View Poll Results: Pick THREE (Honour System)

Voters
129. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Death in the Family

14 10.85%
  • The Cult

7 5.43%
  • Killing Joke

6 4.65%
  • Knightfall

5 3.88%
  • No Man Land

4 3.10%
  • Officer Down

13 10.08%
  • Murderer/Fugitive

12 9.30%
  • Hush

16 12.40%
  • War Games/War Crimes

61 47.29%
  • One Year Later

11 8.53%
  • Grant Morrison run

12 9.30%
  • Court of Owls

10 7.75%
  • Batman: Odyssey

28 21.71%
  • All Star Batman & Robin

44 34.11%
  • Other

21 16.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by batman23 View Post
    Inc is the best Batbook out right now. I understand Batman, but I also understand what Morrison is doing with the character.
    Meh. Inc. is the second best Batbook IMO, and the second best in DC. Batman so far has been better. I mean, CoO was great, DotF has started off great, and their 0 was great. Batman Inc. 0 was pointless and a bit bad, and so far we haven't had much of an arc. It doesn't look like the next one will carry on the story either, but since it's DamianBats, I can excuse that . Although, Inc. 4 was an excellent issue, the best so far. I liked vol 1 of Inc. more than this so far, but by all means I'm enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by the Eviltoadman View Post
    But, this isn't "defend one you think is unfairly attacked", it's worst. I had forgotten how bad Last Laugh and War Crimes were, hated R.I.P., and would go so far as to say anyone who embraces INC. doesn't understand Batman in the least.
    While I certainly wouldn't say that embracing INC is equal to not understanding Batman, I too think it's a version of the character that does very little for me and really hope to see as little of it as possible in future Batman stories.

Also, to add my two cents to the actual topic of this thread, War Games stands out among those I have read as the worst of these events. Not just for the consequences it had for certain characters, but mainly for the weak plot, logical gaps and how extremely drawn out it was.
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patroklos View Post
    While I certainly wouldn't say that embracing INC is equal to not understanding Batman, I too think it's a version of the character that does very little for me and really hope to see as little of it as possible in future Batman stories.

Also, to add my two cents to the actual topic of this thread, War Games stands out among those I have read as the worst of these events. Not just for the consequences it had for certain characters, but mainly for the weak plot, logical gaps and how extremely drawn out it was.
    I actually forgot how ridiculous it was that Black Mask was able to pull off masquerading as Orpheus in front of Batman. For being in one of his batgod phases Batman really came across as overly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Meh. Inc. is the second best Batbook IMO, and the second best in DC. Batman so far has been better. I mean, CoO was great, DotF has started off great, and their 0 was great. Batman Inc. 0 was pointless and a bit bad, and so far we haven't had much of an arc. It doesn't look like the next one will carry on the story either, but since it's DamianBats, I can excuse that . Although, Inc. 4 was an excellent issue, the best so far. I liked vol 1 of Inc. more than this so far, but by all means I'm enjoying it.
    I actually like vol 2 better than vol 1 but everyone has different tastes. Idk hopefully the DotF story arc picks up in the next issue, feels like it's taking a little too long to set up in comparison to CoO or maybe it's just me
    Currently reading: Flash Vol. 2 18-61, 230-Flashpoint; Hawkeye Vol. 1; New X-men Vol. 3

Of those listed, it would have been Wargames, which has potential but never lived up to it or ALL STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN which is just ridiculously over-hyped IMHO.

Cheers.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytil View Post
    Magical cures aren't "overcoming adversity." Learning to accept the frustrating limitations that life has dealt you, and learning to move beyond them and still enjoy a fruitful and productive live DESPITE them, is "overcoming adversity." Barbara's first 20 years as Oracle was "overcoming adversity," and that's why she was a hero worth reading about.
    I absolutely agree. I know it was technically unrealistic to keep her paralysed with all of the superhero friends she has who could cure her, but that's just one of those suspensions of disbelief you have to have when you're reading stories set in a universe with super-advanced tech existing, but apparently not advancing the tech used by most of the world. What we got from it was a great character and a role model to other disabled people. It's a shame they've lost that.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

The list in the poll is pretty random.

I haven't read most of those stories because they smell from a distance, but I did read Battle for the Cowl and that was probably my worst comic experience ever. I also have to mention Broken City, because it's insane that the Azz/Risso team could do something less than a fantastic Batman comic.

I absoluetely loved Knightfall but KnightQuest/KnightsEnd were terrible follow ups.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I absoluetely loved Knightfall but KnightQuest/KnightsEnd were terrible follow ups.
    How come you didn't like KnightsEnd? I get the general hate for KnightQuest, but I always placed KnightsEnd on pretty equal footing with Knightfall.

I actually like vol 2 better than vol 1 but everyone has different tastes. Idk hopefully the DotF story arc picks up in the next issue, feels like it's taking a little too long to set up in comparison to CoO or maybe it's just me
    O.o? too long to set up? its been one issue...

Wow, there's a lot of hate of ASBAR. I personally find it to be one of the funniest comics I've ever read, and it's an Elseworld so I don't think it really counts as a storyline, anyway. I think the worst is "The Joker's Last Laugh" storyline. If you haven't read it, don't bother; it's confusing, ugly, boring garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanBrony View Post
    Wow, there's a lot of hate of ASBAR. I personally find it to be one of the funniest comics I've ever read, and it's an Elseworld so I don't think it really counts as a storyline, anyway. I think the worst is "The Joker's Last Laugh" storyline. If you haven't read it, don't bother; it's confusing, ugly, boring garbage.
    It might not be in continuity, but it's not an Elseworlds.
    Last edited by batman23; 11-06-2012 at 06:18 PM.
    Currently reading: Flash Vol. 2 18-61, 230-Flashpoint; Hawkeye Vol. 1; New X-men Vol. 3

It might not be in continuity, but it's not an Elseworlds.
    Isn't DKR an Elseworlds? It's in the same continuity as that.

Yeah Miller has said it's in the same universe as TDKR and DKSA. So essentially it's in its own universe. Personally when I think elseworlds, I think stories like Gotham by Gaslight or In Darkest Knight, which are, for lack of a better term "out there"

No. TDKR is out of continuity, but it's not Elseworlds.