View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

7 8.05%
  • others

4 4.60%
Page 80 of 144 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2152

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Yeah, but doing a script treatment and writing the finished screenplay are two completely different things. Now he is confirmed to be actually writing the full script. Not just a treatment as previously announced/confirmed.
    That news is from ten days ago.

I am hoping that when this new project comes together, that people try to look at it from a certain POV

and not just unleash bile because it doesn't make them fee like they did when they first saw a Star Wars movie
    Support your local roller derby league

Brad Bird isn't doing new Star Wars, 1952 isn't a Star Wars movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I am hoping that when this new project comes together, that people try to look at it from a certain POV

and not just unleash bile because it doesn't make them fee like they did when they first saw a Star Wars movie
    The last three Star Wars movies didn't get bile because they didn't make people feel like they did when they first saw Star Wars. They got bile because they were horrible, shit movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    The last three Star Wars movies didn't get bile because they didn't make people feel like they did when they first saw Star Wars. They got bile because they were horrible, shit movies.
    I am aware of that...it was just a general statement

but fans are, what they are...so even if it is a really good film, there is going to be that group of a$$holes, sitting in the back of the theater with their old ROTJ screen print tshirts, with their arms crossed saying "this sucks"

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

I am aware of that...it was just a general statement

but fans are, what they are...so even if it is a really good film, there is going to be that group of a$$holes, sitting in the back of the theater with their old ROTJ screen print tshirts, with their arms crossed saying "this sucks"
    Just as there were when Return of the Jedi was first in theatres.

That's every movie ever made.

I never really understood the hate for the Prequel Trilogy. Were they the perfect companions to 4-6? No, they were indeed flawed. But at the same time, they were (to many people) entertaining and fun. And they finally told the tale we had been waiting for.

The only thing they COMPLETELY suffered from is two fold. One, they were totally under the control of George Lucas. And two, after so long between movies and so much buildup of what the story was hoped to be in the minds of the fans, there was virtually NO WAY that he was EVER going to please the fans. Because the fans are armchair quarterbacks. And if you didn't do it their way, it was wrong. He didn't do it our way, he did it his way.

In hindsight he possibly realizes that he should have allowed others to contribute to the scripts and the directing. But it was his baby. He wanted to do it. I am certainly not going to fault him for that.

And as I said, I was entertained by the films. The were visual feasts, and I enjoyed them despite the acting, and the heavy handed storytelling, and the other minor and major flaws. And that is why a saw them, and why I own them. Because I enjoyed them.

I never really understood the hate for the Prequel Trilogy
    You have to understand what the first trilogy means and represents for a lot of people.

Then the answer will become obvious.

I never really understood the hate for the Prequel Trilogy. Were they the perfect companions to 4-6? No, they were indeed flawed. But at the same time, they were (to many people) entertaining and fun. And they finally told the tale we had been waiting for.

The only thing they COMPLETELY suffered from is two fold. One, they were totally under the control of George Lucas. And two, after so long between movies and so much buildup of what the story was hoped to be in the minds of the fans, there was virtually NO WAY that he was EVER going to please the fans. Because the fans are armchair quarterbacks. And if you didn't do it their way, it was wrong. He didn't do it our way, he did it his way.

In hindsight he possibly realizes that he should have allowed others to contribute to the scripts and the directing. But it was his baby. He wanted to do it. I am certainly not going to fault him for that.

And as I said, I was entertained by the films. The were visual feasts, and I enjoyed them despite the acting, and the heavy handed storytelling, and the other minor and major flaws. And that is why a saw them, and why I own them. Because I enjoyed them.

They didn't tell the story we had been waiting for. The prequels trilogy is a set of movies that's billed as: The rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker, and the adventures of good friends Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Only you never see those things in the movies, these are like things taking place off screen between the movies we're watching.

A visual feast isn't how the prequels should be described.

BANNED

The prequels trilogy is a set of movies that's billed as: The rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker, and the adventures of good friends Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    They are? Says who?

Seems like this statement is based on your personal expectations and assumptions.

We are running out off good directors .....
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Quote Originally Posted by Scurlogg_Hawkk View Post
    We are running out off good directors .....
    meaning? so one guy said he had other projects....that is hardly "running out"

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    They are? Says who?

Seems like this statement is based on your personal expectations and assumptions.
    George Lucas, the guy who made them, he said that's what the movies are about...at least the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker bit. The adventures of good friends Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi is a given as being part of that, you know, since the old movies talk about how they were once good friends, and the last two movies of the prequels take place in the time when they're together and meant to be friends. The prequels make it seem like they always kind of hated each other, and that Obi-Wan only trained Anakin as his dying masters last wish.

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    They are? Says who?

Well, George Lucas, at least, has suggested that the Prequels were meant to be about the fall of Anakin Skywalker. That being said, I'm not sure why anyone would argue that they weren't about the fall of Anakin Skywalker.