View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: X-Men #18

Voters
49. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

38 77.55%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

7 14.29%
  • Meh. Could've been better, but I didn't hate it.

4 8.16%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Ultimate Comics: X-Men 18 Review and Spoilers

spoilers:
    We find out Johnny Storm has survived but severely beaten up.
    Kitty and her army as well as Storm fight the Nimrod Sentinels.
    Kitty is gaining the upper hand.
    Armour has different Armour modes and she can fly.
    Nick Fury leaves but trusts Kitty.
    Rouge gets rid of her demons maybe? Or is it a muse?
    Kitty destroys Master Mold with incendiaries.
    Kitty meets with Captain America.
    He forces them onto a reservation and gives them a choice of taking a virus that gets rid of the mutant gene or not.
    Kitty makes an enemy of America.
    end of spoilers
    Entertaining end to an entertaining arc. I love the Storm bits and the new mutants. What's up with Rouge though. The battle with Stryker seemed to me that it really isn't over because his ideology is what is important and will never die. Cap is kind of a douche again. He gives the mutants free land but it's just to control them (weren't the Indians forced on a reservation as well?) Kitty has no choice but to except.

Good ending. I like the political atmosphere. Even when mutants seem to be gaining power and force they are just held back again by the government.
    9/10

I'm most curious on Jean right now cause #17 ending was like a "OMH!!" moment.

Convert and be assimilated into American society, or be penned into a reservation.

Oh, America.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Even after this, Ultimate Cap is still more likable than vanilla Cap.

The cure is sickening. It amazes me how many people think it's worth considering, in the comics or in real life. I trust Wood will handle things better than in 616. When did Rogue lose control of her powers? In her weapon X days she was already in control.

On Vacation

Man I love it. Even after everything Kitty has done. even freakin destroying Stryker. She doesn't win. The moral of the story was not the fight with stryker itself but with his ideology. Kitty can defeat Styker as many times as she wants but she still loses. An ideology is indestructible. His ideology of a world without mutants is getting closer and closer.

Aspiring Spider-Man StepsOntheMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Convert and be assimilated into American society, or be penned into a reservation.

Oh, America.
    Par for the course with America

I'm actually really disappointed with Ultimate Cap. Do better Mr. President.

Also I don't trust Quentin Quire, he looks like bad news

On Vacation

Ok I remember reading Ultimate Comics Hawk-eye mini series. Hawk-eye took the SEAR serum right. So the government turns it into a virus that gets rid of the mutant gene. Also in Ultimate Comics Hawk-eye it was mentioned that the SEAR government made an airborne virus that stopped the mutant gene from manifesting essentially making mutants extinct overtime. So mutants and humans can't give birth to new mutants and coupled with the new virus that gets rid of the mutant gene the mutant population will be destroyed over time. unless people take the SEAR SERUM. Seems to be a plot of Xorn's. Interesting is he really a good guy or not. At least Wood is taking an interest in Hickman's ideas unlike Humphries.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Ok I remember reading Ultimate Comics Hawk-eye mini series. Hawk-eye took the SEAR serum right. So the government turns it into a virus that gets rid of the mutant gene. Also in Ultimate Comics Hawk-eye it was mentioned that the SEAR government made an airborne virus that stopped the mutant gene from manifesting essentially making mutants extinct overtime. So mutants and humans can't give birth to new mutants and coupled with the new virus that gets rid of the mutant gene the mutant population will be destroyed over time. unless people take the SEAR SERUM. Seems to be a plot of Xorn's. Interesting is he really a good guy or not. At least Wood is taking an interest in Hickman's ideas unlike Humphries.
    I remember wood saying that most of the current story ideas came from Humphries.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post

Which is why Ult. X-Men is the best Ult. book out right now. Love the fact that even when Kitty wins, she loses. The politcal angle, and the fact that this book does a better President Cap than friggin Ultimates. Hopefully Humphries will step up his game, because Ult. Spiderman is kicking ass, and Ult. X-Men is in its own class right now.

Sorry, B. Wood, but Ultimate James Proudstar is Ultimate Shaman, and is part of Ultimate Alpha Flight.

Issue #94 is where he's introduced.
    Last edited by SpeedofLife; 10-31-2012 at 10:20 AM.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    Sorry, B. Wood, but Ultimate James Proudstar is Ultimate Shaman, and is part of Ultimate Alpha Flight.
    Well how do you know they didn't disband? and he went with a new name.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post

Issue #94 is where he's introduced.

Don't apologize to me, I cleared the use of Warpath with editorial - they actually brought him to me, come to think of it, when I asked for a list of available mutants I could introduce.

b

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    Don't apologize to me, I cleared the use of Warpath with editorial - they actually brought him to me, come to think of it, when I asked for a list of available mutants I could introduce.

b
    Technically Ultimate Warpath is clear, it's James Proudstar that's taken, if that makes any sense.

;) I'm really liking where you are taking things Brian. Can't wait to see what you have plan for Jean and Tian.