View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

7 8.05%
  • others

4 4.60%
Page 116 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2152

Hmm, i see. I was kinda wondering what was the deal with Jude Watson and Dave Wolverton cause on the site i looked on for some informations about the books Watson is noted as writer of the rising force. But on the amazon site (was looking for the book price) it indicates that it's Wolverton.

Mystery solved.
    Last edited by Addams; 12-20-2012 at 01:42 PM.

I wonder if Marvel/Disney will stick with Dark Horse's continuity-or do it's own thing like the new movies will.

I hope it isn't like Marvel handed Star Trek, where once they got the license back(Although they had done a brief TMP inspired series in the early 80s which was pretty bad), they sort of made the series more like a typical comic book actioner than DC's Trek series. Although there were some moments of brilliance in the Early Voyages series that dealt with the adventures of Captain Pike. I think they only had the license for a few years.

Marvel's 80s Star Wars was OK though, they even used one of the villains in the novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    In ROTJ? The fact that Luke says that the Force runs strong in his family. That his father, himself and his sister all have the ability to use the Force.
    That's what indicates that the force is hereditary, I was replying to some one claiming midichlorians somehow explained that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I hope it isn't like Marvel handed Star Trek, where once they got the license back(Although they had done a brief TMP inspired series in the early 80s which was pretty bad), they sort of made the series more like a typical comic book actioner than DC's Trek series.
    I did like that they had several different titles (EV, Unlimited, DS9, Voy. and Starfleet Academy). I liked IDW Trek for the same reason (TOS, TNG, DS9, New Frontier, McCoy series between ToS and TMP, Gary 7, Klingon/Romulan/No. 1 from Pikes crew books, alternate timeline books, new movie timeline books...). Trek's a huge universe with 5 live action shows, 1 cartoon, 11 (soon to be 12) movies, tonnes of characters, planets, races, history...why not have more than 1 or 2 books?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    Amen to that.

The only star wars comic book i have ever read was a version of the Return of the jedi and it was at least 20 years ago. At least.

So yeah, i wouldn't mind to try a new one, especially one written by Hickman.
    I have nothing against Star Wars at all, im sure some of the comics have been good actually, but since i have only a passing interest, putting a guy i like writing it would be the selling point for me.
    Though i suppose they only thing they need is Star Wars in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I wonder if Marvel/Disney will stick with Dark Horse's continuity-or do it's own thing like the new movies will.
    Yeah, this again, has there been any confiramtion that Disney will simply restart the Post ROTJ Continuity? Because this thread is the only place I've seen this idea being discussed.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Well, as apparently the new movie will be all original material we can guess that they don't want to bother themselves with already existing stuff.

i'm going to give The Rising Force a try
    That's entertaining alright.

The whole jedi apprentice stuff is. It's kinda like watching a season of some pleasant tv show you know. Can't say much about the other SW books but those ones are worth the read.

I would think if the marvel published star wars comics sold at the level of the dark horse comics, they would be deemed a failure and be canceled, wouldn't they?
    So they can do whatever disney wants them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I have nothing against Star Wars at all, im sure some of the comics have been good actually, but since i have only a passing interest, putting a guy i like writing it would be the selling point for me.
    Though i suppose they only thing they need is Star Wars in the name.
    My message was poorly worded. I didn't mean that no Star Wars comics in the last 20 years were good, just that i didn't read any of them who diverse reasons, the main being simply a lack of interest.

But i wouldn't mind to try some new titles. So yeah Disney, give us some goodies you crazy mouse.
    Last edited by Addams; 12-21-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Disney needs to flex their mighty mouse muscles to give us top quality comics on their new property.
    And a Star Wars pc game that involves me flying a spaceship and wasn't made before the year 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    a Star Wars pc game that involves me flying a spaceship and wasn't made before the year 2000.
    Weird how this kind of game has fallen from grace during the last decade. That was great fun.

I still have X-Wing Alliance on my computer. (with some mods for better graphics and other things)

I have zero confidence that Marvel will be able to produce Star Wars comics remotely as good as the Drak Horse ones have been.

I do know that the cover price is about to go up by 33% though, and the page count is about to drop to 20.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

That's a given. Going to cost more for less pages, no question here.

But concerning the quality in writing, well, it's a bit unfair to say that soon that the comic books to come have no chance to be as good.

Hmm, i see. I was kinda wondering what was the deal with Jude Watson and Dave Wolverton cause on the site i looked on for some informations about the books Watson is noted as writer of the rising force. But on the amazon site (was looking for the book price) it indicates that it's Wolverton.

Mystery solved.
    Not sure the whole deal on that, but that was Wolverton's last contribution to the franchise. Anyway, the first two books give a complete story while leaving the door for more. Seeing the different writing styles can give you an idea of what to expect and you can go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII
    It depends on what LucasBooks and Disney choose to do, if they bring it back to Marvel, since Marvel continuity became part of the overall continuity. Not just that, but if the new films will leave very little room for all post ROTJ material or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper
    That's what indicates that the force is hereditary, I was replying to some one claiming midichlorians somehow explained that.
    As Lucas stated, the more Midichlorians a person has, the stronger their connection to the Force is. Han Solo did not have the sufficient count necessary to become a Force user. Anakin had the strongest connection ever which carried down to Luke and Leia and in the EU, all of their offspring.

I could see Marvel doing their own thing and maybe cherry picking stuff from the Dark Horse line that seems attractive to them
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    As Lucas stated, the more Midichlorians a person has, the stronger their connection to the Force is. Han Solo did not have the sufficient count necessary to become a Force user. Anakin had the strongest connection ever which carried down to Luke and Leia and in the EU, all of their offspring.
    Yes, but the midichlorians are just indicators, they do nothing to explain said heredity as the poster I was responding to had claimed.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...