Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Oh, the humanity! Wolverine and the X-Men was ranked higher than Harbinger in the Cbr top 100 comics... THERE IS NO JUSTICE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mechano View Post
    Oh, the humanity! Wolverine and the X-Men was ranked higher than Harbinger in the Cbr top 100 comics... THERE IS NO JUSTICE!!
    That's pretty disgusting. I wouldn't expect top 10, but behind those books? Should there even be that many Big 2 books in the discussion with so many great Indies out there?
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Just preordered Harbinger Vol. 1, Bloodshot Vol. 1 and Archer and Armstrong Vol. 1! So cheap. I should probably get around to buying X-O Manowar Vol. 1 at some point too.

Just out of interest, does anybody have a picture of the X-O Manowar spine? Really interested to know what the design is like, and I'd rather not wait until Harbinger gets delivered next month. I'm too impatient!
    Oversized Hardcover Videos!
    Latest uploads - The Planetary Omnibus, Invisibles Deluxe, Before Watchmen: Nite/Owl Dr Manhattan, Wasteland Apocalyptic Edition

My first exposure to X-O Manowar was a Playstation game where he crossed over with Iron Man. He looked so cool! I haven't read his comic, honestly, I had no idea he had one, so I guess I have some reading to do.

Heh. This reminded me of this.
    My blog where I mostly do comic reviews

Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

http://manga4life-blog.blogspot.com/...lute-best.html

Valiant sure has been killing it, they're (in my opinion) the absolute best publisher in comics today.

I saw the list but didn't pay enough attention to this, WatXM is definetly not my kind of book; Harbinger shows how an angsty teen centered comic should be done. And that's saying something, Im generally not into that type of story...
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    Just preordered Harbinger Vol. 1, Bloodshot Vol. 1 and Archer and Armstrong Vol. 1! So cheap. I should probably get around to buying X-O Manowar Vol. 1 at some point too.

Just out of interest, does anybody have a picture of the X-O Manowar spine? Really interested to know what the design is like, and I'd rather not wait until Harbinger gets delivered next month. I'm too impatient!
    I'm definitely gonna have to grab Harbinger Vol 1 and X-O Manowar Vol 1 this year.
    My blog where I mostly do comic reviews

Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit

Rolling My Eyes At You mr_hyde2120's Avatar

I'm enjoying Harbinger wars so far

Quote Originally Posted by mr_hyde2120 View Post
    I'm enjoying Harbinger wars so far
    #2 this week is supposed to be epic...Bloodshot vs Harada! Can't wait!
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    #2 this week will be epic...Bloodshot vs Harada! Can't wait!
    Fixed it for you

I like bloodshot quite a bit, but I think harada would just pop him like a zit...

Bloodshot is my second favorite book behind XO.
    When I think of BS vs Harada it sounds like Wolverine vs Magneto.
    My mind thinks of nanites being ripped out of BS in a similar manner.

Looking forward to seeing what the writing team has in store for us.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Bloodshot is my second favorite book behind XO.
    When I think of BS vs Harada it sounds like Wolverine vs Magneto.
    My mind thinks of nanites being ripped out of BS in a similar manner.

Looking forward to seeing what the writing team has in store for us.
    I won't spoil the surprise if anyone hasn't read about or seen the preview for the "Harada Protocol"...but Dysart came up with a very cool way for Bloodshot to hang with Harada.

Hey everyone, my name is Matt, and I'm the creator of an online comic that I've been picking away at since 2006 called Zed Reckoning. It can be found at www.zombiegrotto.com

Here is the gist of my character:

"Zed Hoss is an ass-kicking zombie who carries his cursed soul around with him in a suitcase. Bestowed with dark powers, he and his wise cracking Imp companion are hunted by the Baron Astor and his zombie army. Zed must decide what to do with these dark powers before his time runs out."

So, over 2 weeks ago, I sent Valiant Comics a letter pointing out the similarities between Zed and their recently redesigned Shadowman. I was very polite in the email, using pictures to show my point.
    Here are the Zed/Shadowman comparison images I sent them. I also altered a piece of thiers to show them what little tweeks were needed to make them look the same.

Both use magic, have short black hair with a widow's peak and skull faces, have small in stature side kicks, travel to the other side and back, fight demons and zombies (mine are zombies with masters, i assume the same for them). Their current story arc is called Darque Reckoning, mine is Zed Reckoning. They even have a talking monkey who, while on "the other side" keeps calling their lead "Hoss." Zed's last name is Hoss, and is first uttered in my comic while Zed is in the netherworld. My bad guy is Baron Astor, they have a Baron Samedi. Zed has glowing glyphs on his body, so does Master Darque. Their Shadowman logo even has figure on it that resembles a 5 pointed star. I'm not claiming all these ideas have never been done before, it's just all of them compiled into the same sort of package is very odd.

While they never actually responded to me, they redrew the figure on the variant cover that I used as an example for issue #0. I don't know if their lawyers told them to not email me back or what. Is this a small victory? The regular cover to issue #0, he still looks similar to the design I bitched about. A professional email in return would have been appropriate.

I think there are enough differences in the way things play out in each story that make them different enough, I'm not claiming they lifted my story, but they sure seem like they are trying to steal Zed's mojo. Even if the publisher was unaware, someone there had to have seen my comic. There are too many erie similarities. The worst thing for me is, when I finally finish my comic and get it published, everyone will probably claim the I'm ripping off Shadowman. What am I suposed to do as an indy creator to protect my work when someone can just take what they like from my hard work and claim it as their own?