View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

7 8.05%
  • others

4 4.60%
Page 4 of 144 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Has SW and Marvel ever crossovered? Would be interesting if perhaps SW and the Marvel Movieverse crossovered. Maybe Star Wars meets Gardians of The Galaxy
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

BANNED

Also, everyone knows it was Rick MCcullum who was largely responsible for the prequels (and special editions).

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    am i the only Optimistic F####r here that hopes they might do something smart and adapt the Timothy Zahn Thrawn Trilogy of SW Novels
    Oh my sweet zombie jeebus ... If they do Thrawn, I can die happy. "But ... it was so artistically done". Best death line ever.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Colour me curious. Episode 7 doesn't necessarily mean a direct sequel, so I'm interested to see what direction they take with it. There's a lot of opportunity here; it's a blank slate for Star Wars. I mean that could be huge.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I'd say Nathon Fillon as Han Solo but some might confuse him as Mal Reynolds from Firefly.
    If he puts on any more weight, he should be more worried about someone confusing him with Nathan Lane.

Interesting news from a business perspective, but as someone who doesn't really have much invested in Star Wars beyond the first 3 films I'll reserve judgement on what this means for the franchise until they actually start making them. If they look/sound good I'll give 'em a tumble. If not, I'll keep my money in my pocket. As lousy a job as Lucas did with the prequels, I can't say I think that handing them off to someone else necessarily improves the odds of better results. It's still a crapshoot, just lik Hollywood always is, creatively.

New movies aside you know what I hope out of this? That Disney re-released the Original Trilogy DVD/Blue Ray. UNEDITED!
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    So many questions....wonder what this means for the comic license? Back to Marvel???
    probably not until the license Dark Horse have expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    No, but I suddenly got this image in my head of Mickey Mouse trying use candy to get me to jump into his car. Messed up.

I'm going to hope and pray that this doesn't totally destroy Star Wars for me. Right now, to be honest, I'm more worried about the short term ramifications. How does this effect Dark Horse's Star Wars line of comics, for example.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Has SW and Marvel ever crossovered? Would be interesting if perhaps SW and the Marvel Movieverse crossovered. Maybe Star Wars meets Gardians of The Galaxy
    Lucas generally kept the STAR WARS universe disconnected from other fictional properties. The only exception I can think of offhand is when the droids visited SESAME STREET during the early 1980s.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    The comic book industry/medium is paradoxically the most fragile and most resilient thing in the world. Its noisiest critics insist every day that every cough, sputter, or dirty look threatens to destroy it, but it has survived every prediction of its demise for nearly eight decades.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Here was my train of thought:

1. I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st.
    2. Woohoo Marvel Star Wars is back!
    3. Does this mean we'll get a Star Wars world in Kingdom Hearts 3?
    4. Checked the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st.
    5. Woah wait EPISODE VII!!
    6. Checked the calendar again to make sure it wasn't April 1st.
    7. EPISODE VII!!!
    8. God I hope it doesn't suck.
    9. O...M...G... Are they rebooting?
    10. Checked the calendar one last time to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

All in about 15 seconds.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    If he puts on any more weight, he should be more worried about someone confusing him with Nathan Lane.

Interesting news from a business perspective, but as someone who doesn't really have much invested in Star Wars beyond the first 3 films I'll reserve judgement on what this means for the franchise until they actually start making them. If they look/sound good I'll give 'em a tumble. If not, I'll keep my money in my pocket. As lousy a job as Lucas did with the prequels, I can't say I think that handing them off to someone else necessarily improves the odds of better results. It's still a crapshoot, just lik Hollywood always is, creatively.
    handing them off was what made the original trilogy good.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Actually it's more complicated than just Disney owning a specific character for them to be Disney Princesses.

That was a joke, but really there are a lot of rights issues that will be involved even if Disney does "Own" the Star Wars franchise now.
    I for one, am ready for a full Start Wars theme park in Orlando. The Star Tours ride at Hollywood Studios is the best ride at any of the parks, IMO. I've been known to do it 15 times in a row.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    So many questions....wonder what this means for the comic license? Back to Marvel???
    When Dark Horses's current contract expires, I would certainly assume so; Disney seems to like to keep all their toys under one umbrella. Still, DH has apparently done a solid job with the franchise over the years so it's possible the Mouse may decide to let them roll with it and keep cashing the checks, rather than mess with what's working (although I personally find that prospect remote).

Offacailly? No. I think iot was in orginal contract that the SW stays out of the MU. ( marvel at the time would tie their licended properties into the MU so that any charectors they created for the comics would be thiers. IE US1, red Ronin (godzilla) and Machine man ( 2001 a space oddesy) There are those that belicve Cable is a rip off of a charecter that appered in Marvels SW
    Cyclops ad portas