less than 15% of the population, making you a minority. It's mad!! I don't know why you abide by these CONCEPTS so strictly. (Just one of the many inaccurate aspects of our languages, people not knowing where words come from, or whether they're factual objections or not). Perhaps it has something to do with you being a Contrarian. Perhaps that's why you love the concept of "minority" so much.
    I'm not sure what any of that has to do with anything we were just talking about. We had been discussing how mutants are metaphors for minorities. Nothing about rights.

Awesome issue in both writing and art. I have not enjoyed an X-men story in any type of media as much as I have been enjoyng Wood's run so far. He is addign so much to not only the X-men but the UU as well.

Ok seriously - let's stay on topic. If you want to discuss things not related to this comic book or discussion, there are places to do so.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

BANNED

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with anything we were just talking about. We had been discussing how mutants are metaphors for minorities. Nothing about rights.
    I asked you what you're point was. As usual, you were rather vague, refusing to answer me properly. It's fine though, if you don't want to answer a question, just ignore it. I am not going to play games with you.

BANNED

I asked you what you're point was. As usual, you were rather vague, refusing to answer me properly. It's fine though, if you don't want to answer a question, just ignore it. I am not going to play games with you.
    Lol you and that 5ents dude need to hang out.....didn't know I would be reading this conversation in an X-men board...but this is the ultimate universe