Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

It looks pretty red to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It looks pretty red to me.
    It's not.

Unless the bat symbol, the belt and Flash's details are red.

Excellent comic all around. It was just fun to read.
    http://blogojett.blogspot.com/

www.capelesscrusader.org

Reads: Batman & Robin, Batman, Walking Dead, Chew, Saga, Prophet, TMNT, Planetoid, Punk Rock Jesus, Revival, Judge Dredd, Bedlam

Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    It's not.

Unless the bat symbol, the belt and Flash's details are red.
    There's a difference between hair red and regular red though, right?

It looks pretty red to me as well.

For the record, I don't know what all the hoopla is about this.

They kept the purple stripe and gave her dark hair, making it a nod to both Cass and Steph, while not being either.

I would figure you Steph and Cass-mad guys would be stoked.

Enjoyed the comic. I don't really understand the hoopla over the hair color change either. It's still a little girl dressed as Steph. It's not as if the "little girl" in question was actually Steph. Someone over at BC needs to get their acts together instead of trying to fan the flames of conspiracy.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    There's a difference between hair red and regular red though, right?

It looks pretty red to me as well.

For the record, I don't know what all the hoopla is about this.

They kept the purple stripe and gave her dark hair, making it a nod to both Cass and Steph, while not being either.

I would figure you Steph and Cass-mad guys would be stoked.
    Yes. Do look at how Poison Ivy's hair to see how red hair looks in Dustin's style. The Batgirl was blonde. Why is that so hard to accept if it's so minor?

Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    Yes. Do look at how Poison Ivy's hair to see how red hair looks in Dustin's style. The Batgirl was blonde. Why is that so hard to accept if it's so minor?
    There are many shades of redhead, are there not?
    !
    I once dated a strawberry blonde and didn't realize she was redhead until she explained

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    There are many shades of redhead, are there not?
    !
    I once dated a strawberry blonde and didn't realize she was redhead until she explained
    Dustin Nguyen always colour his blondes with a certain shade of red. Like this artwork of the Robins:

Her hair is a similar shade to Carrie Kelly, but obviously she's meant to be a blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprillis View Post
    Dustin Nguyen always colour his blondes with a certain shade of red. Like this artwork of the Robins:

Her hair is a similar shade to Carrie Kelly, but obviously she's meant to be a blonde.
    I guess it doesn't matter since she's a dark haired girl now but like I said, it looked red to me.

I guess Steph could've been a strawberry blonde.
    Last edited by ispacehead; 11-02-2012 at 08:44 PM.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Since the Thanksgiving issue comes out tomorrow Dustin Nguyen provided exclusive art to The Source:

I honestly cannot get over the fact that this is a simple, quick, cutesy little comic, clearly not meant to be taken too seriously whatsoever, and some people on these forums can find a reason to complain about the HAIR COLOR of a character. I mean, really? Are some of you really so miserable in your lives that you can't let one issue of a comic that's not even in canon come out without arguing on the internet about how it's not YOUR ideal look for her?

I really honestly believe that at least half of these forums gets their new comics and immediately think to themselves, "Great! now I have something new to complain about!!!! My life sucks!!"

In an age when you can easily check out the preview, the art and reviews for a book - complaining after buying said book is the epitome of acting like a spoiled 5 year old kid. You just can't do that and be realistic at the same time. Don't buy it if you don't think you'll enjoy it - and if it's .99 cents like the book in question, don't waste time complaining about hair color just because you feel like your 'loyalty' to the character is being stretched. If the amount of hard-earned money you spend on books is your fall-back argument for loving to whine about the books you CHOOSE to buy - it might be time for a new fall-back.

This comic is too cute to be taken seriously. Just enjoy it for the quick read that it is and don't over-think it. I'm even a little bit upset that the childish complaints of the people here made me type THIS much about it lol.
    Last edited by theDarkJAww13; 11-14-2012 at 01:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkJAww13 View Post
    I honestly cannot get over the fact that this is a simple, quick, cutesy little comic, clearly not meant to be taken too seriously whatsoever, and some people on these forums can find a reason to complain about the HAIR COLOR of a character. I mean, really? Are some of you really so miserable in your lives that you can't let one issue of a comic that's not even in canon come out without arguing on the internet about how it's not YOUR ideal look for her?
    It's more of the reason behind changing the color that's disconcerting.

Okay but how? it's a non-canon comic book. What does it matter the reason - it's the artist's preference and you know this before reading. Again if you don't like it, don't buy it. And if you do buy it without liking it, don't constantly complain like a little kid.

EDIT: and no I'm not saying YOU personally complain like a little kid. Just overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    It's more of the reason behind changing the color that's disconcerting.
    Was there an actually reason ever given by someone at DC for the change though and if so could you link it, please? I'm finding it extremely hard to believe that anyone would go to such extremes over supposed hatred of a character myself and so right now I'm seeing this as being more of a situation wherein BC wanted to stir up the sh--pile a little by creating a controversy where none exists. In other words it feels more like a over-the-top bit of fan speculation to me than an actual ligit. complaint.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkJAww13 View Post
    I honestly cannot get over the fact that this is a simple, quick, cutesy little comic, clearly not meant to be taken too seriously whatsoever, and some people on these forums can find a reason to complain about the HAIR COLOR of a character. I mean, really?
    The internet is serious business!