Default Help finding an anime

I would greatly appreciate any help at all in finding an anime. I have only seen it once, but I would like to see it again.

In the anime, a high school boy and girl get married, and she gets pregnant. She dies during childbirth, and the boy, to sad to take care of the baby, gives it to his parents to raise. 4 years pass and he finally starts getting to know his daughter.

Also, during each episode, either at the beginning or ending, there is a story told about an empty world. The only occupant is a girl, and she makes a robot to be her friend. With winter coming on, the girl gets sick, and the robot is left to carry on by itself.

That is all I remember of the anime, but any help at all with what it's title is would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you're looking for Clannad. (Specifically, Clannad: After Story, the second part.)

Also, now I'm kinda glad I never finished that one, because it sounds like a major downer. oO
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

It's not Clannad. I've watched that recently. And that wasn't it.

Edit: I apologize. When I did a google search on Clannad: After Story, it only showed the episodes for Clannad. But a little more searching, and watching the first episode, it was the anime I was looking for. So once again, I apologize for dismissing your post.
    Last edited by Zeishiki; 11-01-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Clannad After Story.