View Poll Results: Clay orgin or Demi-god

Voters
137. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Clay

67 48.91%
  • Demi-god

64 46.72%

6 4.38%
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    How many other aliens does he know? He's not very friendly with the Martian Manhunter either.
    He not set him on fire or sent a hit squad after Starfire either.

And how many times has he been allied to an alien?

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    How many other aliens does he know? He's not very friendly with the Martian Manhunter either.
    He and Brainiac get along ok (until they inevitably betray each other as villains do). Post Crisis Luthor had a xenophobic streak, but was still pragmatic.

Um, also...how about that Wonder Woman, eh?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

<nudges this back on topic>

Lex is more a Superman kinda thing ;)
    Gaelforce
    WW Forum Mom
    WW/Superman/TV & Film Moderator

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Clay all the way. I am not a fan of the daughter of Zeus retcon, and I await the day when a future writer comes on the book and wants to get back to the classic origin (probably following the next Crisis-style reboot in nine years or so).
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Since Dc is working on a Earth 1 graphic Novel will this mean once its over Dc will just forget the original origin exist ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    Since Dc is working on a Earth 1 graphic Novel will this mean once its over Dc will just forget the original origin exist ?
    since they dont have the means to wipe it from human memory...or Wiipedia, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    since they dont have the means to wipe it from human memory...or Wiipedia, no.

What I mean is will that be the only thing that will be put out of her original origin and history.

What I mean is will that be the only thing that will be put out of her original origin and history.
    No. The Earth One graphic novels have nothing to do with continuity whatsoever. Morrison's Wonder Woman: Earth One will have absolutely no impact on the main series.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

That I understand but I wondering if we will ever see the old origin ever again .

BANNED

Most likely, until some other writer decides to change it again. (not to mention the old comics are still being put out as omnibus' and such while still being around physically)

That I understand but I wondering if we will ever see the old origin ever again .
    This isn't the psychic board... But it's corporate comics... odds are favourable, even if it may take a decade or longer.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

DC comics must hate wonder woman to be victim of incest. This is the reason NBC turn down Wonder Woman because of the incest story. Her father is Great Grandfather Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by caprice View Post
    DC comics must hate wonder woman to be victim of incest. This is the reason NBC turn down Wonder Woman because of the incest story. Her father is Great Grandfather Zeus.
    Greek mythology is rife with these tales, though.

I like the clay origin. It's interesting and very original.
    Agreed! I like how different it is from the other hero origins out there, and that it speaks, thematically, to the beliefs of the Amazons...

To me the one thing I missed is a mother love bother Diana to life vs Azz in which a mother affair and regret. If you want to go all out on the Greek myth than have Hippoltya be killed by Hercules and have her be Ares daughter and her sister and state that all the Greek Gods are relate and that Zeus been sleeping with his Sister. The amazons were fine but in one myth they just returned the sons to their father but that can't be done in Azz.