Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

A very enjoyable read. I thought Abernathy was the Kryptonite man. I'm guessing Luthor will make that came to pass eventually.
    Steel, I thought was fleshed out pretty good.
    I like SteelWorks more than I ever liked IronWorks for his business name.

I agree with most of you that this is how issues 1-12 of Superman should have felt.
    All in all, not a waste of money at all.

The back-up was bland and I don't know, too silent. (I know that's how it was supposed to be)

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    Also, didn't Morrison establish in newDC that Kryptonite's radiation is dangerous to everyone, not just Superman? I liked it better than a classic interpretation.
    That was the position Post-CoIE, too - prolonged exposure is dangerous to humans and concentrated exposure usually kills humans.

Quote Originally Posted by brik-el View Post
    A very enjoyable read. I thought Abernathy was the Kryptonite man. I'm guessing Luthor will make that came to pass eventually.
    hmm...there are now several K-Men, likely brought about by the suggestions made in the discussion with Lex.

I thought it was great, especially Cully's art and Steel being awesome. I want to see a lot more of Steel/John Henry in the Super-books.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

I enjoyed this I thought both writing and art we both good in this and steel pretty awesome in this to, not sure about the backup didn't really get that but overall I thought was really good.

Fisch surprised me, I thought this annual was going to be boring and generic but turned out to be worth my money and an enjoyable read. Liked K-Man's origin as well as Luthor and Steel's chracterizations. The way both Superman and Steel trumped over K-Man was fun. This issue had what the first 12 issues of Superman lacked, a fun story with decent chracterization. Art was top notch as well.

Though not mind blowing like Morrison, Sholly Fisch gave me a good story. Back up was meh but looking forward for Atomic Skull's following appearances.

Yeah I had fun reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by Officersmile1466 View Post
    Wow is this for real? The horribly simplistic artwork, the ridiculous bad guy and the horrible dialogue "I LOVE MY WIFE!" Do they really expect people to pay money for this? Like more money than what we'd pay for Grant Morrison's work?
    Yeah. And most of us did. It might not be Grant Morrison-caliber but it's still great on it's own merits.

This issue was good. It was simple, which isn't a bad thing in my book. Cully's art, in my opinion, is really good and goes with the simplicity of the story. Steel was awesome in this and I hope Sholly will continue working on Steel and other Superman related projects.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Default Hamner and Sook present...

It was an extended back up with stellar art. K-Man's story was plain but considering all that we've read from Morrison, the straight forward route isn't a terrible one. $5 was a bit steep, though, so I'll be a bit more selective with future annuals.

It was reasonably good. Art was a 3, writing a 3. Nothing bad really, just not up to par with the other backups and issues. Was Lane at the end working with the Little Man? I hope we see how the K-Men meet the Little Man. We have gotten the meetings from everyone else. Also, was the guy in the backup in issues 5 and 6? I don't remember seeing him there. If he is, also show him meeting with out good ol Mini-man.

Finally read this today, and thought the main feature was great. Didn't know what was going on in the last few pages though, was that really needed? Really just wasted space.

I have this waiting to be read also. I'm a weird reader, I need all the comics lined up to be read in order. I'm missing Superman #13 in my order and waiting for my LCS to call me when they get one in. It's hard reading the boards with all these discussions, haha.