Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I would pretend that everything after Morrison's run didn't happen and go from there.

The whole Beast Boy thing makes it all convoluted. I would substitute Beast Boy for Dorothy Spinner. Her unofficial name can be "Beast Girl".

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    The whole Beast Boy thing makes it all convoluted. I would substitute Beast Boy for Dorothy Spinner. Her unofficial name can be "Beast Girl".
    Well Beast Boy is the most well known member of the Doom Patrol so the book would have a better chance of selling with him on the team.

my lineup would be Robotman, Negativeman, Elasti Girl, Beast Boy, The Chief, and Crazy Jane. ive always loved the dysfunctional family vibe the Doom Patrol had in the Silver Age. they were like a more screwed up version of the Fantastic Four. Giffen's DP book really touched on this theme. a bunch of emotionally damaged people with the Chief as their abusive father figure. though i loved Grant's run i dont think The Chief should be that down right evil.
    i think the lineup should consist primarily of the core/classic members. the lovable freaks and losers who just cant seem to find a place in the world (or our world either apparently).

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    my lineup would be Robotman, Negativeman, Elasti Girl, Beast Boy, The Chief, and Crazy Jane. ive always loved the dysfunctional family vibe the Doom Patrol had in the Silver Age. they were like a more screwed up version of the Fantastic Four. Giffen's DP book really touched on this theme. a bunch of emotionally damaged people with the Chief as their abusive father figure. though i loved Grant's run i dont think The Chief should be that down right evil.
    i think the lineup should consist primarily of the core/classic members. the lovable freaks and losers who just cant seem to find a place in the world (or our world either apparently).

I always seen DP as a support group with Niles being the casewoker helping them cope with their powers and strange predicament while trying to integrate them into normal society.

Continuing with my reboot of Doom Patrol. We've already met Cliff, Rita, Larry, Valentina and Josh now some of the others. Keep in mind these members aren't guaranteed to stick around for the long haul and are just "clients" of Dr. Caulder.

The sixth member is a self made millionaire and adventurer who joined the conflict in Afghanistan for kicks. While over there he finds a relic called The Helmet of Power which is an instrument according to legend used to communicate with the "Gods". When Dayton stumbles upon it, he sees it glowing like a star in the sky. He 's compelled to put it on his head and the relic boost his mental stimuli to superhuman levels. Unfortunately, Dayton is unable to remove the Helmet of Power from his head. He seeks Dr, Caulder in helping him remove it and finding out why the helmet has bonded to him.

The seventh member is Rhea Jones. Rhea Jones is a high school student with a "magnetic" personality. One day she gets caught in an accident with a generator that gives her ferrokinesis. Unfortunately Rhea's newfound ability has more power over. She finds herself unable to go anywhere without metal objects following her. Some of these metals have bonded to her face and all over skin and as a result, she becomes a living and breathing armor unable to get the metal off without it bonding back to her skin.

The eighth case is Dorothy Spinner. A normal farm girl, Dorothy lives in a small town in the Midwest and was of average appearance. One day Spinner gets sick and has a strange reaction to over the counter medicine. The side effect gives her an appearance of a hominid while maintaining her human qualities. At school she's shunned and called "Beast Girl" and "Monkey Lady". She discovers that she has the ability to move at great speed and agility and above average strength make thought images appear out of her head that she struggles to control.

Next post we get a new origin of the Chief, his fascination with freaks and his connection to General Immortus.

Do what you've always done; get what you've always got.

I like Doom Patrol and it's members but we can't expect what hasn't worked in the past to excell today. Comic series come and go so quickly in the new 52!

We must have the original members (otherwise it's not the Doom Patro) and others.

Possible Roster:

Chief
    Robotman
    Elasti Girl
    Negative Man

Also:

Mento
    Beast Boy
    Negative Woman (?)
    Celsius (?)
    Malcom Duncan (?)
    Karen Beecher (?)

What's their purpose? What niche do they fill? How are they different from the Teen Titans and Justice Leagues (including Dark)?

There are some good ideas on this thread but are they enough to maintain a series?

If I relaunched DP, it would be similar to JL Dark. They would all be cursed in some way and they join together to oppose the sources of their afflictions.

The way I would revamp the Doom Patrol would be not to bother with trying to emulate what has came before. I'm not Arnie Drake and I'm not Grant Morrison. My idea for the DP involves the concept of them and super technology. Imagine disposable super soldiers based on the Meteor Man from the original DP title. Mento helmets for zero g construction. Nano computers made by shrinking down into microscopic worlds (Like the one Rita was trapped in by the Brain) and converting the entire planet into a computer.

Technology is just as weird as the Patrol, and I'd like to play around with that. I doubt most fans would want that, though.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

I still think Giffen had one of the great runs of the book. He was able to infuse all the previous aspects of team without it going total off the rails. He had just enough of the Morrison type crazy but without it going to far I thought. Arcudi also had a great run I thought. Byrnes was horrible though.

The problem with Doom Patrol is the same one you get with some series that had such an iconic run on lesser titles in that some fans just will not accept anything different after that run. Sort of like when ever they do a New Gods series you always hear "Thats not the way Kirby would have done it" you get the "Its garbage compared to Morrisons run" whenever they try a new take on the Doom Patrol now.