Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Sean Howe Reveals All in "Marvel Comics: The Untold Story"

Sean Howe discusses "Marvel Comics: The Untold Story," the research involved in writing the book, his "exclusive correspondence" with Steve Ditko and lost Marvel projects he discovered sorting through 50 years of history.

Full article here.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Okay yeah, we somehow need to get Naked Stan in the red NOW! box at the bottom of covers.

Reading it now, so far damn good 0-:-P

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

I like the book, but it falls off towards the end. Maybe it's the lack of candor he mentions from people still working for Marvel, but even if you take into consideration the lack of juicy gossip and the increasing coproratization, the "New Marvel" section feels less engaged.
    Expletive Deleted

Finished the book last night. Loved it.

Does anybody know where I can find the audio to that infamous Jack Kirby b-day radio interview?
    PULL DC:Batman Inc., Batman, B&R, Flash, WW-MARVEL: New, Young, Uncanny and Vanilla Avengers, DD, JiM, WATXM-IMAGE: Luther Strode, Prophet, Manhattan Projects

My wife gave me this book as a birthday present. Now I'm even more excited to read it! Might start it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by chronin View Post
    Finished the book last night. Loved it.

Does anybody know where I can find the audio to that infamous Jack Kirby b-day radio interview?
    Here:

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Very interesting book.

Honestly, I would say its a must read for every Marvel fan.

That being said, I would say the book was very....kind to Stan Lee. It certainly depicted a lot of events from his perspective.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ben D View Post
    Here:
    Thanks man.
    PULL DC:Batman Inc., Batman, B&R, Flash, WW-MARVEL: New, Young, Uncanny and Vanilla Avengers, DD, JiM, WATXM-IMAGE: Luther Strode, Prophet, Manhattan Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    I like the book, but it falls off towards the end. Maybe it's the lack of candor he mentions from people still working for Marvel, but even if you take into consideration the lack of juicy gossip and the increasing coproratization, the "New Marvel" section feels less engaged.
    Yeah, I really liked the the book, but the entire last decade of Marvel is basically done in 30 pages.