View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: X-Men #18

Voters
49. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

38 77.55%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

7 14.29%
  • Meh. Could've been better, but I didn't hate it.

4 8.16%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Awesome issue Mr. Wood! I haven't felt so much intrigue in an X-Men run since forever. One issue I did have was that there wasn't an explanation for Storms appearance. Will we get more info about how she came into Kitty's team in 18.1?

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    Don't apologize to me, I cleared the use of Warpath with editorial - they actually brought him to me, come to think of it, when I asked for a list of available mutants I could introduce.

b
    cant wait to read this best book out at the moment thank you Mr. Wood!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    Technically Ultimate Warpath is clear, it's James Proudstar that's taken, if that makes any sense.
    And who's to say that James Proudstar hasn't ended up in a mutant camp and chosen a new, more aggressive codename to represent his anger at what has happened to mutants?

Oh, and bravo Brian. I felt sick in the pit of my stomach reading Cap's offer, and like Kitty I just wanted to get out of the room and away. Excellent work from yourself and the art team.
    Last edited by Lady_Alternate; 10-31-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Cushman View Post
    Awesome issue Mr. Wood! I haven't felt so much intrigue in an X-Men run since forever. One issue I did have was that there wasn't an explanation for Storms appearance. Will we get more info about how she came into Kitty's team in 18.1?
    Right now, what you're seeing is the general uprising from the mutant camps. Not necessarily a lineup for Kitty's team.

b

This might not have been quite as awesome as the previous few issues, but those were hard to top. I loved the focus on Kitty in this arc, and her growth has been great to watch. Despite this crossover being weak in the other two books, Wood continues to nail it in X-Men. This has been the best Ultimate book for months, and that's not changing anytime soon, it seems. Now I can't wait to get back to Tian and the rest of the X-Men, away from this crossover.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I enjoyed this issue and I knew the cover was a spoiler, but was it really hard to figure Kitty was going to survive? It will be interesting to see what follows.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Told ya electric boy was good as dead!
    Awesome issue and the ultimazations keep on coming!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    I enjoyed this issue and I knew the cover was a spoiler, but was it really hard to figure Kitty was going to survive? It will be interesting to see what follows.
    Not hard at all. Kitty's on the cover of #19 too, which was revealed before #18.

I think the cover was delayed because it wasn't finished yet. That's the only theory that makes sense.

This is what makes Ultimate Marvel Ultimate! It's Fifty Shades of Grey! Theres no white or black with it's good or evil, just different viewpoints and perspectives, if this was written by Sam Humphries we'd have Kitty Pryde with a mexican moustache getting beaten with a single panel thru Captain America bullcrap, but Brian Wood utilizes this editorial event and makes an story that is worth discussing and debating.

Mutant & Proud, Kitty! Mutant & Proud!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I'm sure Stryker isnt done and if he is it felt kinda lackluster.
    Anyway this continues to be an amazing series.
    On the Warpath thing:If Millar can say that the Cap Brit that died was a double I'm sure Mr. Wood can say there are TWO mutants called James Proudstar.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    I'm sure Stryker isnt done and if he is it felt kinda lackluster.
    Anyway this continues to be an amazing series.
    On the Warpath thing:If Millar can say that the Cap Brit that died was a double I'm sure Mr. Wood can say there are TWO mutants called James Proudstar.
    I think Stryker dying was meant to fell lackluster. Those nimrods made him out of parts that were probably from outdated sentinal modals. Also I think it had something to do with Styker living forever as an idea then as a physical form. Still I wouldn't say his physical body is over yet. Machines always have a way of resurrecting.

BANNED

I'm struggling to feel any impact from Stryker's "ideology". Stryker was nothing but a puppet of Apocalypse. When Apocalypse' plans for mutant kind are revealed, then I'll get excited. For now, Stryker's supposedly symbolic legacy holds very little weight. I think it really downplays the definition of ideology too, seeing as we know nothing about why Apocalypse is doing this, or what he plans to achieve. I'm as excited for this story as I've always been, but this whole "ideology" concept comes across as pretty weak, considering the lack of details at this moment in time. Right now, Stryker's ideology is anything but clever. It's just prejudice hate, similarly to Hitler's ideology of exterminating Jews. It's just not clever in any way... yet. I'll reserve judgment until Apocalpse' actions have a motive. I can't wait for it to all to come full circle. Man, what I would give to just get a little peek of Brian Wood's notes.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Anyone notice the bit of an air of mystery at the beginning of the issue? When Storm appeared, someone was talking to her using telepathy. Just who was talking to her considering that she didn't appear in any interactions with Kitty's group.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

yeah it seemed like Storm was in another camp doing her own uprising. Would be interesting if they were all in cahoots with each other. Kitty, Storm helping fight on the other side and Jean trying to find a safer place for mutants to be while secretly keeping in touch with the x-men.

I usually only read Ultimate Spidey but I decided to read this for some reason and loved it. Who's the artist cause it's awesome! Last UCXM issue I read was 13 I think? This issue definitely got me interested in it.