Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Its did attack Emma because her power was off the scale and she was going around televised, killing Sentinels. Juston doesn't have to be attacked directly by Emma as she was the one that would stop him from fullfilling his operative: Which is to protect Juston. Sentinel can't protect Juston if he ceases to be so thats why he attacked. I agree with what Emma wanted, but she did not care for what Juston wanted since we're to assume that "sentinel" was a sentient being. Its not right to melt the CPU of Danger, Omega Sentinel or someone like Vision, so teh same can be applied to Juston's sentinel. Thats the point that people are missing.
    Yea Dr. Pym and students watched the television knowing what P5 did at the time, but Juston's Sentinels didn't. And only because Emma's power was off the scale? That's not a good reason since power being off the scale doesn't equal threatening. The problem of this Sentinel was to be unable to differentiate the aggressive behaviors from the normal behaviors very well. Yea you could say that Juston's Sentinel was loyal and protective…but to whom? Only to its owner, Juston. For others, it was dangerous and uncontrollable since it's highly possible that this robot would consider people's normal behaviors as threats and tried to attack them to "protect" its owner.

Reprogramming a Robot doesn't mean killing it – it means improving and adjusting. In such a case, improving, adjusting, and, I guess we can say, reprogramming, are necessary. It's just like chemical castration. Habitual rapists who undergo chemical castration could be reduced their libido and sexual activities effectively. But they are still able to have children; they are not actually castrated, nor are they sterile. It's good for everyone, isn't it?

As for that Sentinel, from AA #32 and #33, we could see clearly it still yelled out "Kill all mutants" even in front of X-23, and attacked Emma directly when she just arrived at the Avengers Academy without doing anything. Juston's Sentinel is an X-factor that is highly possible to hurt any mutants.

We all know what Sentinels are, right? The giant robot killing machines designed to genocide the mutantkind, who should be responsible for unending massacres of mutants. For X-Men, especially Emma Frost, whose most students was killed under the sentinels' barrels, the very existence of one of the killing machines right in the school of their (former) ally is not only a threat but a kind of insult as well. And even in such a case, Emma gave up smashing the Sentinel, just want to remodel it and remove its mutant-hunting program creating a new persona for it… Even Dr. Pym and Quicksilver both agreed with Emma's suggestion, right?
    Last edited by airdreams; 11-05-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    No they are supporting a symbol of evil that in the MU is even more murderous than the Swastika
    Hydra? 10char

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think I'm saying anything offense.

I'm saying if Sentinals can be used to save lives, that's more important than what they symbolize. If you take offense to that, then you take offense to that. But regardless of what you believe, that's what I honestly think. I'll take an offended mutant over a dead body.
    That would be using a tool for something other than what it is intended. Sentinels are intended to have a singular, specific use: destroy mutants. That is what their primary programming is. The government has many other tools to save people and fight against other threats. They have absolutely zero reason to deploy a Sentinel to rescue people or fight Skrulls or some other stuff.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    They have absolutely zero reason to deploy a Sentinel to rescue people or fight Skrulls or some other stuff.
    The reason would be 'we have it available, and it might work'. That's the usual reason resources get used for reasons other than what they were intended for. On the other hand, if you're going to repurpose them in a permanent manner, it's not like you can't repaint them and otherwise make it clear that they've been moved to a different role.

BANNED

hate machine paint jobs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyJ View Post
    The reason would be 'we have it available, and it might work'. That's the usual reason resources get used for reasons other than what they were intended for. On the other hand, if you're going to repurpose them in a permanent manner, it's not like you can't repaint them and otherwise make it clear that they've been moved to a different role.

the p5 destroyed them all
    so, there are none available

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    hate machine paint jobs.
    So a "Pretty Hate Machine"? *rim shot*
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    hate machine paint jobs.
    Pimp my sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    That would be using a tool for something other than what it is intended. Sentinels are intended to have a singular, specific use: destroy mutants. That is what their primary programming is. The government has many other tools to save people and fight against other threats. They have absolutely zero reason to deploy a Sentinel to rescue people or fight Skrulls or some other stuff.
    Baseball bats were designed for a specific use... to hit baseballs. Doesn't mean I can't in theory use one to lay out someone breaking into my house.

If Sin is and an army of mecha's are laying siege to Washington DC, and you have a couple Sentinals sitting in the basement collecting dust, do you give a dam whether or not they were designed to kill mutants? Or do you just care that they might be able to actually help stop the the bad guys from destroying the earth? I would argue the later.

Let me be clear here... I'm not suggesting Sentinals be used to get cats out of trees, or even to stop Shocker from robbing a bank. What I am suggesting is that in a situation like Fear Itself, where literally the safety of the entire planet is at stake, you throw everything you have at the problem. Everything. Avengers, Guardsman, Hulkbusters, Sentinals... throw the dam kitchen sink at the Serpent if that's what you've got. It doesn't matter if it offends people... nor does it matter what they are specifically designed to do. All that matters is that they can potentially help. Worry about ensuring that 7 billion people continue living today, and worry about the rest tommorow.

BANNED

The only people who have sentinels are bigots and racists I doubt they would be willing to help out

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    The only people who have sentinels are bigots and racists I doubt they would be willing to help out
    I think even bigots in general don't want the earth destroyed. The fact that they pretty much live on earth is pretty strong insentive.

Sentinals were used against Kang in Kang War for what it's worth. It didn't work, but it shows that the government in theory are willing to use them on at least one occasion when the situation called for it.

BANNED

I wouldn't put it past the bigots in charge of the sentinels I.e. dictatorship men of industry and what not would have some contingency plan, just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    I wouldn't put it past the bigots in charge of the sentinels I.e. dictatorship men of industry and what not would have some contingency plan, just sayin
    Hi, Sebastian Shaw is on line 1 for you.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Baseball bats were designed for a specific use... to hit baseballs. Doesn't mean I can't in theory use one to lay out someone breaking into my house.

If Sin is and an army of mecha's are laying siege to Washington DC, and you have a couple Sentinals sitting in the basement collecting dust, do you give a dam whether or not they were designed to kill mutants? Or do you just care that they might be able to actually help stop the the bad guys from destroying the earth? I would argue the later.

Let me be clear here... I'm not suggesting Sentinals be used to get cats out of trees, or even to stop Shocker from robbing a bank. What I am suggesting is that in a situation like Fear Itself, where literally the safety of the entire planet is at stake, you throw everything you have at the problem. Everything. Avengers, Guardsman, Hulkbusters, Sentinals... throw the dam kitchen sink at the Serpent if that's what you've got. It doesn't matter if it offends people... nor does it matter what they are specifically designed to do. All that matters is that they can potentially help. Worry about ensuring that 7 billion people continue living today, and worry about the rest tommorow.
    I do remember a What If? CW where Sentinels were used to attack the Super Heroes, and the Sentinels were destroyed.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Pimp my sentinel
    "I'd be glad to."

Last edited by Brandon McKinnis; 11-05-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!