Thread: Amalgam Comics

Default Amalgam Comics

Why is their no space for Amalgam Comics? As a fusion of DC and Marvle it is not part of neither Independent Comics, Marvel Comics or DC Comics...

Classic forum?

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelbat View Post
    Why is their no space for Amalgam Comics?
    It hasn't been active for fifteen years.

Classic Comics is probably your best bet, but I don't think anyone would mind if you posted about the Amalgam books in the Marvel or DC forums.
    Expletive Deleted

BANNED

Are any of these worth checking out? I've seen stuff online, it always looked kind of dumb. A lot of the fusion characters feel so clumsy and half-assed.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Are any of these worth checking out? I've seen stuff online, it always looked kind of dumb. A lot of the fusion characters feel so clumsy and half-assed.
    SOme of them were pretty fun.The Spider-boy issues were great, esp the team up with the Galactic Guardians of 2099 and meeting Mig-el Gand (spiderman 2099/mon-el mashup)

Dr STrangefate, Iron Lantern, Magneto and the metal men, and JLX were fun. Assassins had some cool character mashups (riddler and kingpin was inspired)
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Dark Claw was great... But I think Batman and Ironman where fated to be fused together, not Batman and Wolverine... Nor Ironman and Green Lantern.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    They're a novelty, more than anything else, but they can be fun. The better installments are the ones that play with particular styles more than just generically merging the characters. Keith Giffen and JRJr doing Kibry riffs with Thor and the New Gods, Ty Templeton bringing his animated Batman style to Dark Claw, or Roger Stern and Ladronn paying tribute to Giffen's Legion of Superheroes in Spider-Boy Team-Up.
    Expletive Deleted

Damned refreshing iPad page made me lose what I'd typed but JLX was great, IMO.

There was also a book, maybe JLX Unleashed, from the second wave, that featured Jose Luis Garcia Lopez art. So, yeah. Irresistible for this particular brand of geek.

Man, you're gonna have me digging up my issues or trades or something.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.