Page 277 of 334 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 5002

Oh, fuck. Why is Ann Nocenti writing a new Katana solo?

DX
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

BANNED

Two of my favorite people are in X-Cres right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Badger View Post
    You and tlp?

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

the frozen tundra of "not upstate" New York

Where the fuck have you been, teddy?
    X-Boards Have Taste V

XPOTM: May 2010

pff, pryde -- teddy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    You and tlp?
    OK, make that 3 of my favorite posters.

Quote Originally Posted by tlp0708 View Post
    Ugh. Yeah, that's embarrassing. I was watching the baby monitor at the same time.
    But seriously, I have kids I work with who are in high school and they are just inundated with so many papers and essays to write. Those who have difficulties with attention, or those who have a streak toward perfectionism quite often fall behind and sometimes it seems like a good approach is to pick and choose which essays they are really going to sink their teeth into and try to make great and which ones they just need to do and get them done. Sometimes, just firing off robot-style is needed simply to keep from falling behind.

hey thanks, BB. That's nice of you to say :/
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Hey, people.
    Moo, you. x
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Why do you insist on setting yourself up for hurt feelings?

Where the fuck have you been, teddy?
    Repeat answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddyeatsyourface
    Old internet provider was overcharging us by 100$, we dumped them (after we got our last payment returned to us), and now we're looking for another internet provider. But the other services here are pretty lame and most of them are still dial-up only. ._.

I want Hughes net and my brother wants time warner, but our parents are dumb and haven't a clue as to what the difference is between dial up, DSL, fiber optic, ect. So it's taking awhile to get them to decide on a new ISP. -______________-
    New details:

Stupid Sandy knocked out some of the power poles in Rocky Mount (which I don't see how that's possible because we're pretty far inland and the storm was more towards the coast) I haven't been able to sign on the internet anywhere! until now. But at least our new internet provider gave us our first month payment back. :/

But seriously, I have kids I work with who are in high school and they are just inundated with so many papers and essays to write. Those who have difficulties with attention, or those who have a streak toward perfectionism quite often fall behind and sometimes it seems like a good approach is to pick and choose which essays they are really going to sink their teeth into and try to make great and which ones they just need to do and get them done. Sometimes, just firing off robot-style is needed simply to keep from falling behind.
    And as one of the people who gets them after high school, this strategy makes it extremely difficult for them to do any critical thinking. I'm still trying to break my students from this habit. They're so focused on writing with a particular formula that they can't see when those paragraphs don't logically relate to each other, when they're making false comparisons, or what to do when a topic can't be written in that formula. It does more harm than good in the long run.
    X-Boards Have Taste V

pff, pryde -- teddy

Repeat answer:

New details:

Stupid Sandy knocked out some of the power poles in Rocky Mount (which I don't see how that's possible because we're pretty far inland and the storm was more towards the coast) I haven't been able to sign on the internet anywhere! until now. But at least our new internet provider gave us our first month payment back. :/
    Wait, I thought you lived on the coast? If Chica and I move to Roanoke (should know before Christmas), we're looking at homes in Moneta and Hardy.
    X-Boards Have Taste V

pff, pryde -- teddy

Ugh. Yeah, that's embarrassing. I was watching the baby monitor at the same time.
    I'm obviously have been rubbing off on you

He was clearly referring to me lol

Also hi Teddy
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

In Virginia, I lived on the coast.

Rocky Mount, NC is a few hours away from the coast. :/

I hate it here *stomps feet*

Teddy, hi! I love you!

And as one of the people who gets them after high school, this strategy makes it extremely difficult for them to do any critical thinking. I'm still trying to break my students from this habit. They're so focused on writing with a particular formula that they can't see when those paragraphs don't logically relate to each other, when they're making false comparisons, or what to do when a topic can't be written in that formula. It does more harm than good in the long run.
    hm, that's good to know.. and I'll definitely factor that into future advice/strategies on my part. Some of these kids I'm talking about just end writing nothing because starting just feels too monumental, and the robot approach is just to get things started. Again, however, you make a good point.
    A+ post.

Why do you insist on setting yourself up for hurt feelings?
    because you're going to be nice to me today. I just know it.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12