View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

7 8.05%
  • others

4 4.60%
Page 93 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2152

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    in your opinion....the 1313 game is set on Coruscant

and if the new films hit big, I'm pretty sure a game will come out eventually that meets all of your criteria
    Are you drunk or something? I have no idea what you're saying. It's my opinion 1313 is set on Coruscant? Is the Coruscant thing related to the "there is more than one Star Wars game" thing from before?

If you meant it's my opinion that a Star Wars game that's just a action/adventure third-person shooter without Lightsabers is pointless...well, yeah. It feels pointless because it seems to forget what makes the Star Wars setting cool for video games, and because the past first/third person shooters (the Jedi Knight games) also let you have Lightsabers and force powers.

do you know this one?

what does 1313 mean?

I do remember the above game, IIRC it was an arcade game, had a controller similar to the Spy Hunter arcade game

and my point was a Star Wars game (not related to spacecraft fights) does not need Jedi to be interesting or to be a quality game

Corsucant has numbered levels, and 1313 is the level an upcoming game is set on
    Support your local roller derby league

I do remember the above game, IIRC it was an arcade game, had a controller similar to the Spy Hunter arcade game

and my point was a Star Wars game (not related to spacecraft fights) does not need Jedi to be interesting or to be a quality game

Corsucant has numbered levels, and 1313 is the level an upcoming game is set on
    absolutly true. star wars can be so much more than jedis and endless lightsaber battles. i actually enjoyed df2 more before i achieved jedi powers. force unleashed failed to capture the spirit

still confused about 1313. is it about a upcoming game? link plz

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockbones View Post
    absolutly true. star wars can be so much more than jedis and endless lightsaber battles. i actually enjoyed df2 more before i achieved jedi powers. force unleashed failed to capture the spirit

still confused about 1313. is it about a upcoming game? link plz
    http://www.lucasarts.com/games/1313/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockbones View Post
    how old are you, 14? gamecube?
    nothing beats dark forces II jedi knight. check it out if haven´t alrdy. most time i spent on a mission editor? x-wing: allliance
    merge these two games and u have a topseller
    I would kill ten jawas for a new version of X-wing Alliance.

That site is terrible. I had to go to Wikipedia to get any information on the game.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    The Jedi were so much more interesting before they were retconned into being a monastic order...
    The prequels really messed up the cool aspects of Jedihood.

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo Méndez View Post
    The prequels really messed up the cool aspects of Jedihood.
    not too sure about that...the original trilogy really doesn't flesh out what the Jedi order was because there really weren't any left

not too sure about that...the original trilogy really doesn't flesh out what the Jedi order was because there really weren't any left
    Your father's light saber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.
    For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times. Before the Empire.
    The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.
    A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force.

Lucas hinted a great and powerful order that were betrayed by one of their own and hunted into extinction.
    Lucas showed us an order of blind idiots who couldn't Force their way out of a wet paper bag and were betrayed by the guy they never trusted nor wanted to join them in the first place.

The jedi outcast games had a thousand more interesting points than the entire prequels.

yes hinted...in the nostalgic ramblings of an old man

and as far as the films go, the games (and whatever content they may have lent) don't count

sorry

yes hinted...in the nostalgic ramblings of an old man

and as far as the films go, the games (and whatever content they may have lent) don't count

sorry
    Here's the problem with "the nostalgic rantings of an old man". If he was such a peddler of bullshit, Luke would have never made it out of Tatooine with him. He's painted as a honorable man, the last of the great Jedis and it turns out he's just an old huckster?

Sorry.

And I'm saying that the games had a more interesting story than what Lucas vomited on the prequels. In The Phantom Menace Lucas told 20% of the story he needed (Vader's origin, the jedi order, the emperor) and filled it with 80% of CRAP (the podrace, jar jar, the blockade, all the politic stuff). By the time ROTS (heh, rots) came out he had to jettison everything and focus on just Vader, which is what he should have done in the first place.

Here's the problem with "the nostalgic rantings of an old man". If he was such a peddler of bullshit, Luke would have never made it out of Tatooine with him. He's painted as a honorable man, the last of the great Jedis and it turns out he's just an old huckster?

Sorry.

And I'm saying that the games had a more interesting story than what Lucas vomited on the prequels. In The Phantom Menace Lucas told 20% of the story he needed (Vader's origin, the jedi order, the emperor) and filled it with 80% of CRAP (the podrace, jar jar, the blockade, all the politic stuff). By the time ROTS (heh, rots) came out he had to jettison everything and focus on just Vader, which is what he should have done in the first place.
    my point is, there's hints of what the Jedi Order was in the original trilogy and you see some of it in the prequels....now with the books and games, a lot of the fandom has this set idea of what the Jedi Order was or wasn't...and they are going to try and apply that filter to the new films and when you think about it, it is kind of unfair to the new films because they are going to be held to some bullshit standard

I really hope that the director and writers are ready to basically never be appreciated for the work they have to put in because a legion of fans are a bunch of spoiled brats

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    The Jedi were so much more interesting before they were retconned into being a monastic order...
    I wouldn't exactly call it a retcon, since we never really saw the Jedi Order in the films. We only had the EU interpretations of the Order.

Your father's light saber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.
    For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times. Before the Empire.
    The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.
    A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force.

Lucas hinted a great and powerful order that were betrayed by one of their own and hunted into extinction.
    Lucas showed us an order of blind idiots who couldn't Force their way out of a wet paper bag and were betrayed by the guy they never trusted nor wanted to join them in the first place.
    The Jedi didn't trust Anakin at first, but they did come to trust him. Hence the Council feeling confident in letting Anakin go off on his own the first time and later promoting him to Jedi Knight, giving him a Padawan and the task of keeping tabs on the Chancellor. They lost faith in him because of his actions. As to your other issue, the Jedi were beaten by their own hubris. Something that happens to the Empire twenty years later.

No, it turns out that Obi-wan told a fib because if he told Luke the truth, he would have crushed the boy's spirit. The boy wasn't emotionally mature enough to deal with the fact that his father's betrayal and descent into evil. That doesn't change that Obi-wan's honorable status, much less being one of the great Jedi. Even Vader still respected him twenty years later.

Besides, a man of honor will still tell lies. Obi-wan was thinking of Luke's welfare and emotional being, by telling him a half truth. Believing that once he was trained, he would be ready for the truth and could accept it. Note that when he's told, he refuses to believe it even when Vader tells him that he knows it is the truth. Later on, Luke is finally able to accept the truth which is what Vader comments on when they meet again.

The Keystone Knights.