View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

7 8.05%
  • others

4 4.60%
Page 83 of 144 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2152
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    We did see his rise. We saw him go from being a slave to a Jedi Knight and hero of the Clone Wars, only to fall and become Darth Vader. As to the friends, we did see it in AOTC and ROTS.
    Exactly! And when he becomes Vader, he essentially becomes a slave again. Rise and fall. Full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Another reason, these directors won't have the freedom to do what they want, I presume. Especially if Disney stick to whatever little Bible Lucas had written about how to do the rest of the movies.
    you don't buy a car and let the previous owner tell you what to do with it

Im guessing if there is a way to retcon midichlorians, they'll probably do that first
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Yeah, he's a jerk, he's a bad guy.
    At that point in the story he isn't a bad guy. He didn't randomly without a reason go out and kill a tribe of Raiders. No. His mother was attacked and killed by raiders (for no reason) and he snapped. He lost the vaunted Jedi control of his emotions and acted in anger and took revenge. ANd in his rage he went too far and wiped out the whole tribe, not just the ones who he could determine were responsible for his mothers death. That isn't a bad guy, that is a normal human reaction.

If someone were to brutally rape your mother, then kill her, wouldn't you want to kill the person(s) responsible? Well, Anakin was the same way, only he had the skill and power to do something about it.

THat act was a turning point though. It took a young man on the edge and pushed him just over it. He could have come back from that, but he found the feeling of satisfaction at getting revenge too attractive. And Palpatine was able to use that to push him further and further, until he was past the point of return.

But that is the story we all saw that you seem to have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    Exactly! And when he becomes Vader, he essentially becomes a slave again. Rise and fall. Full circle.
    I would say that Anakin only ever really stops being a slave at the end of Return of the Jedi. The whole time we know him he's either a slave to Watto, to Palpatine, to the prophecy and his role as "The Chosen One," and to his own fear and anger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I would say that Anakin only ever really stops being a slave at the end of Return of the Jedi. The whole time we know him he's either a slave to Watto, to Palpatine, to the prophecy and his role as "The Chosen One," and to his own fear and anger.
    I'll buy that for a dollar! Shit, he's even mostly a slave to the Jedi!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    ANd in his rage he went too far and wiped out the whole tribe, not just the ones who he could determine were responsible for his mothers death. That isn't a bad guy, that is a normal human reaction.
    It's normal to kill off an entire tribe because a few people in the tribe killed your mom?

That's pretty fucking evil in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    It's normal to kill off an entire tribe because a few people in the tribe killed your mom?

Not excusing the slaughter, but it wasn't just a couple people in the tribe. They had been known to have been hostile to settlers, wiped out a search party that went looking for his mom, and kept her captive on the brink of death for months...for whatever reason.

Sure killing them all off was quite drastic, but that was kind of the point.

And as far as killing Dooku, he was pretty much manipulated into that by Palpatine, and in extreme cases, Jedi kill. Mace was going to kill Palpatine(using the same logic Palpatine gave for killing Dooku, "he's too dangerous") until Anakin saved him, so it's not unheard of.

The instinct to protect or get revenge, the emotion is what is normal. I stated that he went to far. Jeeze, literal much?

There is a thread here specifically for the discussion of how the prequels suck.
    The type of the discussion happening now should be moved over there so the discussion about Disney and the probability of the future movies can continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    There is a thread here specifically for the discussion of how the prequels suck.
    The type of the discussion happening now should be moved over there so the discussion about Disney and the probability of the future movies can continue.
    what this guy said

whoever the new director is better get ready to have a microscope shoved up his filmography by the fandom...or gasp, if it's a first time director!!!!

the fandom will hang itself and cry and clutch their toy lightsabers

Whoops, there I go again, taking literal statements such as "That isn't a bad guy" literally.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    He didn't say it was going to be about these two guys who were good friends doing things together, but the movies take place when we were told these guys were friends. We get them doing things together in the movies, but they seem to not like each other.
    I got the impression they liked each other fine. There's some tension, but most of that falls on the Jedi Council. Lucas also makes a point to separate Anakin from Obi-Wan at every critical juncture in his fall from grace. You get the impression that if Obi had been around to dispense some fatherly or brotherly advice, things could have gone much differently.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Whoops, there I go again, taking literal statements such as "That isn't a bad guy" literally.
    Only a Sith deals in absolutes...

Lawrence Kasden and Michael Kinberg approached for future Star Wars films?

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/star...script-disney/

Kasdan scripted two of the original Star Wars films in the 1980 The Empire Strikes Back and the 1983 follow-up Return of the Jedi. He also scripted Raiders Of The Lost Ark for Lucas and Steven Spielberg. Kinberg’s franchise work: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes and the upcoming X-Men: Days Of Future Past which Bryan Singer will direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Lawrence Kasden and Michael Kinberg approached for future Star Wars films?

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/star...script-disney/
    I think I could do without Simon Kinberg. It seem you've combined Simon Kinberg and Michael Arndt into one person. That story seems kind of strange since they've already said the three movies have been mapped out by Michael Arndt.
    Last edited by Simbob4000; 11-20-2012 at 07:57 PM.