Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Annual 2012

Raphael and Casey find themselves in the middle of a criminal caper gone awry that touches the lives of many of their friends... and enemies! Double-cross upon double-cross leads the Turtles to the heart of the NYC criminal underworld. Various factions jockey for power, but at the end of the day only one can end up on top. Will it be the Foot Clan? Expect the unexpected in this exciting, all-new Kevin Eastman-written/drawn tale!

Full article here.

Fantastic, I love the classic black and white illustrations!

Really enjoyed this. The price was ridiculous though.
    Meh!

Eh, I'm of the opinion that if the story was fun the price is largely unimportant(well within reason anyway). If the story had been bad the price would have seemed too high but that wasn't the case.

How many pages was it?
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

It was 64 pages long and pretty dense as well so it packed a real punch when it came to story. With the page length and the awesome art by Kevin Eastman I'd say that even if it went for double the cover price I'd still call it well worth the value.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, I'm of the opinion that if the story was fun the price is largely unimportant(well within reason anyway).
    Eh, so the price is unimportant then (unless it's too high)
    Meh!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Eh, so the price is unimportant then (unless it's too high)
    Unreasonably high, like 20 bucks for this book would be too high but 7.99 for 64 pages? You're getting nearly three times the amount of story for only twice the price of a normal issue, and it's by Kevin Eastman so that's really a bargain. The issue could have easily gone for 12 to 14 dollars and it would still be a fair value for the content included.

I posted this in the regular TMNT thread on 11/10 thinking there wouldn't be a thread just for the 2012 Annual.
    I just got around to reading the 2012 Annual done almost entirely by Eastman. What a great read! I know at $9 it's pricey but it's got pages to it and it's broken down into segments that showcase many of the main players introduced in the relaunch thus far and tossing in a few new characters. It feels a bit like Pulp Fiction in the way the story backs up and starts again from each characters perspective(I'm sure there's a proper storytelling term here I don't know). I really liked it and even bought an extra for a friend who no longer as an LCS within a 45min drive of his house. He mostly TPB waits now and I doubt these ends up collected anytime soon.

At $9 I got more out of it than I have 3 issues of a Marvel of DC book over the past year.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It was 64 pages long and pretty dense as well so it packed a real punch when it came to story. With the page length and the awesome art by Kevin Eastman I'd say that even if it went for double the cover price I'd still call it well worth the value.
    Thanks, that doesn't sound too bad. There's some graphic novels that length with $20 pricetags out there.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

I loved this issue. I've been reading the original Eastman/Laird run in the Ultimate Collections and this year's Annual fits right into those stories.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich eater View Post
    I loved this issue. I've been reading the original Eastman/Laird run in the Ultimate Collections and this year's Annual fits right into those stories.
    It really does go either way, because it's Eastman it feels just like the old mirage series so its a real treat but it also has some plot elements for the recent story line so it would seem like a great jumping on point for any old turtles fans who want to get into the new series.