View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

7 8.05%
  • others

4 4.60%
Page 85 of 144 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2152

I wonder if we'll be getting a few big space operaish Sci-Fi movies from all the studios in the buildup to Episode VII?

While I haven't seen EVERYTHING Lawrence Kasdan has done, I would happily watch ANYTHING he has a hand in writing, and also in writing and directing.

The Bodyguard, Silverado, The Big Chill, Return of the Jedi, Body Heat, Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Empire Strikes Back are some of his more memorable scripts. And he also directed Silverado, The Big Chill and Body Heat. Based on Silverado, I would love to see him direct one of the Star Wars episodes. But he may not want to do something that big.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    I wonder if we'll be getting a few big space operaish Sci-Fi movies from all the studios in the buildup to Episode VII?
    I'm guessing at least one or two SyFy tv-movie clone as early as 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    While I haven't seen EVERYTHING Lawrence Kasdan has done, I would happily watch ANYTHING he has a hand in writing, and also in writing and directing.

The Bodyguard, Silverado, The Big Chill, Return of the Jedi, Body Heat, Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Empire Strikes Back are some of his more memorable scripts. And he also directed Silverado, The Big Chill and Body Heat. Based on Silverado, I would love to see him direct one of the Star Wars episodes. But he may not want to do something that big.
    love Silverado...one of my favorites of all time
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi
    He said a good man not a good kid.
    He was a good man and a good friend, which Obi-wan said of him in ANH and ROTJ.

At that point in the story he isn't a bad guy. He didn't randomly without a reason go out and kill a tribe of Raiders. No. His mother was attacked and killed by raiders (for no reason) and he snapped. He lost the vaunted Jedi control of his emotions and acted in anger and took revenge. ANd in his rage he went too far and wiped out the whole tribe, not just the ones who he could determine were responsible for his mothers death. That isn't a bad guy, that is a normal human reaction.
    Luke nearly lost it in ROTJ, when the future of the Alliance was threatened which is why Palpatine let the plans be leaked out, with that crucial detail omitted. He knew that it would make Luke flip out and attack him and thus kick start the duel. Vader also knew what buttons to push which is why he went after the Falcon. He knew that Luke would have an attachment to Han and Leia, which he could exploit. He remembered his own experiences on Tatooine and how his fear lead him to do what he did. And then we had Vader's discovery of Leia being his child, which caused Luke to blow a gasket and nearly kill his father.

Luke was also a bit of a jerk as well. In ANH, he didn't want to accept his responsibilities at home and had to be guilted into it. Then he acts like a prick towards Han, while Obi-wan is trying to negotiate a ride. In TESB, he really acts like a jerk when he first meets Yoda and is very arrogant in his ability to become a Jedi. He also disagrees and even argues with Yoda, even going against his advice.

If someone were to brutally rape your mother, then kill her, wouldn't you want to kill the person(s) responsible? Well, Anakin was the same way, only he had the skill and power to do something about it.

THat act was a turning point though. It took a young man on the edge and pushed him just over it. He could have come back from that, but he found the feeling of satisfaction at getting revenge too attractive. And Palpatine was able to use that to push him further and further, until he was past the point of return.
    Not just the satisfaction of wanting revenge, but of wanting to be stronger and more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers
    Not excusing the slaughter, but it wasn't just a couple people in the tribe. They had been known to have been hostile to settlers, wiped out a search party that went looking for his mom, and kept her captive on the brink of death for months...for whatever reason.
    Twenty six men were killed trying to rescue Shmi, out of thirty. Cliegg was the only one wounded. Owen and two others weren't. As to how long, it was only a month. They kept her because they wanted to torture her. Notice that they don't kill Luke in ANH, but rather drag him to his speeder. Going by what is revealed in AOTC, it is reasonable to assume that they were going to do it again.

Sure killing them all off was quite drastic, but that was kind of the point.
    Exactly. A Jedi who has learned to let go of his emotions, would have left without seeking revenge. Note that Obi-wan realized he was wanting revenge on Maul, which is why he calmed himself and focused on the Force. That's why he became a Knight and a Master. Anakin couldn't bring himself to contain his emotions because he had not trained himself to let go and thus he flipped out. Once he let the anger and hate into his heart, he couldn't just stop at two. He just kept going and let the darkness carry him until there was nothing left.

And as far as killing Dooku, he was pretty much manipulated into that by Palpatine, and in extreme cases, Jedi kill. Mace was going to kill Palpatine(using the same logic Palpatine gave for killing Dooku, "he's too dangerous") until Anakin saved him, so it's not unheard of.
    It's generally frowned upon for a Jedi to kill someone who is unarmed and helpless. That's why Anakin said that after it was done and when he saw Mace about to break the rule, he saw the hypocrisy of the Jedi Order. Which made it easier to justify his actions.

Why would someone need to fall into the camp of either a prequels hater or an apologist(and this is the first time I have heard that BTW)? Isn't it possible to have been somewhat disappointed by the prequels, while at the same time being entertained to the point where you liked them? Not necessarily loved them, but really liked them.

Or are people here to "fanboy" to sit on that particular fence?
    You should see the various "Star Wars" forums. They have actually had threads for bashers and gushers. One forum was even created and dedicated to trashing the PT and the SE's.
    Last edited by Mat001; 11-22-2012 at 11:21 AM.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Isn't it possible to have been somewhat disappointed by the prequels, while at the same time being entertained to the point where you liked them? Not necessarily loved them, but really liked them.
    Well stated and that is exactly how I felt about them.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

He wrote and directed Dreamcatcher. Trust me, you do not want to watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Robb View Post
    He wrote and directed Dreamcatcher. Trust me, you do not want to watch that.

yeah but King books suck as movies unless directed by Stanley Kubrick or Rob Reiner
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    yeah but King books suck as movies unless directed by Stanley Kubrick or Rob Reiner
    Two of Kings best movies were done by George Romero and Taylor Hackford.

Which directed Shawshank Redemption?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

loved Graveyard Shift
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    He was a good man and a good friend, which Obi-wan said of him in ANH and ROTJ.
    Yeah but we didnt see that we just got a few lines at the beginning of AOTS about all these adventures they were having fun in instead of showing it. What we got is this dude being annoyed at everything and disagreeing with everyone. He only seemed to listen to Obi because he was the teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Yeah but we didnt see that we just got a few lines at the beginning of AOTS about all these adventures they were having fun in instead of showing it. What we got is this dude being annoyed at everything and disagreeing with everyone. He only seemed to listen to Obi because he was the teacher.
    Oh, so you wanted each episode of the trilogy to be over 5 hours long? Don't get me wrong, I did too, but that's unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Which directed Shawshank Redemption?
    Frank Darabont

John Carpenter would disagree.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.