Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    I'm still on board with Animal Man And Swamp Thing(Along with JLD)Because i enjoy the dark line
    I'm more on board with Swamp Thing than I am with Animal Man. I've gone through all of Lemire's AM issues again, and while it pains me to say this as a Sweet Tooth fan, but I think Lemire's mainstream comics work is very overrated. Whereas Swamp Thing has had a clear direction from Day One and has really been moving forward with its story and character development, Animal Man has gone off on a lot of weird tangents (seriously, that issue that was a scene from one of Buddy's movies, wtf?), the characters feel like they're basically at the same place they've been since issue two (not counting Buddy Baker's new abilities), and that the series is just running on autopilot. Compared to the first 12 issues of Animal Man during Morrison's run, Lemire is just running in circles.

I may continue reading Swamp Thing after Rotworld, and will if Snyder leaves The Rot behind and finds a new set of antagonists for Swampy, but it's getting more and more likely that I'll drop Animal Man before the crossover ends. YMMV
    X-O Manowar. Harbinger. Bloodshot. Archer & Armstrong. Swamp Thing. Dial H. Captain Marvel. Hit-Girl. Saga. Prophet. Read my reviews of these and more at The Comic Book Couple!

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

I'll be picking it up. Looks and sounds like it will be a fun book with tons of weirdness.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

I'm looking forward to this one. My knowledge of the character only comes from the shadowman video game, but I love the voodoo theme. I'm impressed with Valiant so far, XO has been great and it seems like they're not afraid to take chances.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

i LOVED garth ennis & ashley wood 4 issues of shadowman from acclaim. the valiant shadowman always looked lame to me so i never checked it out. the new shadowman looks like the valiant shadowman. still i'm curious about it.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    i LOVED garth ennis & ashley wood 4 issues of shadowman from acclaim. the valiant shadowman always looked lame to me so i never checked it out. the new shadowman looks like the valiant shadowman. still i'm curious about it.
    I think they are going for a good mix of the original and Acclaim versions. The main character is the original Jack Boniface, but they are including a new legacy aspect and the Deadside concept from the Acclaim run.

I think the overall look, while closer to the original, is a vast improvement over the blue jumpsuit, and the later nineties-o-rific leather jacket look.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    I think they are going for a good mix of the original and Acclaim versions. The main character is the original Jack Boniface, but they are including a new legacy aspect and the Deadside concept from the Acclaim run.

I think the overall look, while closer to the original, is a vast improvement over the blue jumpsuit, and the later nineties-o-rific leather jacket look.
    Having read the first issue, what Bugsy says is right on. It's not the Jack Boniface you know, and is probably leaning more to the Acclaim side of things in terms of subject matter, the use of Deadside, etc., but this book has a very modern feel. It fits right in with the other books that Valiant has relaunched, while retaining its own flavor. Like X-O and Harbinger, this is Shadowman for 2012.

I'm going to do an advance review of Shadowman #1 for my blog, so I don't want to say too much here, but I definitely recommend everyone pick this book up on Wednesday.
    X-O Manowar. Harbinger. Bloodshot. Archer & Armstrong. Swamp Thing. Dial H. Captain Marvel. Hit-Girl. Saga. Prophet. Read my reviews of these and more at The Comic Book Couple!

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Supreme View Post
    Having read the first issue, what Bugsy says is right on. It's not the Jack Boniface you know, and is probably leaning more to the Acclaim side of things in terms of subject matter, the use of Deadside, etc., but this book has a very modern feel. It fits right in with the other books that Valiant has relaunched, while retaining its own flavor. Like X-O and Harbinger, this is Shadowman for 2012.

I'm going to do an advance review of Shadowman #1 for my blog, so I don't want to say too much here, but I definitely recommend everyone pick this book up on Wednesday.
    How's the pacing and quantity of content? I'm a huge hater of decompressed story telling.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!