Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

If it's not company wide then I agree calling it an event isn't the right term.

I still hope we get RAI by summer though!!
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

I think in their Free Comic Book Day release they had an ad for Rai coming out in spring 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog1981 View Post
    I think in their Free Comic Book Day release they had an ad for Rai coming out in spring 2013.
    Well that also had an Eternal Warrior teaser for Winter 2012. That turned out to be a tease for a first appearance and not a new series, and I would suspect the same for Rai. Likely he will appear in Bloodshot's 3rd arc and receive a solo series down the line.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Indeed Valiant has been "killing it", their comics have been nothing short of top notch and they're launch earlier this year has created a huge amount of buzz within the industry and now they're reaping the benefits of it with great orders and large sales numbers. All 5 of the books that have been published so far have been phenomenal and I really urge anyone who may be on the fence about picking up the Valiant books to give them a shot, the only book I'm not 100% crazy about is Archer & Armstrong and even at that the title is still better than 80% of comics currently on store shelves and deserves an audience.

Take my word for it, Valiant is simply amazing and the writing + art has been absolutely stellar and they're currently the best thing going in the comic book industry right now. Bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    Indeed Valiant has been "killing it", their comics have been nothing short of top notch and they're launch earlier this year has created a huge amount of buzz within the industry and now they're reaping the benefits of it with great orders and large sales numbers. All 5 of the books that have been published so far have been phenomenal and I really urge anyone who may be on the fence about picking up the Valiant books to give them a shot, the only book I'm not 100% crazy about is Archer & Armstrong and even at that the title is still better than 80% of comics currently on store shelves and deserves an audience.

Take my word for it, Valiant is simply amazing and the writing + art has been absolutely stellar and they're currently the best thing going in the comic book industry right now. Bar none.
    Hell Yeah!

I just read XO #7, gonna eat dinner then read Harby #6, what a great day

After that it's Hawkeye, Daredevil and Avengers.... great books but well you know

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

*sigh*, guess it's time to see if I can catch up on the singles. Luckily I'm not too far behind on any of the series. Depending on what titles I can completely catch up on/enjoy, that means I gotta decide what titles to cut from my existing pull list. And I just changed it yesterday!!! *siiiiiiigh* Decisions decisions. Comics are by far the most enjoyable burden I can think of.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    *sigh*, guess it's time to see if I can catch up on the singles. Luckily I'm not too far behind on any of the series. Depending on what titles I can completely catch up on/enjoy, that means I gotta decide what titles to cut from my existing pull list. And I just changed it yesterday!!! *siiiiiiigh* Decisions decisions. Comics are by far the most enjoyable burden I can think of.
    Well, if you can hold out a little longer the reduced price XO trade comes out next month with the first 4 issues. Harbinger follows in January, then Bloodshot, etc. And there is always digital if you can't find the floppies.

All are great reads and I can honestly say that almost every new issue is better than he last. This month in particular had probably my favorite issues for all four titles (and the premier of Shadowman). A nice thing considering the opposite seems to be the trend in most Big 2 books.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

I've actually made the decision to cut down my monthly pull list by getting rid of everything DC and slicing my Dynamite pull's down by about 25% to focus specifically on Valiant and everything Valiant publishes in the future. I know it sounds like a drastic change but I'm pretty much just buying DC out of habit now and even though I like some of their books I'm more of an indy publisher deep down and that's why I stick with Valiant and Dynamite. With Dynamite I decided to stop buying Bionic Man (for now) since the art has gone WAY downhill and the story hasn't been as good since the end of the Kevin Smith issues, and I've decided to not get Green Hornet since the story and art have been pretty bad over the past 4 or 5 months (Vampirella's gone too). So bring me more titles Valiant, I've go the room and the cash to spend! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    I've actually made the decision to cut down my monthly pull list by getting rid of everything DC and slicing my Dynamite pull's down by about 25% to focus specifically on Valiant and everything Valiant publishes in the future. I know it sounds like a drastic change but I'm pretty much just buying DC out of habit now and even though I like some of their books I'm more of an indy publisher deep down and that's why I stick with Valiant and Dynamite. With Dynamite I decided to stop buying Bionic Man (for now) since the art has gone WAY downhill and the story hasn't been as good since the end of the Kevin Smith issues, and I've decided to not get Green Hornet since the story and art have been pretty bad over the past 4 or 5 months (Vampirella's gone too). So bring me more titles Valiant, I've go the room and the cash to spend! :D
    Honestly, I'm the same way. I prefer the stories in indies so much more than the Big 2. But the Big 2 have characters w/ sentimental value to me. And usually some damn great art. However, I've been debating w/ myself just how much I want to cut from my DC pulls. It's fluctuated from 12~18 for the past few months, but I'm pretty sure I can cut it down to 8~10 and fit in some other titles.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Well, if you can hold out a little longer the reduced price XO trade comes out next month with the first 4 issues. Harbinger follows in January, then Bloodshot, etc. And there is always digital if you can't find the floppies.

All are great reads and I can honestly say that almost every new issue is better than he last. This month in particular had probably my favorite issues for all four titles (and the premier of Shadowman). A nice thing considering the opposite seems to be the trend in most Big 2 books.
    well, the more I thought about it, the more I realized maybe I shouldn't try all 5. I'm hearing all 5 are great, and I'll probably pick up #1 + #2 of all 5 (except Shadowman of course) to see how I feel. But I'm also tempted to limit the tryout to Shadowman, Archer & Armstrong, and Harbinger only - the first 2 being the easiest to catch up on and the latter being the most interesting to me. That way it's just easier decision making for me, even if I am missing out on the other 2 great titles. ...But, like I said, I'll still prob check out Bloodshot and XO Manowar...
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Honestly, I'm the same way. I prefer the stories in indies so much more than the Big 2. But the Big 2 have characters w/ sentimental value to me. And usually some damn great art. However, I've been debating w/ myself just how much I want to cut from my DC pulls. It's fluctuated from 12~18 for the past few months, but I'm pretty sure I can cut it down to 8~10 and fit in some other titles.
    I went from 18 monthly DC titles when the New 52 hit, down to about 13 the month after. I stuck with the 13 and then trimmed it down to 9 monthly DC books and kept that up until now and I've finally gone down to 0. It isn't that I dislike the books I was getting, I'm just ready to move on from DC (I moved on from Marvel YEARS ago) and focus my attention on Valiant and Dynamite exclusively. I will always love the iconic heroes of DC and Marvel and I'll always pick up back issues from the 80's and 90's of these classic characters, but Marvel is a mere husk of what it once was and I find them horrible as a company and DC is just a victim of me wanting to read more indy books. I'll probably go back someday and pick up the New 52 where I left off, but as of right now it's all about Valiant and Dynamite for me!

well, the more I thought about it, the more I realized maybe I shouldn't try all 5. I'm hearing all 5 are great, and I'll probably pick up #1 + #2 of all 5 (except Shadowman of course) to see how I feel. But I'm also tempted to limit the tryout to Shadowman, Archer & Armstrong, and Harbinger only - the first 2 being the easiest to catch up on and the latter being the most interesting to me. That way it's just easier decision making for me, even if I am missing out on the other 2 great titles. ...But, like I said, I'll still prob check out Bloodshot and XO Manowar...
    Harby and A&A are my favorite, while XO and Bloodshot probably will read the best in trade. So that sounds like a good plan. Once you absorb all that awesomeness, though, you won't be able to resist the other two

well, of course I'm the most undisciplined person in the world and ended up getting way more Valiant than intended (not the same as wanted ). Didn't do the comixology sale, as I just like tangible comics too much. Luckily my different LCS's all had big sales today, even for new comics. I ended up getting XO Manowar 1-7, Shadowman 1, A&A 1, 3, 4 (still making another trip to an LCS to see if they have 2. If not, can just do comixology), and Harbinger 1-5 (yeah, still need 6! Hopefully that other LCS has it...). Should be able to squeeze them all in this weekend. I avoided Bloodshot, but of course 1 guy at an LCS, whose opinion I trust, said it's the only Valiant title he reads (b/c of Swierczynski) and he says he very much likes it. So...I may still get Bloodshot 1-5 before the weekend sales are done. *siiiiiiigh*
    Grant Morrison

I too mostly read only indies(Image, Valiant), I like reading small coherent universes, a year ago my favorite little U was Topcow, now its clearly VALIANT. At the beginning of 2012 I was contemplating trying the Extreme relaunch, so glad I chose VALIANT instead their quality is so much better. I'm only getting two Marvel Now books(X-Men loyalty), Lord of the Jungle and Artifacts. Too make room for more VALIANT, Bloodshot is currently my favorite, a great military action ride.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

I'm taking my first dive into Valiant's relaunch with X-O Manowar. I've been hearing nothing but great things about Valiant. Thanks to a Black Friday sale, I got to order all the issues of X-O. Now I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival. If I had more room in my budget, I'd check out more titles. Though if I enjoy Valiant's work as much as I've heard, I think my pull list may be changing. I'm getting a bit tired of the Big 2's superhero grind. The relaunches and retcons are starting to wear on me. Every time I've branched out into the independents, I've been rewarded for it. I'm hooked on The Walking Dead by Image and just started reading the trades for Locke & Key. Locke & Key is pretty awesome. So I look forward to reading Valiant again. It's been years since I read some of their work. I used to love Turok and some of their other titles. Man, those issues of X-O can't come fast enough.

I buy mostly DC, but I am really enjoying Valiant. Currently X-O Manowar is my favorite series followed by Bloodshot. Hopefully Dr Solar will join Valiant one day.