Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

While I liked what Spencer did at DC, in my dream world, this would be the rumored superhero project that Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez pick up after completing Locke & Key: Omega....

Quote Originally Posted by Lot 49 View Post
    While I liked what Spencer did at DC, in my dream world, this would be the rumored superhero project that Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez pick up after completing Locke & Key: Omega....
    pretty sure Joe Hill mentioned that the supposed superhero book would be at Marvel or DC.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    pretty sure Joe Hill mentioned that the supposed superhero book would be at Marvel or DC.
    Oh, I realize that...but, the project was apparently in the works before the New 52 and Marvel NOW!...by the time they get around to it, things cold easily change...

Quote Originally Posted by ian33407 View Post
    loved Spencer' run too, and was actually wondered when there will be a new TA book among the new 52..
    DC made a mistake by letting go this awesome franchise IMHO, they could have mavericking their NATIONAL COMICS imprint just with these characters..
    Me ? I wanted Brian Azzarello and Michael Lark..

a TA book by John Byrne would be really huge, but he needs a very concerned writer like Spencer or Peter David
    I thought Spencer did some interesting stuff in TA, tho I didn't like all that he did.

Did a good job of explaining what THUNDER is with the idea of a "Higher UN" and the secret war with the Subterraneans.

While there was the element that the "Thundergear" would kill the users over time (ex: the Lightning suit), it wasn't clear that the stuff could be passed on to another (ex: the Thunderbelt).

I didn't like how he turned Rusty from a mercenary to being a terrorist (there is a difference), or had this thing of her leading a bunch of women (she didn't in the original run).

Sorry, but after seeing what Azzarello did with Doc Savage et al, I wouldn't want him anywear near the THUNDER Agents, thank you very much.

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emb021 View Post
    Sorry, but after seeing what Azzarello did with Doc Savage et al, I wouldn't want him anywear near the THUNDER Agents, thank you very much.
    seconded! first wave was a let down.

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emb021 View Post
    ..after seeing what he's doing onto WONDER WOMAN, of course I do.
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future

Default Make it a double-page count anthology book

Thunder Agents really needs to be a "giant size" (in page count, not in actual page dimensions) anthology book like it was in the sixties - that style works best for the concept. While I somewhat enjoyed the new DC series, I liked the back-ups short stories featuring the original agents best. The story-telling and art style, (right down to the coloring) captured the flavor of the originals perfectly. Deluxe did it best of all the post-Tower publishers, I think.

Also, having a different artist for each character (as was done in the 60's originals) would be good as well. This helps to get out an extra-pages book when multiple artists & writers are involved. My dream team would be:

NoMan - Rags Morales. Look at his run on Hourman of the future (whatever that book was called - I forget) - a perfect choice for Noman

Dynamo - Jerry Ordway. I'm thinking of the work he did on the 1940's retro one-shot on Star Spangled Kid for one of DC's relaunches of the JSA. Such clean, crsip art. So in keeping with the legacy of Wally Wood.

A Brian Bolland cover now & then would be great.
    Not sure who I'd like to see on the rest or who to write it. I don't read much of the new stuff (not to my tastes) so I don't really know who's out there and what they do. Is Roy Thomas still writing? he'd do a good job, I 'm sure.
    Also the guy who wrote DNAgents, if he's still around. His name's on the tip of my tongue; I just can't get it out.

Deal me in for TA. Loved since I read em.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

so whats happening with T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents at IDW?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    so whats happening with T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents at IDW?
    They said to expect an announcement in 2013. That leaves a lot of wiggle room. Still no word on a creative team, concept, etc. looking forward to it though!
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

I know someone else mentioned this but i just love this quote "I'm always wary of having too much of an editorial direction in mind before I talk to creators. I'd like to see what they have to bring to it before dictating to them" This right here makes me want to send him all my money ! it's refreshing to hear this in this day and age where Editors and EIC want to be writers but can't hack it so they tell other people what to do instead.

IDW announced at WonderCon today that Phil Hester and Andrea DiVito will be the creative team on the new THUNDER Agents title - which'll be set in the 1960s. Covers will be provided by Jerry Ordway and Dave Sim.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...26a1da7800000d

Whoa, Andrea DiVito is the artist from The Thing series from Marvel some years back. Love his work.

got some art from Jerry Ordway, from IDW's website.

http://media.ideaanddesignworks.com/...der_Agents.jpg

Yay !

Great news. Can't buy it fast enough.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am