Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Clayton Crain variant for Bloodshot#8
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Whats the history of XO Manowar? Its a remake of an old series? I just read the first few issues and its pretty epic,awesome action. The guy is more like Thor power level while in Iron Man type suit. I like the whole origin, the SF,historical part of the story. Shame Cary Nord left, his art was much better than the current guy.

Ironic is that i learned about Manowar only through the fact DC cancelled a classic Hellblazer and gave Vendetti Constantine DCU series. I learned Vendetti being the writer of XO Manowar some super soldier series some fan called it. DC made me look up Valiant comic heh! I will go cancel one of their comics from my pull list and add Manowar. Im sick Big two reboots,their fanboys readership dominated comics.
    Lee Garbett finishes his stint with XO#8, then Trevor Hairsine is doing the 2 part "Planet Death" prequel then Cary Nord returns for all of "Planet Death" proper, I believe Nord is under contract with VALIANT so we should be seeing more of his work for some time to come.

I am a Marvel guy who is also sick of reboots, I was a monthly buyer now I am wrapping up a few arcs then it will be strictly trade waiting for new Marvel NOW and I'm going to be a hell of a lot more discerning with what I buy. The only exception to this is the new Hawkeye series which is great, I will stay monthly for that.

As for VALIANT I am all in for whatever I can get whenever I can get it, these books rock and have renewed my excitement about collecting comics.

Welcome to the club Libaxx

Rolling My Eyes At You mr_hyde2120's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyeps View Post
    Lee Garbett finishes his stint with XO#8, then Trevor Hairsine is doing the 2 part "Planet Death" prequel then Cary Nord returns for all of "Planet Death" proper, I believe Nord is under contract with VALIANT so we should be seeing more of his work for some time to come.

I am a Marvel guy who is also sick of reboots, I was a monthly buyer now I am wrapping up a few arcs then it will be strictly trade waiting for new Marvel NOW and I'm going to be a hell of a lot more discerning with what I buy. The only exception to this is the new Hawkeye series which is great, I will stay monthly for that.

As for VALIANT I am all in for whatever I can get whenever I can get it, these books rock and have renewed my excitement about collecting comics.

I love that others are passionate about the new Valiant!

Every title Is great, my favs In order:

Harbinger
    Archer And Armstrong
    Bloodshot
    XO
    Shadow Man

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyeps View Post

Cary Nord is coming back, im excited like a kid now :)

I was telling the owner of local comic shop today i want XO-Manowar in my pull list and that i was drawn in by the cool art of Nord mostly with help of Vendetti. I was apparently the first one to order Valiant comics in the shop. Its a big one but in middle level city in little country like Sweden. Apparently most fans are marvel,DC zombies. He was saying new readers dont want another Universe like Valient but i told him it looks good simply because i was drawn in by Manowar and its that simple. Valient looks more mature,dark like Wildstorm U era and i was a big fan of Authority,Wildcats, Sleeper and co.

Is there a XO thread or is this used as one?

Thanks for the welcome :)
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Cary Nord is coming back, im excited like a kid now :)

I was telling the owner of local comic shop today i want XO-Manowar in my pull list and that i was drawn in by the cool art of Nord mostly with help of Vendetti. I was apparently the first one to order Valiant comics in the shop. Its a big one but in middle level city in little country like Sweden. Apparently most fans are marvel,DC zombies. He was saying new readers dont want another Universe like Valient but i told him it looks good simply because i was drawn in by Manowar and its that simple. Valient looks more mature,dark like Wildstorm U era and i was a big fan of Authority,Wildcats, Sleeper and co.

Is there a XO thread or is this used as one?

Thanks for the welcome :)
    There are comic book shops in Sweden? You lucky bastards, There aren't any comic book shops in Finland at all, got to trade wait or read digital here.

On topic: I've read the first couple of issues of X-O manowar, but it wasn't my cup of tea. I have however become interested in Archer & Armstrong, could someone give a quick explanation what it's about?
    Also what about Harbinger, from what I understand it's sorta like an X-men type of book, am I even close?
    Last edited by Blastermaster; 11-12-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    There are comic book shops in Sweden? You lucky bastards, There aren't any comic book shops in Finland at all, got to trade wait or read digital here.

On topic: I've read the first couple of issues of X-O manowar, but it wasn't my cup of tea. I have however become interested in Archer & Armstrong, could someone give a quick explanation what it's about?
    Also what about Harbinger, from what I understand it's sorta like an X-men type of book, am I even close?
    Archer & Armstrong: An immortal (Armstrong) and a gifted though misguided young man (Obadiah Archer) team up to fight against an ancient order called The Sect who are trying to reactivate an ancient artifact called The Boon, which gave Armstrong has immortality thousands of years ago but also caused a global cataclysm. There's a lot more to it than that, but I can't really comment without spoiling the story or how it progresses. In my opinion, this is the most mainstream title that Valiant has, but that's not a bad thing at all. On the contrary, this book blends humour with globetrotting action and adventure. Also, Archer & Armstrong #5 (out in December) will feature the first appearance in the Valiant Universe of one of its classic characters, The Fist and Steel himself, Gilad, the Eternal Warrior.

Harbinger: As BugsySig pointed out, when Valiant was first formed in the 90s, Shooter wanted to do things that he couldn't at Marvel. This goes back to the failed attempt at creating a secondary Marvel universe with the New Universe line of comics. One of the things that Shooter wanted to do with New Universe and with Valiant was to create a realistic superhero title, where the characters had powers that were conceivable within the laws of physics, and whose stories took place in the real world. The characters didn't act like they were in a comic book, but as real people do. The closest Marvel has ever come to replicating what Harbinger did in the 90s was with the Ultimate X-Men, and later with JMS' Supreme Power series. In spite of that, the modern incarnation of Harbinger is a much more radical reinterpretation of what the X-Men could be if they weren't property of Disney.

Tonally, Harbinger and Archer & Armstrong are the exact opposites of each-other, yet they are both integral titles to the overall Valiant Universe and definitely their first arcs should be considered required reading if you're interested in apprehending the "bigger picture" of the Valiant U as it develops.

For example, SPOILER ALERT in Archer & Armstrong #4 it is revealed that Archer was adopted by his parents from a military base in the Nevada desert, which for readers of Bloodshot, should be recognizable as the Project Rising Spirit facility, a facility which we know contains potentially dozens of kidnapped harbingers. In other words, Archer is a harbinger. END SPOILER
    X-O Manowar. Harbinger. Bloodshot. Archer & Armstrong. Swamp Thing. Dial H. Captain Marvel. Hit-Girl. Saga. Prophet. Read my reviews of these and more at The Comic Book Couple!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Supreme View Post
    Archer & Armstrong: An immortal (Armstrong) and a gifted though misguided young man (Obadiah Archer) team up to fight against an ancient order called The Sect who are trying to reactivate an ancient artifact called The Boon, which gave Armstrong has immortality thousands of years ago but also caused a global cataclysm. There's a lot more to it than that, but I can't really comment without spoiling the story or how it progresses. In my opinion, this is the most mainstream title that Valiant has, but that's not a bad thing at all. On the contrary, this book blends humour with globetrotting action and adventure. Also, Archer & Armstrong #5 (out in December) will feature the first appearance in the Valiant Universe of one of its classic characters, The Fist and Steel himself, Gilad, the Eternal Warrior.

Harbinger: As BugsySig pointed out, when Valiant was first formed in the 90s, Shooter wanted to do things that he couldn't at Marvel. This goes back to the failed attempt at creating a secondary Marvel universe with the New Universe line of comics. One of the things that Shooter wanted to do with New Universe and with Valiant was to create a realistic superhero title, where the characters had powers that were conceivable within the laws of physics, and whose stories took place in the real world. The characters didn't act like they were in a comic book, but as real people do. The closest Marvel has ever come to replicating what Harbinger did in the 90s was with the Ultimate X-Men, and later with JMS' Supreme Power series. In spite of that, the modern incarnation of Harbinger is a much more radical reinterpretation of what the X-Men could be if they weren't property of Disney.

Tonally, Harbinger and Archer & Armstrong are the exact opposites of each-other, yet they are both integral titles to the overall Valiant Universe and definitely their first arcs should be considered required reading if you're interested in apprehending the "bigger picture" of the Valiant U as it develops.

For example, SPOILER ALERT in Archer & Armstrong #4 it is revealed that Archer was adopted by his parents from a military base in the Nevada desert, which for readers of Bloodshot, should be recognizable as the Project Rising Spirit facility, a facility which we know contains potentially dozens of kidnapped harbingers. In other words, Archer is a harbinger. END SPOILER
    What he said.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

What if for Deathmate 2 it involves a crossover between Valiant/Dark Horse, would this be cool?
    X-O Manowar/Predator
    Harbinger/BPRD
    Bloodshot/X
    Shadowman/Ghost
    EW/Conan

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    What if for Deathmate 2 it involves a crossover between Valiant/Dark Horse, would this be cool?
    X-O Manowar/Predator
    Harbinger/BPRD
    Bloodshot/X
    Shadowman/Ghost
    EW/Conan
    Please don't use the D-word in my presence
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Please don't use the D-word in my presence
    What D word, DM or DH?

What D word, DM or DH?
    DM...rhymes with BM.

DM...rhymes with BM.
    Oh I forgot some of you old fans didn't like that crossover, I thought it was fun at the time(I was only ten...lol).
    But they can do it better now, with the talent they now have.

X-O Manowar/Predator
    Harbinger/BPRD
    Bloodshot/X
    Shadowman/Ghost
    EW/Conan
    Deathmate....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	694.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	104184

Oh I forgot some of you old fans didn't like that crossover, I thought it was fun at the time(I was only ten...lol).
    But they can do it better now, with the talent they now have.
    Don't get me wrong, I bought it when I was 14, too, and thought it was the coolest thing ever...but it was crap.

I actually liked the sound of your DH/VALIANT line up, but I think anything like that is in the far distant future. Like 41st century far.

Don't get me wrong, I bought it when I was 14, too, and thought it was the coolest thing ever...but it was crap.

I actually liked the sound of your DH/VALIANT line up, but I think anything like that is in the far distant future. Like 41st century far.
    Well, you never know what might happen with the entertainment industry, these days(Disney buying Lucasfilm for example). Sometimes I like to just think out LOUD.