Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Rope like Sentinals is ultimately neither good or bad. It just is. How it's used is really is the issue.

And if Moon Knight wielding a fiery cross actually ended up saving lives somehow, then I'd be okay with him wielding a fiery cross.
    wrong again, boyo.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    wrong again, boyo.
    That's the nice thing about comments like this. What it lacks in substance, it makes up for in lack of substance.

To be precise, he opposed government when they decided take him in for not going along with the SHRA months before the law even passed. Hill didn't exactly leave Steve a whole lot of choice.

Again, I don't recall the X-Men coming to Steve's aid when he was arrested at the end of Civil War. And I'm frankly fine with that too.
    Why would they come to his aid after being his being arrested, He never even spoke against mutants being arrested for fighting a far more repugnant law.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Trust is Steve isn't really an issue... again, this isn't Steve's call. That's the part of the story people in this thread are constantly overlooking. It's not incompetence on his part if it's not his decision.
    The only way that is it s not Steve's call is if he decides not to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Why are people acting like Cap has anything to do with the attacks. I highly doubt the Warden would say oh by the way we're setting up Cycops into a gang brawl.
    As Cyke said putting the Mutants in the gereral population is simply a way to kill the mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    The only way that is it s not Steve's call is if he decides not to get involved.
    Show me where Steve was appointed the director of the federal bureau of prisons and I'll concede the point.

As far as I know, that's not Steve's job and the story has made it clear it's not his decision. It says it right there on the page. The fact that it hinders your ability to bash the character doesn't change that fact.

Steve's not a policy maker any more. He's really more of a super powered police officer. His job is to lead his team and subdue the threat, but not to mete out punishment after the threat has been neutralized.

A cop doesn't get to decide what prison the people he arrests get placed in, nor the severity of thier sentence.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

This whining about lack of due process is silly coming from X-Fans.

Sebastian Shaw called, he'd like his memories and personality back.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

BANNED

That's the nice thing about comments like this. What it lacks in substance, it makes up for in lack of substance.
    no one should have to explain cultural sensitivity to you on a comic book message board. you are expected to already have those skills.

wrong again, boyo.
    This is one of the few times I agree with you.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    This is one of the few times I agree with you.
    there is a first time for everything, brandon.

no one should have to explain cultural sensitivity to you on a comic book message board. you are expected to already have those skills.
    I'm not disagreeing that there's not a level of insensitivity to mutants in using Sentinals. I'm just saying I don't think that innately means they're bad.

If I'm being attacked by an army of skrulls and the US government sends in a Sentinal to save my life, I don't give a dam about whether or not someone is offended. All I care about is the fact that I'm still breathing.

A nuclear weapon might be offense to japanesse citizens, as their country was the unfortunate victim of such a weapon in WW2. But if a skrull warship appeared on the horizen I'd be perfectly fine with the US government nuking the hell out of the thing... provided of course I was a safe distance away.

I do think there is legitimate value in political correctness.... but I think under certain circumstances, other considerations matter more. If you have Sentinals, and they can be of use, then you use them. Worry about offending people tommorow... today make sure those people complaining about it tommorow are alive to complain about it.

BANNED

ok sure buddy. next you'll be selling us some snake oil about steve rogers wearing a swastika as long as he's doing a good job.

ok sure buddy. next you'll be selling us some snake oil about steve rogers wearing a swastika as long as he's doing a good job.
    Not selling snake oil... just common sense.

These things if used correctly can save lives. There's a legitimate need in their world for a means of combating super human threats. You can legitimately argue that the potential good they bring outweights offending a relatively small portion of the population.

Which isn't to say that I don't consider NOT using Sentinals a perfectly understandable stance. Again, I'll point out that Steve seemed to be against it. But as long as the MU is as dangerous a place as it is, I think things like Sentinals make sense to have. If you don't see that we can agree to disagree.

Truthfully I don't think Sentinals are a bad idea.

I think utilizing them SOLELY for the purpose of killing mutants is stupid. But I think creating robots is actually pretty practical in the world they live in. Lord knows they would have been handy against Sin's mechs in Fear Itself for example.

I don't think Steve would have the right to legally prevent the government from building Sentinals. I do think he'd have the right to shut the program down IF it used the Sentinals in an unlawful manner. But it would likley have to get to that point. Again, he doesn't necessarily get to decide how tax payer dollars are spent. I think he can speak out against it... but I have doubts he could completely veto it purely on principal.
    The sentinels are essentialy walking "Showers" and always have been. The organization that handles then is openly bigoted and currently run by someone who developed the official plan for mutant genocide.