View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

7 8.05%
  • others

4 4.60%
Page 131 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2152

Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    Absolutly. the way the EU works is that everyone references and builds on the stuff others did. Just like IRL historians.
    so some sort of weird fan validation?

because honestly, I would laugh hilariously if Disney officially declared just the films canon

the rage would be palpable...and also hilarious
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post

because honestly, I would laugh hilariously if Disney officially declared just the films canon

They own Marvel now, one would think someone would go
    "Listen...you guys don't want to mess with it, trust us."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    They own Marvel now, one would think someone would go
    "Listen...you guys don't want to mess with it, trust us."
    Is there anything whatsoever to keep Marvel from grabbing talent from Dark Horse and continuing on, more or less, with the comics as is?

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    It's not really a make and break situation. How many people were leaving the theaters to bitch about that and not the other things?
    I don't know. I do know that between TPM and AOTC they sold 35 million less tickets. And it still doesn't change the fact that George Walton Lucas said he needed to reduce Amidala's age in order to sell the romance angle.

Unique to the DNA of one person. That's why blood transfusions from a Jedi to a normal person does nothing.
    Again, the OT never says that the Force depends on your DNA or how many you have in your cells. And by the new rules re: midichlorians in your blood, even being the son of a Jedi wasn't a guarantee that you'd be Force sensitive. There's no way Yoda and Obi-Wan would know Luke even had midichlorians. Remember that we don't see them testing L & L in ROTS.

Because Luke was twenty three and didn't think it was possible. None of that changes nothing about his ability to do it. Just why he had trouble doing it. Nine year old Anakin would not question his ability to lift an N-1 Fighter, if he were instructed to do so. That's why Yoda says, "You must unlearn, what you have learned". You're problem is that it has to be one or the other, because you don't like the concept. The reality is that both work in tandem. Midichlorians are why the Jedi and Sith can do what they do. They have to believe in it through the training. That is a large part of the training.
    Wasn't he 18 in TESB?
    And there are problems in the concept, because the concept is flawed. In 4 movies, there is no problem/no mention of Jedis not being able to marry. Everything works fine until we're told that they can't love/get attached and then the idea of jedi family dynasties goes out the window and then you wonder why everyone was so fine with the idea that Luke was the son of Skywalker. That's where it doesn't match.

Midichlorians are why the Jedi and Sith can do after TPM. Before, it was all belief.

No, that's different. That's developing the characters. The cybernetic arm started off with Kane Starkiller, went to Montrose, then to Obi-wan and finally to Vader. The only change was Vader doesn't smash his arm at all, but Obi-wan retains the same dialogue about being too old that the others have. Han being an alien isn't much different, since the character continued to change and evolve and that green alien went on to become Greedo.
    Those are concepts that never made it into the movie, and for good reason. Midichlorians was one of such ideas that should have remained as a scribble between other ideas.

And that is true in the PT as well. None of which takes away from why it was Luke and Luke alone, instead of Luke and Han.
    Even with all the Force working for him, it took the non-believing scoundrel to give him an all clear. To show us that we need everyone when we're fighting against the most pure form of evil.

It's stuff that shows that Lucas was working with Midichlorians in mind, back in 77.
    No, it shows that it was one of hundreds of concepts -and a pretty shallow one, at that-, regarding Anakin. He even put that Anakin was a mutant? Doesn't mean he was hanging with Xavier's crowd.

The purpose is that the Jedi found new recruits by using Midichlorian tests, which we see Qui-gon do with Anakin. That was not the first time, given the conversation between Obi-wan and Qui-gon. The purpose also explains why Anakin's children are capable of defeating their father and the Emperor in ROTS and into the OT.
    Massive testing of newborns of every species in all the Core worlds? The paperwork alone would give bureaucracies conniptions. It's an organization older than anything they've known. The Jedis are ubiquitous. That should be enough to have people stand in line in order to try to join up. Maybe have masters travel the galaxy, searching for promising recruits.
    And Luke was capable of defeating Darth Vader and the Emperor because trained to be a Jedi and believed he was saving the galaxy.

You're forgetting, the Jedi and Sith aren't sensing Midichlorians, they're sensing the Force when it is active within a Jedi, which is why both children were hidden. They're not after those who have Midichlorians in general. They're after people who have Jedi training which is why they're after Luke in TESB and ROTJ. Everyone has Midichlorians, but not everyone can learn the ways of the Force without training. Sidious considers Luke a threat when he senses the disturbance in the Force, which occurs right after Luke arrives on Dagobah. Sidious even states that Luke must not become a Jedi, because he can destroy them. And when Luke chooses to be a Jedi at the end of ROTJ, Sidious decides to kill him. They're not going to test Leia, because she's not a Jedi. She has no training. Vader only takes an interest when he learns that he has a daughter from Luke.
    The children have midichlorians, but they cannot be detected unless the Force is active within a Jedi? Then why are they hidden? They don't know how to use the Force, so they can't be sending out red flags. Leia being out there, in the Senate, no less, squashes the theory.
    Now, Luke being trained first by Obi-Wan and then by Yoda, makes him a threat because he is now a bona fide Force user. He believes he can use the Force -and we see he can, albeit slowly, and that's why Vader-Sidious go after him.

Not a midichlorian in sight.
    Last edited by Guapo Méndez; 01-02-2013 at 05:13 PM.

It would? George Lucas said the exact same thing and the response from most fans was a collective shrug.

I couldn't care less what is and is not canon. I only care if the stories are good.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Is there anything whatsoever to keep Marvel from grabbing talent from Dark Horse and continuing on, more or less, with the comics as is?
    The only thing stopping that is if any of the creators have an exclusive contract with Dark Horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    The only thing stopping that is if any of the creators have an exclusive contract with Dark Horse.
    I don't think Dark Horse does exclusive contracts...
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Hey guys, I was always confused with the whole prophecy. So in The Clone Wars, The Ones kept balance to the Force by having a Light and Dark, correct? When they died, Anakin basically BECAME the new Ones except he was one being.
    Was it that Anakin had to be the mix of both Light and Dark to balance it out?

OR was it that the brother becoming Dark corrupted the galaxy and took the balance away so Anakin had to sway Light to restore order?

Wishful thinking? How so? Even without the behind the scenes knowledge that midichlorians were based on the idea of mitochondria, their descriptions, save for allowing people to communicate and manipulate the Force of course, are fairly similar and the name is a pretty unsubtle nod in and of itself. I guess maybe if you didn't know about mitochondria, but even then that's pretty easy to find out about.....
    I know about it, and while they may sound alike, linguistically mitochondria breaks down thusly: míto ( s ) thread + chóndrion small grain, the only meaning for midichlorian I can think of is...half a chlorian? Words mean things.

I hope not: I was really looking forward to a Brian Wood Star Wars.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    Hey guys, I was always confused with the whole prophecy. So in The Clone Wars, The Ones kept balance to the Force by having a Light and Dark, correct? When they died, Anakin basically BECAME the new Ones except he was one being.
    Was it that Anakin had to be the mix of both Light and Dark to balance it out?

OR was it that the brother becoming Dark corrupted the galaxy and took the balance away so Anakin had to sway Light to restore order?
    He was supposed to bring balance to the force by killing the Sith, who are apparently like some sort of cancer to the force and unbalance it. So he fullfilled the prophecy by killing the Empereror and then himself, effectively kiling the chain of generations of sith that started with Darth Bane.

The whole Ones thing was because Father wanted someone who could control both his son and daughter to replace him in his throne as he felt that he was to die soon, something that only Anakin, being conceived by the force or whatever, was able to do. He believed that was what the One prophecy was about (and who could blame him). So he manipulates events to get Anakin to Mortis and it backfired spectaculary.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

BANNED

Don't worry, people won't show up in front of Lucasfilm with signs unless they decanonise the Thrawn Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    He was supposed to bring balance to the force by killing the Sith, who are apparently like some sort of cancer to the force and unbalance it. So he fullfilled the prophecy by killing the Empereror and then himself, effectively kiling the chain of generations of sith that started with Darth Bane.

The whole Ones thing was because Father wanted someone who could control both his son and daughter to replace him in his throne as he felt that he was to die soon, something that only Anakin, being conceived by the force or whatever, was able to do. He believed that was what the One prophecy was about (and who could blame him). So he manipulates events to get Anakin to Mortis and it backfired spectaculary.
    Wow. This really helped a lot. And now come to think of it, the Sith AFTER episode 6, in the EU, weren't apart of the large chain of the Rule of Two. It always confused me. It is probably because of the fact that there Sith aren't true Sith. The TRUE Sith all died with Vader.

And oh boy did the Ones get some backfire.

And continuing the EU possible wipe discussion. I don't think anyone would care if they said the books and comics aren't canon. Just as long as there is no complete contradictions, like Han or Luke dying in 22 ABY, I'm sure everyone will be happy.

Now come to think of it, maybe having the YV War and the Second Galactic Civil War act as the Clone Wars, in a sense where we hear about it and it's left a mystery besides the fact that *SPOILERS* 2 of the Solos die. *END SPOILERS* It's like the Clone Wars TV show. You got some books if you want the details, but most people won't read it.

The new trilogy could take place in some time like 46 ABY. That way, we could have Luke in an Obi Wan/Jin position. Have him training Ben or Jaina and have either (Or both!) take over the role as "the new Luke" after he dies (I mean, the Qui-Gon to Obi-Wan to now Luke line have bad luck when it comes to having padawans.)

But with the rumor of Darth Vader coming back, maybe do a different version of Dark Empire except starring a clone of Darth Vader. I never liked the way the Dark Empire Saga was played out. a different, but with a few similarities, could make the story original while still giving a nice nod to the EU. Not that I really WANT Vader back. His story ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    What I always found very odd is that apparently 'balance' to George Lucas means wiping out one side completely.

I much prefer the idea put forward in a comic that Anakin brought balance by evening out the numbers between Jedi and Sith.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

When DE was a Marvel project, the clone actually was going to be Vader.

Dark Empire IMO has some good spots, such as Leia starting to embrace her Jedi heritage (Although the books would make this development much slower); the introduction of Nar Shadda (Which would appear in later novels, comics and video games), and I've always thought Cam Kennedy's art style stood out from a lot of the other Star Wars comics. Plus the Dave Dorman covers were great. However I thought Boba Fett wasn't well characterized (He seemed more like comic relief, especially in DE II) and bringing him and Palpatine back was a bit too much...

....and then of course there's Empire's End, a sort of rushed-looking conclusion that pretty much wiped everything in time for the Jedi Academy novels.

BANNED

You forgot to mention the ''wheelchair'' jedi.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34979722072248.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	106679