Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I didn't think the show's ending was a cop-out at all. I really enjoyed it.

That said, I really like the new comic as well.

edit: Especially when ChrisCross draws it.
    I have a few problems with how ChrisCross draws the comics: how he draws the Superman S, the LexCorp symbol(looks different from the way Perez drew it, look like original Smallville LexCorp symbol, completely different LexCorp symbol,) and also I know there can be some problems in drawing the Smallville characters exactly like the actors and there has to be some variation but they look like completely different characters at times.

I have to agree with lovelikewinter, MissLane38, and still that the ending was a perfect ending for Smallville and hits all the right notes for me because it did exactly what it promises: it lined up Smallville with the Superman and DC universe as well as leaving certain plot elements open(Legion of Doom/Marionette Ventures vs JL, Kara receiving an JLU Kara like ending, etc) on purpose plus the benefit of having BQM doing the Smallville season 11 comic.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

There was nothing wrong with the smallville ending, that 2 hour finale was probably the best hey did all season long, in that stupid season 10. There are all this complains he wore the suit CGI, like big deal, he appears to wore the suit thats enough, leave it to the imagination, nothing is really real, superman isnt.

The comic book on the other hand is a complete dud and a waste of money. Its nothing like the show, not even as half as good as the show & they no longer even try to make the art resemble the actors more, for some to just buy, who miss their favourite actor/characters smallville style. All of the superman books, are sucking these days especially new 52, I can see why this book can be seen as the best among other duds.

Quote Originally Posted by Redk View Post
    There was nothing wrong with the smallville ending, that 2 hour finale was probably the best hey did all season long, in that stupid season 10. There are all this complains he wore the suit CGI, like big deal, he appears to wore the suit thats enough, leave it to the imagination, nothing is really real, superman isnt.

The comic book on the other hand is a complete dud and a waste of money. Its nothing like the show, not even as half as good as the show & they no longer even try to make the art resemble the actors more, for some to just buy, who miss their favourite actor/characters smallville style. All of the superman books, are sucking these days especially new 52, I can see why this book can be seen as the best among other duds.
    I agree about the series finale but I disagree with most of your comments about Season 11 comic(it helps when the writer has been working with Smallville since season 5 and wrote some of the better season 8-10 episodes) because A. Although the characters barely look like the Smallville cast at times in personality and plot it's basically what happened after the finale. (It's one of the Superman books to me: along with
    Grant Morrison Action Comics Scott Lobdell Superman run, etc) and season 11 is basically a combination of Timm/ DCAU Superman, Donner/Reeve Superman and Smallville Clark(BQM confirmed it on his twitter account) and it's basically expanding on some plot threads (Lex loosing all his memories and killing Tess, Clark becoming Superman and not marrying Lois until 7 years later, etc) and basically creating new plots(Lex and Tess basically merging, Superman and Batman's first team up on Smallville).

Also BQM there are some actor embargoes that kind of prevent them drawing it mostly like the actors(but I said that already and I digress).
    A Comic book fan till I die.

I loved Season 10. It's one of the show's top 5 seasons, in my opinion, mainly because of the character work and mythology woven into every episode. Having read the majority of Fourth World mythology, I found Season 10 hit all of the core thematic notes associated with Darkseid and the New Gods. The use of the VRA and the Suicide Squad was a creative way to draw out of Clark the reasoning for showing himself to the world as Superman instead of just The Blur. Sure, there were a few lackluster episodes (e.g. Supergirl, Isis, Harvest, and Collateral), but there was more good than bad. The Lois/Clark romance, Tess's redemption, and the integration of Earth-2 characters was also well done and pretty seamlessly linked to the season's themes and arcs.

That's not a bad thing. The show wasn't that great to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    I loved Season 10. It's one of the show's top 5 seasons, in my opinion, mainly because of the character work and mythology woven into every episode. Having read the majority of Fourth World mythology, I found Season 10 hit all of the core thematic notes associated with Darkseid and the New Gods. The use of the VRA and the Suicide Squad was a creative way to draw out of Clark the reasoning for showing himself to the world as Superman instead of just The Blur. Sure, there were a few lackluster episodes (e.g. Supergirl, Isis, Harvest, and Collateral), but there was more good than bad. The Lois/Clark romance, Tess's redemption, and the integration of Earth-2 characters was also well done and pretty seamlessly linked to the season's themes and arcs.
    I agree. The last three seasons really build upon the Superman mythos positively. One thing I like about Smallville:the Show and comic is it got more people interested in Superman. I hope martian Manhunter gets to show up again. Phil Morris is a cool actor and digs comics. also, more Legion, that'd be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    Let's face it, the ending of Smallville was a total cop-out.Some fans waited years for this and were let down.Did the Smallville comic series make up for the t.v show's bad ending?
    Ummm, sorry...I never felt that way. Sure, there were good and bad times, but it all made the show even more special because it was about showing the TRANSITION. If we saw Clark wearing the suit and flying, great!! it was a plus and the beginning of a new chapter of his life, but if we didn't...the guy was already Superman in all sense of the word. The new SV comic basically has become my only canon along with AC (the only Superman related comic of DC's nU that I'm currently reading AND -somewhat- enjoying).

And yes...I hope other characters come back (so to speak) to the new 'season', too!!!!
    Last edited by TomariS; 11-08-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    I was a fan of the show who watched it live from its very first episode. I waited ten years to see Clark become Superman. I did not feel the ending of the show was a total cop out. In fact, I was quite pleased with the ending. It was more than I ever hoped for, honestly. Clark flew, he wore the iconic suit, he saved Lois Lane from an airborne disaster while wearing his suit, he defeated Darkseid by representing everything Superman is supposed to represent, Tess found her redemption, Lex's antipathy towards Superman not Clark was masterfully explained by paralyzing his recognition memory, and there were many beautiful echoes of the series' ten years throughout the episode. The Smallville: Season 11 comic, therefore, offers me a way to experience Clark putting those ten years into practice. It builds on the past in the best possible way while breaking exciting new ground. It doesn't make up for a bad ending; it proves how much that ending provided a solid foundation for a new era of Superman stories featuring the show's version of Clark Kent.
    Superbly put misslane38.