Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Dude, I cannot stand Emma Stone. She plays the same character in every movie and Gwen Stacy was a terrible character in the film.
    Paper Man & The Help say differently. Also, if you think that she was a bad actress in Amazing Spider-Man in the sequence where she talked to Pete after the funeral then we have genuine, fundamental differences in what exactly constitutes bad acting.

I agree that Gwen fell for Peter for pretty much no reason. I do prefer this version of Spider-Man to the Raimi one, but I still don't think it's really right.
    "No law against running around in colorful long johns is there? I mean if there was, they'd have thrown you in jail years ago! See you around, Petey-o!" - Harry Osborn

She plays the same character in every movie and Gwen Stacy was a terrible character in the film.
    So you think that her role as Gwen was similar to her role as Wichita in Zombieland?
    Last edited by KurtW95; 11-04-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    So you think that her role as Gwen was similar to her role as Wichita in Zombieland?
    I like how it is possible to co-relate Emma's roles in various films to the personalities of different Spidey love interests-

The House Bunny- Debra Whitman
    Zombieland- Felicia (kind of)
    Easy A- MJ (well, except for the underdog bit)
    Friends With Benefits - Silver Age MJ

Hmm, of course there is no way in hell an effervescent personality like Emma could ever play something as drab as the fictional being called Carlie Cooper.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    Paper Man & The Help say differently. Also, if you think that she was a bad actress in Amazing Spider-Man in the sequence where she talked to Pete after the funeral then we have genuine, fundamental differences in what exactly constitutes bad acting.
    Saw both and while her goals were different she played the same bratty teen ("NO DAD! I DON'T WANT HOT CHOCOLATE!" (yuck)) as always. ESPECIALLY in Zombieland. I didn't say she was a bad actress either, she needs to branch out is all.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Saw both and while her goals were different she played the same bratty teen ("NO DAD! I DON'T WANT HOT CHOCOLATE!" (yuck)) as always. ESPECIALLY in Zombieland. I didn't say she was a bad actress either, she needs to branch out is all.
    ^Clearly did not get the context of the "No Hot Chocolate for me" scene.

It was because she was hiding Peter in her room for God's sake!
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    ^Clearly did not get the context of the "No Hot Chocolate for me" scene.
    It was because she was hiding Peter in her room for God's sake!
    I got the scene. It still came off as bratty. She could have been like "No thank you" instead she went off on him. Classic Emma Stone.

I got the scene. It still came off as bratty. She could have been like "No thank you" instead she went off on him. Classic Emma Stone.
    But then he would have been suspicious. You didn't get the scene and constantly hate on good things. Classic wyokid.

Elder Member

But then he would have been suspicious. You didn't get the scene and constantly hate on good things. Classic wyokid.
    No, it wouldn't have. It's more suspicious that she's freaking out for no reason (speaking from her father's point-of-view obviously).

No, it wouldn't have. It's more suspicious that she's freaking out for no reason (speaking from her father's point-of-view obviously).
    Which she then releases so tells him she is on her period.

None of the deleted scenes would have added to the movie, maybe the scene with Connors and Peter outside his house, but most seem pretty redundant.
    "Dan Slott was also unbelievably helpful during this period as he helped me formulate some of the ideas that eventually be used in "OMIT." Dan is a champ and an idea machine" - Joey Q

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

I thought the Hot Chocolate scene was hilarious. To each his own, I guess.

BANNED

As I stated before, there was no love story. She falls head-over-heels for no reason.
    This i will have to agree with him, to me she seemed like a creepy stalker, she waited for him to come out of detention, and then later imedialty invites a guy she barely knows, and is not dating to dine with her family !!!!
    if there were more scenes cut okay, but gwen love crush came too soon, they should had exposed more how she liked him becouse he stood up to flash,

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    I think two scenes, maybe three. Really short ones, though.

Not really much Untold Story(tm) going on, the biggest thing it's that there was basically a segment in which, after the fight in the school, Peter rescues Connors and helps him evade the police because he assumes Curt's no longer evil now that the Lizard junk isn't turning him into a lizard, then Connors makes a lab in the sewers, Peter goes check on him, Curt makes it obvious that he's an evil douche, Norman's assistant comes by and shoots connors, tells peter about how stuff is greater than him or something and I think takes him up.
    AKA: Deleted scenes make it so Peter knows about the plan before seeing the video and also know (and be responsible for) Curt has a lab in the sewers.
    The footage is long gone from Youtube, but it really sounds like the movie would have gotten a much needed shot in the arm by some of this stuff. The official version has absolutely no surprises in it, and elaborating on Connors/Lizard/Dr.Ratha would have added a bit of depth and mystery to an extremely generic story. Ifans' acting as Curt Connors was one of the best parts of the film, and it seems strange that Webb/Arad/Sony choose not to capitalize more on his performance and character arc.

Also, did anyone else feel that the violence was extremely toned down? I don't think Spider-Man dealt a single punch or kick throughout the whole movie, just a lot of net spinning, ducking, wrestling and throwing... The first two Raimi-movies had some excellent fight scenes, while ASM felt more like a Saturday morning cartoon desperately trying to please it's censors in that regard. Still, I really like the feel brought to the other scenes showing Spider-Man, the climbing and web-slinging felt much more physical and "real" than in the earlier movies and therefore also more fun and exciting. I at least hope that part gets carried over to the sequel.
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

Also, did anyone else feel that the violence was extremely toned down? I don't think Spider-Man dealt a single punch or kick throughout the whole movie
    I'm pretty sure he delivered several kicks from the pole to the innocent people he beat the crap out of on the subway? He also definitely punched several cops, for instance didn't he deliver a solid stomach punch to George that made him double over the moment he unmasked Peter before he could see his face?