View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

    7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

    3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

    0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

    3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

    4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

    22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

    13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

    0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

    0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

    4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

    14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

    0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

    6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

    7 8.05%
  • others

    4 4.60%
Page 86 of 144 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2152
  1. #1276
    Senior Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Frank Darabont I believe was considered to write TPM, oddly enough; and wrote a draft of Indiana Jones IV in which some of the ideas ended up in the finished screenplay (By David Koepp). Aliens, the Fridge, and Marion are in his draft, I believe.

  2. #1277
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Frank Darabont I believe was considered to write TPM, oddly enough; and wrote a draft of Indiana Jones IV in which some of the ideas ended up in the finished screenplay (By David Koepp). Aliens, the Fridge, and Marion are in his draft, I believe.
    It's not that odd, Darabont is...was a writer for hire, and he's done a lot of work for Lucas before. After his experience on Kingdom of the Crystal Skull he said he isn't doing that anymore. Aliens would likely be in every draft since that's something Lucas wanted.

  3. #1278
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Which directed Shawshank Redemption?
    None of them, but that isn't the best King movie so it doesn't matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    loved Graveyard Shift
    I've always felt that movie was undeservedly shit on; everyones fun in it, it's got a nice atmosphere, and the monster looks great. That, The Mangler, and The Night Flier are good 90s King movies that either get overlooked or crapped on. Dolores Claiborne is the best of the 90s movies, and one of the best King movies.
    Last edited by Simbob4000; 11-22-2012 at 07:06 AM.

  4. #1279
    Veteran Member Sonofspam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Savage Land
    Posts
    5,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    It always freaks me out how dispassionate he is even when talking about his favorite subject.

  5. #1280
    FRENCH Frank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Antartica
    Posts
    10,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    None of them, but that isn't the best King movie so it doesn't matter.



    I've always felt that movie was undeservedly shit on; everyones fun in it, it's got a nice atmosphere, and the monster looks great. That, The Mangler, and The Night Flier are good 90s King movies that either get overlooked or crapped on. Dolores Claiborne is the best of the 90s movies, and one of the best King movies.
    Graveyard Shift is pretty underrated. I enjoyed it for what it was, a small one environment movie with a good suspense. If I recall correctly, some fans of the short story were disappointed that it was a giant bat instead of a giant rat, I think?
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

  6. #1281
    Elder Member Mat001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. Robb View Post
    He wrote and directed Dreamcatcher. Trust me, you do not want to watch that.
    I enjoyed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi
    Yeah but we didnt see that we just got a few lines at the beginning of AOTS about all these adventures they were having fun in instead of showing it. What we got is this dude being annoyed at everything and disagreeing with everyone. He only seemed to listen to Obi because he was the teacher.
    So, friends can't argue? Funny, because that's what happens with Han and Luke. Friends can't disagree? Again, Han and Luke did that. Anakin was being arrogant and impatient, a trait his son shares with him as we saw in TESB. Anakin thought that he had what it took to take the trials and become a Jedi Knight. Luke thought that he was more than ready to begin the training in earnest. Hell, they both had a lot of anger. Something that Yoda expresses.

    YODA: "Much anger in him, like his father."

    Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000
    It's not that odd, Darabont is...was a writer for hire, and he's done a lot of work for Lucas before. After his experience on Kingdom of the Crystal Skull he said he isn't doing that anymore. Aliens would likely be in every draft since that's something Lucas wanted.
    Darabont turned down TPM, because he felt that the film didn't need his touch. That Lucas had nailed it. With KOTCS, he wasn't bothered by the aliens. His draft wasn't used because Lucas felt that there wasn't enough action in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam
    It always freaks me out how dispassionate he is even when talking about his favorite subject.
    Why does it freak you out?

  7. #1282
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    Darabont turned down TPM, because he felt that the film didn't need his touch. That Lucas had nailed it. With KOTCS, he wasn't bothered by the aliens. His draft wasn't used because Lucas felt that there wasn't enough action in it.
    I didn't say anything about why he turned it down, I just said it wasn't strange he would be offered the job because Darabont did that kind of work at that time, and had worked of Lucas before. And I never said he was bothered by the aliens.

  8. #1283
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Graveyard Shift is pretty underrated. I enjoyed it for what it was, a small one environment movie with a good suspense. If I recall correctly, some fans of the short story were disappointed that it was a giant bat instead of a giant rat, I think?
    I think some were, or at lets some people were confused by the bat looking thing. There was some kind of weird rat/bat mutant thing in the short story, and other kinds of rats. Since the movie doesn't go into any kind of detail about it, I just figured it was some kind of vampire that had control over the rats.

  9. #1284
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    None of them, but that isn't the best King movie so it doesn't matter.
    Which would you say is the best?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  10. #1285
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Which would you say is the best?
    Creepshow or The Shining. But there are more between those two and The Shawshank Redemption; The Dead Zone, Dolores Claiborne, Carrie, Misery, Christine, Stand by Me, Salem's Lot.

  11. #1286
    FRENCH Frank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Antartica
    Posts
    10,350

    Default

    Alright i'm drawing my line in the sand here and scarily affirm that I liked Dreamcatcher. The truth is out.

    And I don't know why it's so hated.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

  12. #1287
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    It always freaks me out how dispassionate he is even when talking about his favorite subject.
    Pie and bad movies?

  13. #1288
    Veteran Member Sonofspam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Savage Land
    Posts
    5,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post

    Why does it freak you out?
    I don't know it seems strange to me i mean i am a pretty mellow guy, but i get excited when i talk about things i like.


    `

  14. #1289
    BANNED Phil Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Charles, Mo
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    Consider the fact that he has been working on Star Wars off and on for 36 years. Anyone's excitement for working on something could be waning after that long. I really don't blame him for likely feeling some sense of relief. Kind of a "finally someone else can deal with this and I can just relax" kind of thing.

  15. #1290
    Veteran Member Sonofspam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Savage Land
    Posts
    5,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Consider the fact that he has been working on Star Wars off and on for 36 years. Anyone's excitement for working on something could be waning after that long. I really don't blame him for likely feeling some sense of relief. Kind of a "finally someone else can deal with this and I can just relax" kind of thing.
    Well i can understand that and there does seem to be a sense or relief in that video but there was one that played after that where he was talking about film school and technology and he seemed to be just as monotone sounding.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •