Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Ghosts #1

Check out this all-new anthology from some of the biggest talents in the industry! Stories spotlight a space heist on a ghost ship, a spirit who wants to play synthesizer in a techno band, a ghost-for-hire haunting agency and others dark, twisted tales.
    With stories and art by some of comics' greatest talents, this special features a cover by Dave Johnson, and a variant cover by Brendan McCarthy!

Full preview here.

It's good to see such anthology comic book!!! I hope that the new Vertigo in 2013 will do a monthly comic book anthology title, like DH with its DHP... I can dream...
    2000 AD of course!!!
    All Hail The Mighty Tharg

One of the best comics I read all week. I would like to point out one story from the anthology in particular: "The Boy and the Old Man." It is the very last drawn and written work by Joe Kubert, who passed away this past August. Beautifully written, there's something triumphant about this story. It is un-inked; just pencilled and all written. It's moving to think about this being his last work, this legendary man's final contribution to his 70+ year career.

Overall, when you get an anthology where more than half of the shorts are better than 'just okay,' you've done solid by me. This is one of those anthologies. Definitely looking forward to the next issue!

^ ^ ^

But *is* there going to be a next issue? I was under the impression this was a one-shot...

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

My lord! Paul Pope's art is magnificent!
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

I really liked Geoff Johns/Lemire story