Page 116 of 334 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 5002

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Eleven days until I get to punch you in the face.

Eleven days.
    I'll be protected by my Irish bodyguard

It's not even going that far to the fringe. It's the advocates for withdrawal from the United Nations, for distancing the US from International Law and the Convention For Human Rights because they feel that the very existence of these concepts and organisations is "an attack on US sovereignty". Why? Because those organisations call out America on it's death penalty, on the serious questions raised about some of those people sentenced to death. They call out the increasing decline in human rights for those affected by an increasingly powerful internal security apparatus, and the bold-faced lie of a candidate "opposing all forms of torture" by re-classifying what constitutes torture.

These aren't radical voices out on the fringes of your society. They're elected officials, across all levels of government.

One is running for President.

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    I'll be protected by my Irish bodyguard
    I shall sweep them off their feet with my charm and the irascible twinkle in my eye.

Then punch you in the face.
    Last edited by Lady_Alternate; 11-06-2012 at 05:07 AM.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

It's not even going that far to the fringe. It's the advocates for withdrawal from the United Nations, for distancing the US from International Law and the Convention For Human Rights because they feel that the very existence of these concepts and organisations is "an attack on US sovereignty". Why? Because those organisations call out America on it's death penalty, on the serious questions raised about some of those people sentenced to death. They call out the increasing decline in human rights for those affected by an increasingly powerful internal security apparatus, and the bold-faced lie of a candidate "opposing all forms of torture" by re-classifying what constitutes torture.

These aren't radical voices out on the fringes of your society. They're elected officials, across all levels of government.

One is running for President.
    Oh, I know this. It's fucking awful. Did you hear what Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock has said about pregnancy through rape? That it was how God intended? This is the shit that spews out of Republicans' mouths about women's reproductive rights. And what you note, foreign policy is completely skewed and blood-thirsty and twisted.
    Last edited by Boozier; 11-06-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Go see Amy Sedaris, coveredinbees!!

It's essentially how we fucked up the last election in the UK. A lot of people took a stand against two-party politics and voted for the Lib Dems... but not enough, leaving us with a coalition government where I feel that my vote for the Lib Dems was a vote that allowed the fucking Millionaire Posh Boy's Club to (and I really do not use this word lightly) rape our country for three to four years and do irreversible damage to our Health and Social Care infrastructure on a national scale, while allowing corporations to profit mercilessly from the mess and the misery.

So, my American friends, my advice to you would be the sodding obvious - vote with your heads, not your hearts.
    Speak for yourself, I voted for the Green Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozier View Post
    Oh, I know this. It's fucking awful. Did you hear what Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock has said about pregnancy through rape? That it was how God intended? This is the shit that spews out of Republicans' mouths about women's reproductive rights. And what you note, foreign policy is completely skewed and blood-thirsty and twisted.
    I note that the women of Indiana are fucked either way - Donnelly's voting record is firmly anti-abortion in principle, with the concession of incest and rape, but he wants all federal funding cut from Planned Parenthood.

What a choice. What a fucking choice.

Ugh.

You can all come live with me above the Hat Museum. It's cold, but we can keep each other warm and safe.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

I'm glad I'll have most of you on my side tomorrow when the war begins.
    XPOTM:September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    I'm glad I'll have most of you on my side tomorrow when the war begins.
    I loved that book. Haven't had a chance to see the film of it.

I loved that book. Haven't had a chance to see the film of it.
    Just watch Red Dawn. It's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Just watch Red Dawn. It's amazing.
    While Red Dawn is many things, it is not amazing. A somewhat-beloved awful cult 80s classic, yes, but not 'amazing'.

Ugh. Just read that the TWTWB film decides to be 'a bit racist' in order to make the viewer hate the invaders in a shorter space of time.

While Red Dawn is many things, it is not amazing. A somewhat-beloved awful cult 80s classic, yes, but not 'amazing'.

Ugh. Just read that the TWTWB film decides to be 'a bit racist' in order to make the viewer hate the invaders in a shorter space of time.
    Red Dawn is my favorite movie!
    I've seen TWTWB, and I don't remember racism. It's been a while though.

red dawn was -- interesting...
    XPOTM: APRIL 2012

be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth...

i'm lost...i've gone to look for myself...if i should return before i get back -- please ask me to wait...

BANNED

The voting centers here in Indianapolis are always FULL of ancient ass people. It's so weird. When I walked in they all about died.

I'm still not sure if I'm registered or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    The voting centers here in Indianapolis are always FULL of ancient ass people. It's so weird. When I walked in they all about died.
    Do your civic duty and change their votes.

glad i voted early...

*goes to make coffee*
    XPOTM: APRIL 2012

be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth...

i'm lost...i've gone to look for myself...if i should return before i get back -- please ask me to wait...