Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

another classic

Life is what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I love how they point out that the mustache trap has never been shown before. That makes it more exciting.

Life is what you make it.

The Hypno-Hustler recently made an appearance in Avenging Spiderman. They didn't update him at all, just made him out to be an insane, incredibly out-of-touch goofball:

Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Love Rocket Racer personally....sure his whole costume and get up were pretty goofy but I could live with it.

Didnt Gibbon and a couple other appear in a Spec Spidey issue, as some group of super-villain rejects? As I recall, Beetle was also part of that group.

And hahhaah...Hyno Hustler wow....never thought I would see him again

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Rocket Racer and Fool Killer are two of the biggest losers I can think of for Spidey so far.....
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Gibbon was in a great little spider man story - from crappy memory dude is in a helicopter as a cameraman filming spiderman when he thinks ahh what the hell this is last chance for fame and dons the gibbon suit and attacks - easily wiped out but then beetle attacks and gibbon realises he's a total loser and decides to help spiderman out blah blah - spiderman lets gibbon take the credit for the victory having basically kicked a man when he's down. Nice done in one (which probably didnt happen in any which way that i have described). Goofy and tragic = double win

"...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dr chimp View Post
    crappy memory dude
    Great idea for a new hero.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Great idea for a new hero.
    with baboon barkeep back up. every issue basically writes itself.

kickstarter.....
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Streamlining things even more, given crappy memory dude's self-evident superpower, continuity wouldn't be any sort of consideration at all. Not even such basic info as character names!
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Streamlining things even more, given crappy memory dude's self-evident superpower, continuity wouldn't be any sort of consideration at all. Not even such basic info as character names!
    plus no need for an origin or back story - ahhhh easy street. chromium die cut cover collectors edition and 32 blank pages on a very erratic schedule here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloydsound17 View Post
    This kid will always take the cake in my books, along with the Red Nine.
    That was played for laughs though. I consider characters to be more goofy when they are meant to be taken seriously.

And while I appreciate the impassioned defense of Gaard from a couple of you, he solidly falls into that category for me. His goofy gimmick took away from his tragic story, and simply made it cringeworthy for me. But hey, I never thought I'd see people defending Gaard it's nice to know that every character has a few fans out there! ;)
    Life looks better in black and white.