View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

7 8.05%
  • others

4 4.60%
Page 5 of 144 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

if they make this a live action Sequel and with han leia and luke, but they pick younger actors
    i go with

Timothy Olyphant (Justified) IS Han Solo
    Olivia Wilde or Jennifer Lawrence as Princess Leia
    and....... as Luke.... Jermey Renner.................... Matt Damon.......................... casey Affleck............ SHUT UP im trying to think of good actors that look somewhat like mark hamill

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer
    So many questions....wonder what this means for the comic license? Back to Marvel???
    Only if Disney thinks it is a better deal to have Marvel publish over Dark Horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato
    Has SW and Marvel ever crossovered?
    No. Lucas was adamant about the comics sticking to the films. The only thing that ever happened was that Marvel characters made reference to the OT as films. See Amazing Spider-Man #251.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    Only if Disney thinks it is a better deal to have Marvel publish over Dark Horse.
    Well, from a purely business perspective it is certainly a better deal for Disney, in that it would give them full control/oversight over the product and not require them to share the profits. The question is whether they think Marvel can produce a product line as good/successful as Dark Horse has. ANd, really, I can't imagine that they wouldn't think that (which is a completely different issue than whether it's actually true).

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Interesting news from a business perspective, but as someone who doesn't really have much invested in Star Wars beyond the first 3 films I'll reserve judgement on what this means for the franchise until they actually start making them. If they look/sound good I'll give 'em a tumble. If not, I'll keep my money in my pocket. As lousy a job as Lucas did with the prequels, I can't say I think that handing them off to someone else necessarily improves the odds of better results. It's still a crapshoot, just lik Hollywood always is, creatively.
    On the same boat. If I see theres any sign of improvement on the franchise then I'll give it the time of day but if not I'll take my business elsewhere. Until then I'm looking at this with a cautiously optimistic mindset.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I'm curious where they'll go with Episode 7 and beyond. I'm sure they'll do a trilogy, because why wouldn't you? But I don't know enough about the EU, especially in the post-RotJ time period to know what might come next.

It would certainly be odd if they were to recast Luke, Leia, and Han though. I'm sure there's plenty of other major characters that come along, but I could see them trying to stick with what everyone already knows.
    Well honestly, the Star Wars Expanded Universe is quite vast and so there is much that they can do post Return of the Jedi. I've been reading a lot of the new Star Wars comics from Dark Horse and they've got some very compelling stories set after the events of ROTJ. Plus, I remember reading back in 2005 that George Lucas had finished re-editing the scripts for Episodes VIII, VIIII and IX in the days after the release of Episode III Return of the Jedi. Plus there is the ever popular Thrawn Trilogy that might actually play a role that will no doubt be at the heart of these new Star Wars movies.

Anyway, I think that Lucas couldn't have picked a better studio than Walt Disney to carry the Star Wars torch forward. They've already done well with Marvel and things like Prince of Persia and John Carter and I can't wait to see what Disney does with Star Wars.

@SephirothDZX, A Star Wars world in Kingdom Hearts would be the bee's knees!

It's only a state of mind Motormouse's Avatar

As long as John Williams and The London Symphony Orchestra are on board for any future movies, I believe they'll always feel right. Still, to say I was shocked would be an understatement of epic proportions!
    "When it comes, i won't notice, i'll be too busy lookin good" - Williams

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    Albert Einstein

"I don't believe in God, but i'm very interested in her"
    Arthur C. Clarke

"Being you is not a gratifying experience at the atomic level"
    Bill Bryson

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I suddenly have this image of Mickey Mouse with a lightsaber
    i was at disney world last year and there was a ton of star wars mickey stuff, i got a few pins myself.

http://www.google.com/search?q=star+...w=1536&bih=757
    Marvel: ASM, Deadpool, Thor, Iron Man, etc
    DC: Batman and related, Green Lantern, The Flash, etc
    Omnibus wishlist: Classic Deadpool, Pak Hulk, Spider-Man 2099

Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    As long as John Williams and The London Symphony Orchestra are on board for any future movies, I believe they'll always feel right. Still, to say I was shocked would be an understatement of epic proportions!
    After having seen the leaked Man of Steel trailer from this past summer's Comic Con I wouldn't complain about Hans Zimmer composing music for this Neo Star Wars Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    if they make this a live action Sequel and with han leia and luke, but they pick younger actors
    i go with

Timothy Olyphant (Justified) IS Han Solo
    Olivia Wilde or Jennifer Lawrence as Princess Leia
    and....... as Luke.... Jermey Renner.................... Matt Damon.......................... casey Affleck............ SHUT UP im trying to think of good actors that look somewhat like mark hamill
    Recasting everyone will kill my interest in this.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

Thinking about it, isn't this the first time since the 80s that a studio has had a big in-house effects department?
    Last edited by Simbob4000; 10-30-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Trying to wonder how this will affect the numerous novels and the Dark Horse comics, especially given Disney and Marvel's relationship lately. But then a Star Wars/Marvel crossover comic would mean two of my favourite fandoms ever meeting - throw in Doctor Who and I'd be squeeing for a whole year.

Anyway, interested to see how these films go, I'm veering for cautious optimism at the moment.

EDIT: If they just try to remake the originals, that will be stupid. I'm opting for something akin to the 'Legacy of the Skywalkers'.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I'm going to hope and pray that this doesn't totally destroy Star Wars for me. Right now, to be honest, I'm more worried about the short term ramifications. How does this effect Dark Horse's Star Wars line of comics, for example.
    My concern as well: What does this mean for the comics and the animated Clone Wars series.

Default Who should direct the next Star Wars?

I doubt it'll be Lucas, but I'm throwing out a few names out there to see what people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Thing about it, isn't this the first time since the 80s that a studio has had a big in-house effects department?
    .....Pixar.
    Cyclops ad portas