Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, #16.1

• The Daily Bugle is on the hunt to find out everything they can about the new Spider-Man
    • What they discover will surprise them, you...and him!

Full article here.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

The two-page spread that opened the issue looks great. I always like seeing the Ult. Bugle used, but didn't the last UCSM issue end on a cliffhanger? Not that I mind, I think the crossover is a tad intrusive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    The two-page spread that opened the issue looks great. I always like seeing the Ult. Bugle used, but didn't the last UCSM issue end on a cliffhanger? Not that I mind, I think the crossover is a tad intrusive anyway.
    Marvel treats point ones more as side stories to what's actually going on elsewhere.

I really didn't expect them to bring these .1 shenanigans to the Ultimate Universe or into the Marvel NOW era.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Aspiring Spider-Man StepsOntheMoon's Avatar

I guess this would have been Issue 13 if DWF/UWS hadn't been an event. I am looking forward to getting more ground level stories for Miles.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StepsOntheMoon View Post
    I guess this would have been Issue 13 if DWF/UWS hadn't been an event. I am looking forward to getting more ground level stories for Miles.
    Hurm. Good point. So when organizing my UCSM issues I should organize them 12-16.1-13 if we wanna keep it all in-continuity-like?

Elder Member

No, because JJJ directly references DWF.

I find the point one issues not really side issues but Marvel's new way of doing extra annuals without having well extra annuals. And it can also give a sort of jumping on point for the series. And as wyokid mentioned and if you read the preview this issue mentions DWF. Though it can be said that it may have been meant to be issue 13 but since DWF happened it got pushed back and some dialog got changed. Either way I can't wait, hopefully its better than the last issue of USM was.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

I thought this issue was gonna be Pichelli.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioActiveLunch View Post
    I thought this issue was gonna be Pichelli.
    That would be cool right? Anyway, yeah it was always Marquez doing this one. But Pichelli will be back for the Venom arc!
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by StepsOntheMoon View Post
    I'm hoping this will be the case. With the exception of the issue where Miles got his Web Shooters from Aunt May, I haven't really enjoyed the DWF/UWS story arc. Hopefully this issue will see a return to the solid character development that previously hooked me in.
    Check out Mywebbedreviews.com for Spider-Man related reviews, rants and more!