View Poll Results: Star Wars 7 director?

Voters
87. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Steven Spielberg (Friend of Lucas, has often come close to directing a SW)

    7 8.05%
  • George Lucas again

    3 3.45%
  • David Lynch (Almost directed ROTJ)

    0 0%
  • David Filoni (director of Clone Wars movie and series)

    3 3.45%
  • Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy)

    4 4.60%
  • Joss Whedon (Serenity, Avengers, various TV series)

    22 25.29%
  • J. J Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, various TV series)

    13 14.94%
  • Frank Darabont (Almost directed TPM)

    0 0%
  • Kathleen Kennedy (Basically is co-chair of Lucasfilm)

    0 0%
  • Gendy Tartovsky (The original Clone Wars micro series, various TV series and Hotel Transylvania)

    4 4.60%
  • Brad Bird (Incredibles, Mission Impossible IV)

    14 16.09%
  • Francis Ford Copolla (Godfather trilogy & friend of Lucas)

    0 0%
  • Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy)

    6 6.90%
  • Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrynth, Hellboy)

    7 8.05%
  • others

    4 4.60%
Page 56 of 144 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 2152
  1. #826
    Veteran Member Sonofspam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Savage Land
    Posts
    5,541

    Default

    The thing is the prequel were about how Anakin turned to Vader and Lucas can do whatever he wants and doesn't have to worry about how the movie is gonna turn out.

    Disney doesn't have that luxury really.

    I hope they bring back Mark Hamill tho really.

  2. #827
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    The thing is the prequel were about how Anakin turned to Vader and Lucas can do whatever he wants and doesn't have to worry about how the movie is gonna turn out.

    Disney doesn't have that luxury really.

    I hope they bring back Mark Hamill tho really.
    Yeah, Hamill's the one given IMO.

    I'm interested to see how he'd play an older Luke. Hamill's got a wicked sense of humor, so it'd be fun to see Luke cutting loose, enjoying the adventure.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

  3. #828
    FRENCH Frank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Antartica
    Posts
    10,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    I'm not sure if Harrison wants to come back and can't really see any of the old cast returning except for Mark.
    We'll see about that, won't we. I think I would at least try luring everybody from the original cast back(except Obi-Wan of course) for the first movie. As a "welcome back fans, we missed you, I know the prequels sucked". Get a good adventure flick together. And then if we go further, they could keep Hamill and start introducing magor new characters.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

  4. #829
    Veteran Member Sonofspam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Savage Land
    Posts
    5,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    We'll see about that, won't we. I think I would at least try luring everybody from the original cast back(except Obi-Wan of course) for the first movie. As a "welcome back fans, we missed you, I know the prequels sucked". Get a good adventure flick together. And then if we go further, they could keep Hamill and start introducing magor new characters.
    I find it hard to believe that Disney spent all this money and would bank it on a movie featuring over the hill actors who aren't exactly looking prime.

  5. #830
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,339

    Default

    Id be willing to bet my extremely small paycheck that Harrison Ford will be nowhere near this project....he's basically been in hiding since Crystal Skull
    Support your local roller derby league

  6. #831
    Veteran Member Sonofspam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Savage Land
    Posts
    5,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Id be willing to bet my extremely small paycheck that Harrison Ford will be nowhere near this project....he's basically been in hiding since Crystal Skull
    To be honest he has never been a huge Star Wars fan for whatever reason so i don't think Crystal Skull had anything to do with it.

  7. #832
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Posts
    9,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    To be honest he has never been a huge Star Wars fan for whatever reason so i don't think Crystal Skull had anything to do with it.
    He's not a big fan, OK...but does he absolutely *detest* STAR WARS so much that not even the promise of a good payday would lure him back? Even if he isn't gaga in love with STAR WARS, just what was so bad about his experience with it that no amount of money would lure him to do it...even just as a *job*?

    There's got to be an underlying story if Ford hates it *that* much.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    The comic book industry/medium is paradoxically the most fragile and most resilient thing in the world. Its noisiest critics insist every day that every cough, sputter, or dirty look threatens to destroy it, but it has survived every prediction of its demise for nearly eight decades.

  8. #833
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    He's not a big fan, OK...but does he absolutely *detest* STAR WARS so much that not even the promise of a good payday would lure him back? Even if he isn't gaga in love with STAR WARS, just what was so bad about his experience with it that no amount of money would lure him to do it...even just as a *job*?

    There's got to be an underlying story if Ford hates it *that* much.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Harrison Ford is long, long, long (we're talking decades here) past the point where he needs to take jobs he has no real interest in just for the money. If he doesn't want to do it, he ain't gonna do it.

  9. #834
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,935

    Default

    And, on a more general note, I think people are seriously overestimating how much of a draw the presence of Ford, Hammill, and Fisher in the film would actually be for the majority of the potential audience.

  10. #835
    Veteran Member Sonofspam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Savage Land
    Posts
    5,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    He's not a big fan, OK...but does he absolutely *detest* STAR WARS so much that not even the promise of a good payday would lure him back? Even if he isn't gaga in love with STAR WARS, just what was so bad about his experience with it that no amount of money would lure him to do it...even just as a *job*?

    There's got to be an underlying story if Ford hates it *that* much.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I'm not sure if he hates it...i just don't think he is interested in doing it anymore.

    I'm really not sure why honestly most actors would sell their beloved mothers for a chance to be in a iconic movie like that and i'm sure he had no qualms about cashing the check.

    Sometimes i get the feeling that some actors (paul bettany for example) are sort of ashamed of doing something that has such a mass appeal.

  11. #836
    Veteran Member Sonofspam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Savage Land
    Posts
    5,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    And, on a more general note, I think people are seriously overestimating how much of a draw the presence of Ford, Hammill, and Fisher in the film would actually be for the majority of the potential audience.
    You could be right the prequels didn't need them and they did fine(financially at least).

    But having a Star Wars movie that takes place in that period without any of those characters is gonna be a bit strange.

    It would be like having an Avengers movie without Cap or Iron Man.

  12. #837
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    I'm not sure if he hates it...i just don't think he is interested in doing it anymore.

    I'm really not sure why honestly most actors would sell their beloved mothers for a chance to be in a iconic movie like that and i'm sure he had no qualms about cashing the check.

    Sometimes i get the feeling that some actors (paul bettany for example) are sort of ashamed of doing something that has such a mass appeal.
    Some of them may be, but I seriously doubt Harrison Ford is one of them. Whatever his reasons for not wanting to revisit Star Wars, I don't think it was because he's embarrassed by how popular it was.

    And there's no reason they can't do a movie with Luke, Han, and Leia without Ford, Hammill, or Fisher. Just cast new actors. It's really not as big a deal as people want to make it out to be. The only way it would be odd is if they made a movie centered around Luke, Han, and Leia in their "later years" and cast older actors who weren't the originals. But I'm pretty confident there is much chance of them making such a movie because, quite frankly, the majority of the audience probably has no real interest in a movie about Luke, Han, and Leia in their 60s, regardless of who plays them.

  13. #838
    Veteran Member Sonofspam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Savage Land
    Posts
    5,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Some of them may be, but I seriously doubt Harrison Ford is one of them. Whatever his reasons for not wanting to revisit Star Wars, I don't think it was because he's embarrassed by how popular it was.

    And there's no reason they can't do a movie with Luke, Han, and Leia without Ford, Hammill, or Fisher. Just cast new actors. It's really not as big a deal as people want to make it out to be. The only way it would be odd is if they made a movie centered around Luke, Han, and Leia in their "later years" and cast older actors who weren't the originals. But I'm pretty confident there is much chance of them making such a movie because, quite frankly, the majority of the audience probably has no real interest in a movie about Luke, Han, and Leia in their 60s, regardless of who plays them.
    To be honest what i am expecting is they will continue right where ROTJ left off,
    But with actors who are the same age as the characters are supposed to be in that film which i'm guessing is 30 something?

    Not hard to do the question will be will the fans accept it or not?

  14. #839
    Veteran Member Sonofspam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Savage Land
    Posts
    5,541

    Default

    And the prequels did the same thing in some ways seeing a younger Obi-won and a younger Emporer and such.

  15. #840
    BANNED Phil Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Charles, Mo
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Disney spent all this money and would bank it on a movie featuring over the hill actors who aren't exactly looking prime.
    You are assuming that the story would heavily revolve around Luke and or Lea. As history loves to repeat itself, they would likely be part of a governing body of Jedi, and Luke could fulfill the Obi Wan role as the man who restored the Jedi order. But the main focus could well be on other characters, other Jedi, not just the Skywalker children. Although I expect the children would play a part in the story.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •