Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'm sure you will and once you try the other titles they will also hook you, the XO TPB is coming out soon it's $10 you can't go wrong.

Welcome future VALIANT fan

hehe thanks...i probably didn't do myself any favors by angering a valiant writer/artist though that will probably end up making me look like a complete dick to most people

Judging from my pull list I'm not sure what title would fit me besides shadowman
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    hehe thanks...i probably didn't do myself any favors by angering a valiant writer/artist though that will probably end up making me look like a complete dick to most people

Judging from my pull list I'm not sure what title would fit me besides shadowman

To be honest, I remember reading a 4-page or so preview of Shadowman #1, and I remember the dialogue feeling a little off. I'm still going to give the title a shot, and Zircher's art is rather appealing.

As for judging which Valiant titles you'd like, based off your pull-list......It's too difficult to gauge, since Valiant's titles aren't very similar to any other comics that are out currently.

I feel bad that so many people are going after you for this, Animal Man. That is definitely not like Patch, who has regularly interacted well with fans from what I have seen, but it does seems like an over-reaction on his part. As you said, it was not your review and you were just passing along the info to others. If a creator cant take some criticism, then they are in the wrong business. Of course you can't know what else may have happened today or in his past to set him off in this instance, but you shouldn't be chastised for commenting on it here.

That being said, cheesy dialogue is in the eye of the beholder, and finding the appropriate voices for characters in a new series can take time. Considering that was the only negative in the review, that's not bad.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    I feel bad that so many people are going after you for this, Animal Man. That is definitely not like Patch, who has regularly interacted well with fans from what I have seen, but it does seems like an over-reaction on his part. As you said, it was not your review and you were just passing along the info to others. If a creator cant take some criticism, then they are in the wrong business. Of course you can't know what else may have happened today or in his past to set him off in this instance, but you shouldn't be chastised for commenting on it here.

That being said, cheesy dialogue is in the eye of the beholder, and finding the appropriate voices for characters in a new series can take time. Considering that was the only negative in the review, that's not bad.
    and here's the sad part he blocked me! so i can't follow him or send him anymore messages i still told him 4/5 was still a good review but he called me out as a passive aggressive nutcase because he thought i was just trying to provoke him(he knew about the review but i just wanted to see what he had to say about the dialogue...)after that point he blocked me and deleted all our conversations so nobody could ever know we talked

and here's the sad part he blocked me! so i can't follow him or send him anymore messages i still told him 4/5 was still a good review but he called me out as a passive aggressive nutcase because he thought i was just trying to provoke him(he knew about the review but i just wanted to see what he had to say about the dialogue...)after that point he blocked me and deleted all our conversations so nobody could ever know we talked
    Weird. But that can be a problem with the Internet: people can't tell from text what your intent is. Hopefully the incident won't prevent youvfrom trying out the book, which I think will be very good.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Weird. But that can be a problem with the Internet: people can't tell from text what your intent is. Hopefully the incident won't prevent youvfrom trying out the book, which I think will be very good.
    i had already pre-ordered shadowman#1 so of course I'm trying it out....just unfortunate that i drove the artist completely insane to the point where he wouldn't want me buying shadowman or commenting on it

i had already pre-ordered shadowman#1 so of course I'm trying it out....just unfortunate that i drove the artist completely insane to the point where he wouldn't want me buying shadowman or commenting on it
    Artists are fickle creatures...cutting off ears, etc.

Artists are fickle creatures...cutting off ears, etc.
    Yeah But here's something even weirder i commented about the weird time skipping during the second batwoman storyline to J.H Williams III On Twitter and he just brushed it off he didn't take offense to it or anything yet without even trying i made patrick zircher hate my guts...and people tell me he's one of the nicest guys in the business so i just don't get it

Yeah But here's something even weirder i commented about the weird time skipping during the second batwoman storyline to J.H Williams III On Twitter and he just brushed it off he didn't take offense to it or anything yet without even trying i made patrick zircher hate my guts...and people tell me he's one of the nicest guys in the business so i just don't get it
    My favorite is still Warren Simons, VALIANT EiC, when Rob Liefeld questioned the validity of XO #1s sales on twitter. VALIANT fans were ripping Rob a new one and Warren just tweeted for everyone to pick up the newest issue of Glory. Class act. Maybe he can give Patch some tips.

it was still uncalled for...i was promoting his book and a few of my tweets got retweeted by valiant's twitter account yet anytime i bring this up people will accuse me of looking for sympathy like i was attacking him on purpose to make him look bad...

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

i'm interested but the books are too pricey for me, plan to pick up the TBPs at some point.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    i'm interested but the books are too pricey for me, plan to pick up the TBPs at some point.
    At least you get a full sized story for the price. All the New 52 may be $2.99, but they are 22 pages or less. Most of the VALIANT books are 25 pages or more.

Of course the TPB price saves you some money, especially the reduced $9.99 XO trade. The Harbinger trade solicited for January is $14.99 (equal to $2.99 an issue).

^^^^
    But who actually buys TPB's at the listed MSRP?? I know I don't.
    When I get a TPB it's at least 40% off or greater, lowering my per issue price. With nearly 5K posts I've got to believe lboinyamouf4sho is informed enough to know which online retailers can provide this discount AND ship it securely.

It's why I don't buy Avengers, Spiderman, Iron Man, Batman, Detective, Superman, Wonderwoman, Justice League and other big characters cause they don't need my monthly dollar. Those characters shelf life is always going to exist. About 90% of my monthly comic buying is for titles that NEED it. Like VALIANT!!
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    But who actually buys TPB's at the listed MSRP?? I know I don't.
    When I get a TPB it's at least 40% off or greater, lowering my per issue price. With nearly 5K posts I've got to believe lboinyamouf4sho is informed enough to know which online retailers can provide this discount AND ship it securely.

It's why I don't buy Avengers, Spiderman, Iron Man, Batman, Detective, Superman, Wonderwoman, Justice League and other big characters cause they don't need my monthly dollar. Those characters shelf life is always going to exist. About 90% of my monthly comic buying is for titles that NEED it. Like VALIANT!!
    You know, that just didnt cross my mind as I was writing it...lol...I have never paid full price for a TPB, either, so kind of silly on my part.

But I like your logic about where to distribute your dollars. Solid advice.