Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Man, #13

"The Fury of Firestorm: the Nuclear Man" #13 marks brings a brand new start to the adventures of everyone's favorite nuclear-powered teen courtesy of Dan Jurgens.

Full review here.

4 is highly overated
    I would give it a 3/5
    its not bad but is very average and safe
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    4 is highly overated
    I would give it a 3/5
    its not bad but is very average and safe
    Which at this point is all we can ask considering how bad this comic has been. That or we could ask DC to put it out of its misery...

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Which at this point is all we can ask considering how bad this comic has been. That or we could ask DC to put it out of its misery...
    Eh, as bad and random as it was, some of the ideas had potential, this is veering toward cliche teenage hero sitcom syndrome which is boring. I wanted to give it a chance but this is at least helping me, cut down on the pull list.

This wasn't bad at all (better than the few issues I did read pre-Jurgen), but it isn't a very memorable comic. I'd give a 3/5 or maybe 3.5/5, but no more than. This review may be a slight overreaction considering how bad the first 12 issues were.
    - Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
    Winston Churchill

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

3 or 3.5 sounds about right me thinks but its a lot more coherent compared to the older issues. Still kind of miss all the stuff from the previous stories like two Firestorms and all. But anyway, curious to know who controls DataXen and I presume thats Captain Atom saying he needs to return.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Its fine traditional. I just wish they could shift control with transmutation being when Jason is in charge and Fire/Heat being Ronnie
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Huh. I stuck with the other series because it had some potential interest. But the ending sucked, and now? This is just old, old, old, retread. Floating head stuff again. Over and over and over. The original series suffered from the endless "merging" stuff. We endured it again during "Brightest Day/Blackest Night." And now after all the jumping around, back to square one. And I am so done with the "You're either all brains or all muscle" nonsense. We're back to speeches about lack of intelligence, blah blah. Who talks like that? Teenagers walking around claiming to be dumb or brilliant? Give me a break.

I have a short leash on this one. I preferred the 2 firestorms, have no idea where this is supposed to go.

I think there could be plenty of room for two firestorms in this book Heroes for hire is a perfect example of two active heroes sharing a book. then we coujld just do away with smart dumb contrast, then we could focus on the fact that they would both have different ways to battle their shared villans.

I always thought the young vs older conflicts (Martin and Ronnie, or Martin and Jason) offered better fodder for storytelling.

I'm a HUGE Firestorm fan but, like The Flash, I haven't been a huge fan of the stories that have been told with the character of late.

The preview I saw entertained me more and gave me more hope for the future of Firestorm, as a character and series, than any issue since and including the ChrissCross days.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.