View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

7 8.05%
  • others

4 4.60%
Page 114 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2152
    The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Mat001, Guapo Mendez... Get a room you two. Just shake hands and agree to disagree and let those of us who now prefer to discuss the new movies get on with that without having to wade through page after page after page of you two "point-counterpoint"ing each other ad infinitum.
    Heh, that's how the other thread went.

I give props to Mat001, but I've read a lot of interviews where Lucas admitted he goofed off, padded the story and ran out of time for the prequels and the OT had a lot of collaboration. Hell, a 2010 interview with Jon Stewars has him answer a question with "I didn't think of that."

Lucas thought about very cool concepts, but ultimately had no idea how many things would fit in the long run. The differences are there and yes, you can overlook them and still enjoy the story.

But if he had kept it as tight as it could have been kept, it would have been the perfect saga.

Which is why I'm hopeful about the new movies. Keep it tight, gentlemen, and you got it made.

I like that guapo put all his points in 2 sentences right before stopping the never ending arguement, that's dedication right there.

It's rumored we'll be getting a director announcement on the film next month, and work on the film starts in the Spring as confirmed by Kathleen Kennedy. Hope there's some cool concepts. Concept art is one of my favorite aspects of the Star Wars production process, it's kind of cool to see what 'could have been'. Plus a lot of unused concept works often make their way either into later films (Cloud City, the winged whales of Kamino, etc. are based on earlier concepts for previous films) or the EU (Best example is Ventress, who started out as a Sith concept for AOTC). Sometimes they even make their way to the toy and sculpture lines (Such as the Ralph Mcquarrie figures a few years back).

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Just to spark a different discussion, how did Boba Fett give off the impression of being such a badass?

His most significant accomplishment in the films is kissing Vader's ass so he'll hand him the prisoner he couldn't catch himself.

Unless you count getting eaten by the Sarlacc Pit...

I guess it's just because he looked cool and mysterious, which gives off the impression that he'd had much better days before he got on a Jedi's bad side.
    Old Boba Fett had a gruff sounding voice and didn't seem like he took shit from anyone...even Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's rumored we'll be getting a director announcement on the film next month, and work on the film starts in the Spring as confirmed by Kathleen Kennedy.
    I'm kinda impatient to know more about the story. New chapter of the Skywalker family? New stuff?

That's actually one of best moment of the whole process, after actually watching the movie of course. All is speculations, rumors, that's good fun.

But once the actors names and the first real stuff about the story will be known, oh man, then the crazy fun is going to start.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    We've know about the genetic component of Force ability since we were told that Luke would be strong in the Force because it runs in his family. Midichlorians are simply a name for that genetic component of Force ability.
    What in the movie indicates they have anything to do with heredity?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Makes me wonder, is the possibility of the jedi order having a secret breeding program to produce the best force users ever been used in the EU ?

Or the Siths maybe, kind of thing someone with the moral integrity of a drunk chimp would definitely do.

Bene Gesserit style.
    Last edited by Addams; 12-20-2012 at 12:01 AM.

There are a few things like that, mostly involving cloning (Although different than the Kamino process). And of course ROTS implied that the Sith had a hand in Anakin's creation.

As for the story, it's supposed to be an original story, and not based on any EU. Rumors are that Luke, Leia and Han will return in some capacity (But I'm guessing some new characters will probably star), but casting probably won't get started until next Summer or Fall.

Also very curious about the spinoff films they're planning as well. They'll probably introduce a Boba Fett-esque character who might get his or her own movie.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-19-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    The same thing that indicates that it has nothing to do with heredity. Nothing. Midichlorians simply exist. There is no explanation either way of where they come from, how they get into a host, what happens to them when the host dies, etc... And do Midichlorians reproduce? Can a force wielders powers grow by the Midichlorians increasing in their body?

And more interestingly, [self censored...] no, not gonna go there. I'm gonna write that myself.

Speaking of spinoff, how cool would be a Obi-wan in training and Qui-Gon tv show? One new little adventure per episode, maybe with stuff from the EU (there is books about that i think no?) or the clone wars (with Satine maybe) in it.

New actors cause i'm not sure that the original guys would be that hot for a tv show but come on, it's not catastrophic.

Ah well, one can dream, one can dream...

As for the story, it's supposed to be an original story, and not based on any EU
    I'm kinda grateful for that. I have nothing against the EU but there is so much elements, so much stuff. A fresh start sounds like the best option to me.

Concerning the original cast, well, Luke Skywalker was my hero when i was a kid. Loved the dude. Really hope they haven't some weird shit in store for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    ...They'll probably introduce a Boba Fett-esque character...
    Why do that. They could just as easily have Boba Fett still around (if they don't time jump too far) or have Boba Fett having gone back to the clone masters and having another cloned son created before he met his fate on Tatooine. Assuming of course that he did in fact die. The Sarlac was described as having a very slow digestive process. And Boba Fett had armor. Who's to say that the explosion at the edge of the Sarlac pit didn't weaken the Sarlac allowing Boba Fett to escape and skulk away to tend to his wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    In ROTJ? The fact that Luke says that the Force runs strong in his family. That his father, himself and his sister all have the ability to use the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Addams
    Makes me wonder, is the possibility of the jedi order having a secret breeding program to produce the best force users ever been used in the EU ?
    Nope, mainly because that's not the Jedi way. As noted earlier, when the Jedi Council changed the Code to forbid attachments and creating families intentionally, they sought out potential Jedi from outside of the Order. But they never emphasized that only the best stock were required. They trained based on those who had a connection to the Force. Even those who could never reach the levels of Yoda, or Anakin. Some were only strong enough to become healers. And even those who were strong, if they were not chosen by a Knight or a Master to continue the training at a certain point, would be sent to the AgCorps and become farmers. Obi-wan himself almost became a farmer, despite his strength in the Force.

Or the Siths maybe, kind of thing someone with the moral integrity of a drunk chimp would definitely do.
    The Sith generally sought out those with strong potential to become one of them. Plagueis is the only one on record to really go to the great lengths to cheat death and create life.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark
    The same thing that indicates that it has nothing to do with heredity. Nothing. Midichlorians simply exist. There is no explanation either way of where they come from, how they get into a host, what happens to them when the host dies, etc... And do Midichlorians reproduce? Can a force wielders powers grow by the Midichlorians increasing in their body?
    What is known is that they exist in all lifeforms. Midichlorians are similar to Mitochondria which is in all our DNA. Hence when Qui-gon says life cannot exist without Midichlorians, it is true in the same way we cannot exist without Mitochondria. Upon death, just like everything else in a person's body, it dies as well. Reproduction? Well, that's the question regarding Anakin. Whether they acted on their own in Shmi, or they were manipulated into existence, the fact is that Anakin was different from everyone else in the films. No, they cannot increase the Midichlorian count, otherwise, Vader would not have been as weak as he was compared to when he was whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Addams
    Speaking of spinoff, how cool would be a Obi-wan in training and Qui-Gon tv show? One new little adventure per episode, maybe with stuff from the EU (there is books about that i think no?) or the clone wars (with Satine maybe) in it.
    "Jedi Apprentice" which ran for eighteen books and four Special Edition books which were combinations of both "Jedi Apprentice" and "Jedi Quest" stories. Then there was a couple of comic stories and then "Cloak Of Deception" which isn't a JA book per say, but it does reflect those stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Old Boba Fett had a gruff sounding voice and didn't seem like he took shit from anyone...even Vader.
    That and Vader pointed him out about no disinigrations. Darth Vader tells a guy to ease off, you know he is a bad ass.
    Cyclops ad portas

I don't think the word "midichlorians" will ever show up in the new movies.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Robb View Post
    I don't think the word "midichlorians" will ever show up in the new movies.
    Let's hope so. The whole idea should never be mentioned again.

Ok, i guess Lucas needed a gizmo who made the whole magical creation of Anakin by a Sith lord possible. An all mighty in da force kid, just made by the force itself.

I find it silly but ok, let's move on. Now it's done. No need to bring that up ever again. Please.