View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

7 8.05%
  • others

4 4.60%
Page 118 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2152

But then, as you suggested earlier, so is air, water, and food. So air, water, and food are also the very reason the Force exists in the first place.
    Yes. Of course.

The amusing concept is that the Force uses the midi-stuff as a mean of communication even if it seems that it's not their main purpose. (as the force needs life the midi logically appeared before the force)

Biological high-jacking. Evolution is at work in this galaxy far far away.
    Last edited by Addams; 12-21-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    Yes. Of course.

The amusing concept is that the Force uses the midi-stuff as a mean of communication even if it seems that it's not their main purpose. (as the force needs life the midi logically appeared before the force)

Biological high-jacking. Evolution is at work in this galaxy far far away.

Well, that depends on how we're going to define life and if the Force can exist in balance with something like a proteobacteria.

Ah well, a bacteria is a living thing indeed but let's not torture ourselves.

As i said i don't think that Lucas really putted all that much thought in it. (and i don't say that as a blame)

I guess he found the concept useful for his story, simple enough for people to deal with, and he just used it.

Why do you think no thought went into it? It holds together just fine (life creates the Force and these sub-cellular organelles allow people to communicate with the Force), fits with what we already knew of the Force from 1977 on, tells us a fair bit about how bureaucratic the Jedi Order is in the Prequel era, and, perhaps most importantly, hits squarely on one of the overarching themes of the Star Wars saga: Balance and symbiosis.

It holds together just fine
    Cause it's a very simple concept who has more to do with magic than biology. And that's where is the not so deep thought process.

It's easier to make simple things hold together.

But you seem to think it's an insult. It's not. I'm not making fun of Lucas or saying that he is a moron who can come up with something clever.
    Last edited by Addams; 12-22-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Cause it's a very simple concept who has more to do with magic than biology. And that's where is the not so deep thought process.

It's easier to make simple things hold together.

But you seem to think it's an insult. It's not. I'm not making fun of Lucas or saying that he is a moron who can come up with something clever.

While I agree the idea of the Force is very straightforward, and that's why I'm so baffled as to why people can be so confused by it, a lot more thought and research went into "the Force" than people tend to give credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    While I agree the idea of the Force is very straightforward, and that's why I'm so baffled as to why people can be so confused by it, a lot more thought and research went into "the Force" than people tend to give credit for.
    I thought it was better left ambigouous...sure you can theorize about it being a hereditary thing, but that shouldn't be solely it...someone like a Kyle Katarn came from normal parents but he can use the Force
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I thought it was better left ambigouous...sure you can theorize about it being a hereditary thing, but that shouldn't be solely it...someone like a Kyle Katarn came from normal parents but he can use the Force
    And it's not just hereditary.

Not just because people without Force-sensitive parents, like Kyle Katarn and many of the other Force-users whose parents we've met, can still be Force-sensitive, but also because even with that biological component a successful Force-user still requires focus, dedication, and training.

And that doesn't preclude a spiritual component to the Force either. The mystical energy field created by all life can still be mystical even if we know why certain people can better communicate with it than others.

I wonder, did Zahn get this much flack for demystifying the Force when he gave us the clone Joruus C'baoth in Heir to the Empire?

Zahn gets a lot of flack for things, so if he did I wouldn't be surprised

and its not like the EU novels are canon anyway

That would be kinda cool if Lucas had some kind of brainstorming with Disney to finally and once and for all clearly establish what they want to keep from the EU (cause there is very good things), what's the deal with the clone wars tv show and the video games.

In short, what the f**k is considered canon, what is not? Could be important for future works.

Of course it doesn't make any of this stuff better or worst than it is but well, that's something i would like to see.

Lucas sold it. It's not his call, anymore.

That would be kinda cool if Lucas had some kind of brainstorming with Disney to finally and once and for all clearly establish what they want to keep from the EU (cause there is very good things), what's the deal with the clone wars tv show and the video games.

In short, what the f**k is considered canon, what is not? Could be important for future works.

Of course it doesn't make any of this stuff better or worst than it is but well, that's something i would like to see.
    the films and the Clone Wars tv show are considered canon

everything else is dust in the wind, though I think Disney may cherry pick somethings from the EU

They really should. It would be a waste to see more than 30 years of material going down the drain.

I wasn't sure concerning the clone wars but that's nice to read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Zahn gets a lot of flack for things, so if he did I wouldn't be surprised

and its not like the EU novels are canon anyway
    The EU is canon for all practical purposes, but it can be overwriten.

Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    The EU is canon for all practical purposes, but it can be overwriten.
    what does this even mean?

it's going to be overwritten, as Disney announced the new film will be an all original brand new story