Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

It really works both ways. If they named the character someone else, people would basically be calling her not-Cassie. It's a reinvention, but there are enough similarities, at least as much as the YJ and TTv3 versions had in common. They kind of had to change up her origins because neither of her previous origins really mesh with what Azzarello is doing with Wonder Girl.

oh barf--- really? Why go that route when there are other avenues that would make more sense for the character?...oh wait, this is the Nu 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Actually, the cartoon version is closer to the over-eager, "I want to fight monsters and become like the heroes of myth" Cassie that was in the Peter David Young Justice comic. And the cartoon version wearing a costume very similar to what Cassie used to wear. The cartoon version is clearly based on the pre-nu52 version.
    Yes, the cartoon version is close to the Peter David version.

Not to the boring character called Wonder Girl with little importance other than she was Superboy's girlfriend in the many years that came after his Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    And whether or not the new iteration of the Teen Titans comic had begun by the time she appeared in the cartoon, it WASN'T clear when this new iteration began that "wonder girl" has zero connection to Wonder Woman. None. Even Superboy at least shares DNA with Superman.
    Well, that's probably why she asks people to not call her Wonder Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Wonder Woman has been stripped of her actual supporting cast, her history, and her place in the DC universe. There's nowhere for a Wonder Girl to be from in what's left of Wonder Woman's world.
    How has she been stripped of her "place in the DC Universe" any more than Supes or Bats? She's a League founder with a 5 year gap they can fill in with anything they want, just like the other DC big guns.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder39 View Post
    oh barf--- really? Why go that route when there are other avenues that would make more sense for the character?...oh wait, this is the Nu 52.
    X2
    another missed opportunity. Wonder girl is in Young Justice in her pre-reboot origins, don't know why DC went this way in reboot. Wonder Woman has a good support role, another character wouldn't be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    How has she been stripped of her "place in the DC Universe" any more than Supes or Bats? She's a League founder with a 5 year gap they can fill in with anything they want, just like the other DC big guns.
    robin still related to batman, supergirl and superboy still related to superman.
    I think wonder girl loses more in this.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Where is her Batcave? her Smallville? Her hometown and Fortress of Solitude? Where is the place where she could take young superheroines to have them trained? She has been stripped of all of that, had her sisters destroyed and demonized; and like I said, she doesn't have enough of a place in the DCU left for a Wonder Girl to be from.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Its painfully obvious at this point that its only a matter of time before Paradise Island, her sisters, and her mother are restored. Maybe later than sooner, but it'll happen.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its painfully obvious at this point that its only a matter of time before Paradise Island, her sisters, and her mother are restored. Maybe later than sooner, but it'll happen.
    Just have them reappear, without explanation, along with the new writer.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Or it could be done in a way that isn't completely stupid.

I hated Byrne's origin for Cassie, so anything is an improvement.

I'm sure there's more to the story than what we're getting yet too (like the larriat she weilds). There still may be an Amazon connection in there somewhere.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

If it were a new character and or reintroduced to us without ever mentioning the WG name, I would be fine it. But since it was neither of those, I am not happy that they changed basically everything about the character and removed her from WWs story/life. It is something that they wouldnt do to Supergirl/Superboy or Robins.

Well now that Diana is a demi-god I understand them wanting to give Cassie a different origin. I would have prefered her to be connected to Greek mythology if she's gonna call herself Wonder Girl but it's not a huge deal. She's now connected to Raven and classic Teen Titans mythos.

I wouldve been fine if they kept her demi god origin. Wouldve been a good story to have WW save her from Hera and take her under her wing. If we can have 3 full kryptonians running around, we sure as hell can have 2 demi gods.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 11-05-2012 at 12:33 AM.

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

At first, this seemed like a really cool way to connect her to Ares with more of the anger/rage/war aspects of her new character. It was interesting that she fought against being called Wonder Girl and that she wanted her own identity and not a copy or juniorization of another's. However, since her armor is apparently from Trigon and she doesn't seem to be related to the greek gods or anything remotely Wonder Woman there is absolutely no point in calling her Wonder Girl.

I agree with the post above who said that Wonder Woman has been stripped of everything in this "new & improved" DCU. Batman has four Robins, Superman has a cousin and a clone...why can't Wonder Woman have two sisters or even just one?

Like most of the decisions that have related to anything Teen Titan related...this one was likewise poor.
    Not all who wander are lost....