View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

7 8.05%
  • others

4 4.60%
Page 84 of 144 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2152

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    I think I could do without Simon Kinberg. It seem you've combined Simon Kinberg and Michael Arndt into one person. That story seems kind of strange since they've already said the three movies have been mapped out by Michael Arndt.
    just going by what the article is saying...nothing concrete

Michael Arndt is the set writer for the first film, but he might just be "mapping out" the rest....which could mean anything from a set path to just some guidelines
    Support your local roller derby league

Kasdan is great news, that's the guy I suggested because he gets the vibe of the best Star Wars/Indiana Jones Spielberg/Lucas type movies of the 80s. Just with the optic of making a "welcome back" type flick, he's ideal. Kinsberg they are bringing along because they want a contempory voice, I figure.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

BANNED

is this real or mostly still just a rumor at this point?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    There is a thread here specifically for the discussion of how the prequels suck.
    Actually, there's not. There is, however, a thread about Star Wars in which crybabies like you pop in and whine about how George Lucas raped your childhood and you can never possibly forgive him or get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    Actually, there's not. There is, however, a thread about Star Wars in which crybabies like you pop in and whine about how George Lucas raped your childhood and you can never possibly forgive him or get over it.
    Okay, I can understand hearing griping about the prequels all day does get annoying (because it really does). And i'm honestly trying to think of a nice way of saying it, but sweet mercy you sound like a Lucas apologist.
    Last edited by SephirothDZX; 11-21-2012 at 06:55 AM.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

is this real or mostly still just a rumor at this point?
    mostly rumor, but I personally think it's just a matter of making things official

dotting Is crossing Ts...especially the scrutiny that is going to come with taking on a project like this, as a writer, Id like to make sure Im being fairly compensated for the flaming Im going to take if it goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Okay, I can understand hearing griping about the prequels all day does get annoying (because it really does). And i'm honestly trying to think of a nice way of saying it, but sweet mercy you sound like a Lucas apologist.
    Why would someone need to fall into the camp of either a prequels hater or an apologist(and this is the first time I have heard that BTW)? Isn't it possible to have been somewhat disappointed by the prequels, while at the same time being entertained to the point where you liked them? Not necessarily loved them, but really liked them.

Or are people here to "fanboy" to sit on that particular fence?

BANNED

Prequels - not the best films, but great stories (and characters). What gets me is when people (like certain people in this thread) make claims that we never see Anakin's rise and fall, we never learn anything about him as a character, etc., etc. He killed the sandpeople for no other reason than "he was a jerk." Anakin and Obi-Wan didn't even like each other. Come on. That's just dumb.

Prequels - not the best films, but great stories (and characters). What gets me is when people (like certain people in this thread) make claims that we never see Anakin's rise and fall, we never learn anything about him as a character, etc., etc. He killed the sandpeople for no other reason than "he was a jerk." Anakin and Obi-Wan didn't even like each other. Come on. That's just dumb.
    Yeah, Cast and plot are really not the issue. The actors feel like they are directing themselves and the dialogueis wooden as hell and the comedy reliefs are worse than the ones in Slasher films. .
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

There isn't any way in hell the prequels could be quantified as great stories, and they sure didn't have great characters.. You don't see the rise and fall of Anakin, there isn't any rise at all, and he's an asshole in the movies where he's at the forefront. And I didn't say he killed them for no other reason than he's a jerk, I said in Attack of the Clones he's a jerk that killed a whole village of sand people.

last 30 minutes of Phantom Menace

last 45 minutes of Attack of the Clones

last hour of Revenge of the Sith

all you really need to watch

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Yeah, Cast and plot are really not the issue. The actors feel like they are directing themselves and the dialogueis wooden as hell and the comedy reliefs are worse than the ones in Slasher films. .
    Lucas himself said that 20% of Episode I is the story he wanted to tell. The rest is filler and it shows. My grip with the prequels boils down to exactly that: he gave us a looooot of crap and sly winks and convoluted reinterpretations. Podrace to show what a great pilot he is? Unneeded. That's what the great battle is for.

I hope that now that they are in the hands of a bigger corporation, they won't give us such crap in eps VII-IX. Focus on the essentials and tell a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    last 30 minutes of Phantom Menace

last 45 minutes of Attack of the Clones

last hour of Revenge of the Sith

all you really need to watch
    I'm trying to remember all of the last 30 minutes of Phantom Menace, all of the Gungan battle and Anakin accidentally blowing up that space ship is a wash, and there's only a tiny bit of the Darth Maul fight that looks good.

Attack of the Clones, there's some stuff in the arena that interesting.

Revenge of the Sith, some of the Emperor stuff is good...there isn't an hour of that thought. The weird Circus Olay in a huge water bubble show him and Anakin go and see looks cool. A tiny bit of Anakin & Obi-Wan's The Vikingsesque showdown isn't bad. I remember some George W. Bush stuff, that was funny.

BANNED

Would be nice to hear something official from Disney/LucasFilm, but this is definitely news I can get on board with