View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

7 8.05%
  • others

4 4.60%
Page 142 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144 LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2152

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I think peopel are over estimated how many copies the not altered versions would sell.
    I would agree here, even the re-releases from the 90s are what most people now are familiar with and there really isn't that much added and a lot of the effects shots are cleaned up
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    For f·cks sake. This conversation has been going on for days now. Can't you just agree that you both interpreted the same shot of a movie in a very different way and agree to disagree on that? It really has been going on circles for a couple dozen posts now.
    Simbob and Matt will NEVER let anything like this go. The only thing you can do is walk away and hope their fire burns out.

Ooo... can we please have 5 pages of debate about whether or not the unaltered versions will sell? Further derailing this train-wreck of a hijacked thread?

PleeeEEEeEEeeeeEeeeezzzzzzzZZZZzzzzeeeeee....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Ooo... can we please have 5 pages of debate about whether or not the unaltered versions will sell? Further derailing this train-wreck of a hijacked thread?

PleeeEEEeEEeeeeEeeeezzzzzzzZZZZzzzzeeeeee....
    Nah, i want to derail the thread by saying that Lucas announced he is going to get married now which seems strange and makes me think that he sold off SW cause the chick didnt want to sign a prenup saying she wasnt going to get any Star Wars money. GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Nah, i want to derail the thread by saying that Lucas announced he is going to get married now which seems strange and makes me think that he sold off SW cause the chick didnt want to sign a prenup saying she wasnt going to get any Star Wars money. GO!
    That.... kind of makes sense actually.

Plus, if I was a rich man I'd be signing a prenup no matter what.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Lucas has said the original prints don't exist, but he's also contradicted himself a few times regarding the original prints of the movies. (Plus seriously, who in their right mind would destroy the original prints of a movie that big?)
    George Lucas, that's who. If he wanted the prints destroyed in the 90's, then that was his call to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000
    They're both meant to be funny. Or I could say...what, the Super Battle Droid hitting R2 was meant to be funny? No, that wasn't meant to be funny. You see, the Battle Droid was anger because R2 had zapped him, and he was just reacting to being shocked; if he didn't kick R2, people would be sitting there thinking: Why isn't that Battle Droid doing anything, shouldn't he hit R2 or something? When they were slipping in oil, that wasn't meant to be funny. Oil is slippery, and sliding around is a natural reaction.
    That was meant to be funny and the reaction is also fitting that all droids have reactions like humans in the films. That's different from the DLC-13 reacting to someone landing on it and overriding its programming, which isn't meant to be funny.

That GNK droid doesn't have an obvious face, the DLC-13 ones do...and it's for a reason. It does not matter why the eyes appear large, they're large, and it's not like they didn't know what they would look like in the lava environment.
    I'm talking about what the audience sees, which are two eyes which are a detail to a droid with facial features. The glow is common with droids and darkened places.

It's about humor, this is a movie, they chose to have the robot react, they could have just as easily not have shown it react and no one would have thought twice about it.
    Having a reaction is not the same as being humorous.

That's just stupid, you mean to tell me that the reason (you think) the make believe droid was chosen over some type of other thing is because it's faster? Really, is that a real thing you think? The reason that droid is there is so Lucas could do the little bit with the robot being surprised by someone standing on it, the reason it looks the way it does, with it's overly goofy design, is to sell the bit.
    It's not what I think. It is what the movie is. The DLC-13 moves very fast and is quite small, compared to the repulsor droid that Obi-wan is on, which is slower and big enough to stand two people. Anakin uses it to get to Obi-wan. It has a reaction because it is a sentient droid.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark
    Or five pages about you complaining about piracy ruining lives?

I wonder if we can have a female villain this time in the next trilogy. Zam Wessel from AOTC is pretty much the only one in all six movies, and she was poorly used. EU wise there's been a ton.

Reason it wasn't done before was Lucas wasn't interested in evil chicks.

We sort of got one in the Lucas-produced Ewok movie (Played by Sian Phillips who was the wicked Livia of I Claudius). Of course like Ventress she's been retconned as being a "Nightsister"

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    You know what? I dropped that whole thing. Why don't you grow up and let it go? Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    George Lucas, that's who. If he wanted the prints destroyed in the 90's, then that was his call to make.

That was meant to be funny and the reaction is also fitting that all droids have reactions like humans in the films. That's different from the DLC-13 reacting to someone landing on it and overriding its programming, which isn't meant to be funny.

I'm talking about what the audience sees, which are two eyes which are a detail to a droid with facial features. The glow is common with droids and darkened places.

Having a reaction is not the same as being humorous.

It's not what I think. It is what the movie is. The DLC-13 moves very fast and is quite small, compared to the repulsor droid that Obi-wan is on, which is slower and big enough to stand two people. Anakin uses it to get to Obi-wan. It has a reaction because it is a sentient droid.

You know something kind of interesting about the end fight of Revenge of the Sith? It creates a thematic bridge with Return of the Jedi; they're both ripping off/playing around with, whatever you want to call it, with the ending of The Vikings with Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis. The Anakin/Obi-Wan fight is a bigger version of The Vikings ending fight, and Anakin's "burial" is right out of the ending of The Vikings also. Not that it makes the fight good...but it is kind of interesting.

ABC's Paul Lee looking into live-action Star Wars series.

The project was commissioned by longtime Lucasfilm producer Rick McCallum, who enlisted writers such as Battlestar Galactica‘s Ron Moore and swore them to NDA secrecy on the plot details (more on the show’s storyline below). Fifty scripts were written. McCallum once called the scripts the most “provocative, bold and daring material that we’ve ever done.”

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    ABC's Paul Lee looking into live-action Star Wars series.

The project was commissioned by longtime Lucasfilm producer Rick McCallum, who enlisted writers such as Battlestar Galactica‘s Ron Moore and swore them to NDA secrecy on the plot details (more on the show’s storyline below). Fifty scripts were written. McCallum once called the scripts the most “provocative, bold and daring material that we’ve ever done.”
    and so did CBS at one time, and then the WB or CW...it's never going to happen

its like a tv version of vaporware
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    and so did CBS at one time, and then the WB or CW...it's never going to happen

its like a tv version of vaporware
    Well, there is a bit of a difference between them and ABC; namely that they're both owned by Disney. It sounds like the thing that never got the show off the ground before is that Lucasfilm wanted to keep all the DVD rights, and the cost of the series would just be too much for the network to not have major control over it.

Although, I could kind of care less about the series at this point; I have huge doubts about something that was put together by Rick McCallum.