- Gambit going back to thievery after getting some decent character growth in "X-23" and "Legacy" seemed like back tracking, but James Asmus made it work in a way that's believable to the character
- Clay Mann draws the absolute best Gambit in recent history
- Straight forward adventure arc in just 4 issues, not the current standard 5 or 6+, Thank God. Nothing heavy or heady, just fun.
- References to the X-Men just enough to let us know Gambit's still with them, but no appearances from them helps to strengthen this book
- No Rogue! Never thought I'd be a fan of Rogue not being with Gambit, but he benefits from it. Looking forward to Joelle's development. Hopefully she'll become complex without becoming a major head-case like Rogue...I do like Rogue, she just doesn't need to be here.
I still don't know why they give her this book to review. That aside. We've had one arc. ONE. The X-Factor as it were in the form of Pete Wisdom is coming. And from what I've read - quite a few don't want too many Xmen in his book. Guess the line is fine, a few here or there. As long as the adventure is good, I'm good.