Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Seems like trades are a go to source around here. So just how often does the average book receive a trade? It starting to sound with the number of material Im getting turned on to. It be a smart thing to read some things in trade only and others, probably my favorite reads in traditional form.

I did just read Hoax Hunters #1 good book will be checking out more. I also liked Epic Kill really well, Saga was good probably be a book Id read in trade form.

Typically the first trade is 4-5 issues, some are six (but Image's bigger series often have plus-size first issues so the first trade is quite thick), and it depends on the series. Sometimes the trade will come out at the same time (within a week or two) of the last issue it collects, sometimes it's a month or so after, but you're typically not waiting all that long for an Image trade to come out.

Saga's first trade is already out and only costs $9.99.

As someone mentioned earlier, Comixology is a great way to try new Image titles. I'm kind of reluctant to try too many, cause it seems every one I do try I get hooked on. Image is my go to these days.
    Last edited by brooky1969; 11-03-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    American Vampire, Atomic Robo, Chew, Fatale, Hoax Hunters, Manhattan Projects, Revival, Saga, The Sixth Gun, The Walking Dead

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brooky1969 View Post
    As someone mentioned earlier, Comixology is a great way to try new Image titles. I'm kind of reluctant to try too many, cause it seems every one I do try I get hooked on. Image is my go to these days.
    Sigh. I know the feeling. I am spending way too much there. It is so bad I wait for some of the image books to drop in price to $2. Also, Image will sometimes put a whole run on sale. I picked up the Haunt run at .99 recently.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    Sigh. I know the feeling. I am spending way too much there. It is so bad I wait for some of the image books to drop in price to $2. Also, Image will sometimes put a whole run on sale. I picked up the Haunt run at .99 recently.
    Yeah, I have a pretty firm $10 weekly budget, but those sales sting me sometimes. The 50% Walking Dead sale hit me pretty hard a while back. I do love those $2 books.
    American Vampire, Atomic Robo, Chew, Fatale, Hoax Hunters, Manhattan Projects, Revival, Saga, The Sixth Gun, The Walking Dead

Im personally enjoying Peter Panzerfaust(mix of Peter Pan an World War Hero), Thief of Thieves, as well as Bedlam. I was fortunate enough to get bedlam 1 at NYCC this year and I knew it was going to be an amazing series. Nick Spencer is also an awesome guy and has great talent. There are so many different lines with image its crazy. If i were to give you some advice, stick to 3 or 4 and back track some of the series' if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by MT2 View Post
    Im also interested in a handfull of Dark Horse books as well, but not sure where to talk about Dark Horse here.
    The independent forum, they don't have their own forum.

Walking Dead
    Super Dinosaur
    G-Man
    I forget: is MacGyver Image?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

My reading list is growing out of controll now. Im now trying to decide in what to read monthly and what to read in trades. Id go all trades, but honestly I enjoy the connection of my youth with the singles.

Right now, Im tryin to focus on
    The Walking Dead
    Invincible
    Super Dinosaur
    Thief of Thieves
    Epic Kill
    Plus a few Marvel and Dark Horse titles

Not to mention I cant help but to be drawn back into wanting to read Spawn, not to mention some new titles like Bedlam, Cyberforce, Storm Dogs to name a few.

Im thinking everything that has trades read trades and ride the newer titles as singles for now. At least till I get caught up with the older titles.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Walking Dead
    Super Dinosaur
    G-Man
    I forget: is MacGyver Image?
    yes, there is a new mini series from Image, so I assume it's Image

Well the first 5 issues of Cyber Force are free so theres a good opportunity to try that series out.

You could just stick to trades for books that dont really need your support of floppies at this point, i.e Walking Dead, Invincible.
    Maybe go floppies with books that need the support: Epic Lill, Bedlam, Cyberforce, Storm Dogs etc.

I started collecting comics in September of last year when DC rebooted. Then I looked into Image comics and I am amazed at how much I like their books. Since I am mostly up to date with DC, I decided to go for trades with Image and start from the beginning. This is what I have bought so far:
    - Walking Dead Deluxe Volumes 1 & 2 - Loved Vol. 1, now have to get to reading Vol. 2.
    - Invincible Ultimate Volume 1 - Liked it, but I feel it started very slow. I will continue to read it. Need to buy Vol. 2.
    - Saga TPB Volume 1 - I'm in love with this series; it's so wacky and entertaining. Can't wait for volume 2. I wish they would just publish these in hardcovers.
    - Y: The Last Man Deluxe Volume 1 - Haven't started it yet, but the staff at the comic shop couldn't recommend this enough (even called it his favorite all time comic series).

I just don't have enough money to buy all the comics I want!
    Monthly: Animal Man, Batman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman
    Currently reading in Trades: Hellboy LE Vol. 1

Enjoy Image, and try hoax hunters.
    The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    - Y: The Last Man Deluxe Volume 1 - Haven't started it yet, but the staff at the comic shop couldn't recommend this enough (even called it his favorite all time comic series).
    FYI It's published by Vertigo, not Image

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    I just don't have enough money to buy all the comics I want!
    Welcome to the club.