View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: X-Men #18

Voters
49. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

38 77.55%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

7 14.29%
  • Meh. Could've been better, but I didn't hate it.

4 8.16%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    yeah it seemed like Storm was in another camp doing her own uprising. Would be interesting if they were all in cahoots with each other. Kitty, Storm helping fight on the other side and Jean trying to find a safer place for mutants to be while secretly keeping in touch with the x-men.
    Yeah, there were a few bits like that where I felt like I was missing pages or something. Even Kitty killing Stryker-bot just sort of ended abruptly and went to another scene.

I am really enjoying this series so far. On a personal level, I wish it wasn't soley from Kitty's perspective and I wish we'd get more development of Jimmy beyond him just being a teen version of his dad, but overall, this series is excellent. I can't wait to see what happens next.

I also wish the focus wasn't always on Kitty - it's called Ultimate X Men, not Ultimate Kitty Pryde - and I wish Rogue would stop being so emo, but on the whole this is much better than the awful rubbish the 616 U is these days. Pity they killed off so many characters in Ultimatum.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I also wish the focus wasn't always on Kitty - it's called Ultimate X Men, not Ultimate Kitty Pryde - and I wish Rogue would stop being so emo, but on the whole this is much better than the awful rubbish the 616 U is these days. Pity they killed off so many characters in Ultimatum.
    Yeah. In a way, I kinda like the idea that most of the main X-Men are dead, so we get this kind of ragtag team of fringe characters....but outside of Kitty, none of them are all that interesting to me. They killed off most of the good characters! I always found Ultimate Bobby to be one of the most annoying characters in UXM and while I think Jimmy has potential, he hasn't really been developed much beyond "mini-Wolverine" (which I admit has its own charm). I wouldn't mind seeing Havok join up at some point. And I still want Johnny Storm back.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining too much. I think this series is really well done and I look forward to it every month. I just want it to be more than "Kitty and her Kind of Amazing Friends."

Once again, simply amazing.

This is what the mainstream X-Books should be.

I have little to critique (wonky art at times), I just want to keep reading.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

I thought this was a great issue. Not the best I've read but another solid read. The art as always continues to impress, but I didn't really care for how easily the Nimrods went down. When we first met them they were nearly indestructible now they are little more than cannon fodder. Still Kitty was going to win so I guess toning them down was a neccesity.

The scene with Cap and Kitty was truly gut wrenching, you know that Cap felt terrible about the deal he offered Kitty but with the country in shambles what else could he do?

Also Jimmy looks like a bone head again, not sure how stabbing a sentinel through the head plate could be the off switch for a self destruct sequence but hey we killed the real Wolverine so lets keep trying to make Jimmy look cool.

I really hope we start to get some focus on other characters soon, maybe Jean, Derek and Liz. Or maybe some ghosts from the past.

Writing 9/10
    Story 8/10
    Art 9/10
    Overall 9/10
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

For the moment I'm okay with the focus being on Kitty trying to fight and be a leader for mutants. I think if Wolverine was around writers would have given this role to him. Kitty's getting things set up for the next phase. I'm liking the idea of small teams working together for the bigger cause though.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Only thing with the issue that was disappointing for me is just how easily Stryker got jobbed. I mean I know the point was showing how even in death, Stryker's goal lives on and trading one enemy for another but after all the buildup, he kinda came across as an anticlimax boss. Again.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

I am really hoping that when they are offered the SEAR virus every mutant turns it down. It would just be a great moment to see them stand united and not bow to the people who hate and fear them.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Caliber View Post
    I am really hoping that when they are offered the SEAR virus every mutant turns it down. It would just be a great moment to see them stand united and not bow to the people who hate and fear them.
    yeah but someone will take it. Just so they won't be persecuted and hated.

In our world I'm waiting for when they announce a cure for being gay. People will riot but there will be a few people who would take it esp if they are young and just finding out their sexuality. Maybe some parents even forcing their children to take it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    yeah but someone will take it. Just so they won't be persecuted and hated.

In our world I'm waiting for when they announce a cure for being gay. People will riot but there will be a few people who would take it esp if they are young and just finding out their sexuality. Maybe some parents even forcing their children to take it.
    You can't cure being gay dude....

You sound really ignorant

The "cure" dialogue was a punch in the gut. Well done, Mr. Wood. Wonderful issue, as always (even without Shola, I hope he becomes a regular!).

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post

I don't think he is ignorant. If corporations could make a pill for anything they would. Sexual Orientation, Race, Skin Color, Eye Color. Trust me if its to make money they would find a way. But its not a cure because whoever is taking it is denying who they are. It's up to the person taking it to decide whether it is a cure or not. I forsee in the future that medical science can change any aspect of your life whether by pill or procedures. But the question is is that pill you are taking truly permanent? Is the mutant "cure" truly a "cure" or is it just hiding that gene. And then you have to ask the question that if corporations made a pill for everything would it be truly obliterated or is it just hiding who you are really well. Actually that would make a pretty good comic. I wish I had a publisher.

You also can't cure the X-Gene... You know, since it's hypothetical. Sort of like the anti-gay pill he mentioned. Let's all chill, no need to get upset just because the word "gay" was brought into the conversation. I think it was a great metophor and really ties into the theme of what some consider a disease others consider it to be a part of who they are. I'm sure there are gay people out there that hate what they are and there are some who love every flaming minute of it.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

You're reading my comments wrong. I'm not saying there's a cure for being gay I'm just using it as an example (since it's a hot topic right now). There's a group called spoilers:
    "Pray the Gay Away" I don't want to even say their name
    end of spoilers. That already tells you that there are people already working on curing the gay symptom. One of the spokesmen for the program has said it works and he has been cured or at least suppressed his urges. So it's not so far fetched that someone will come out with a so called cure esp if they can make a profit from it.

In the ultimate comic world there will be mutants who will take the cure even if the others are oppose to it.
    Last edited by 5cents; 11-02-2012 at 11:57 AM.

BANNED

It makes me laugh how this is the third time I've heard this be mentioned and yet I haven't read anyone post about the Higgs Partical, for crying out loud. The frikkin Gay gene? I think there are much more important things we need to consider and try and sort out, but a supposedly gay gene is not one of them. How about we see how we are like one another, how our minds are ecological to each other's, and attempt to sustain a fair, equal and non-profitable society. It's much more rewarding to discover how we relate to each other, than how we are different.

Take behaviour for example. Some gay men are 'camp'. But it is not their sexual orientation that determines that. All behaviour comes from the environment. If a young boy grows up with a mother, two older sisters, and has very little male influence in his life, and they go out shopping a lot together and his mother and sisters say things like 'Oh doesn't that hat look fabulous?' and then the boy says, 'Oh, it's lovely, darling,' it's not because he may be gay, it's because he's picked up those behaviours through his upbringing. Just like strong, confident men often have strong male influences in their lives; you wouldn't believe how femininity and masculiinity is created via the information the brain recieves, the surrounding one has been brought up in, reacting with what is 'normal' to them. People behave and rationalise to with what they percieve as normality and people are indoctrinated into certain values, regardless of their accuracy.. For the brain cannot rationalise without the information it recieves, people will always accept what is normality to them.